IGNORED

It's on! BRR V

Matts_12GS

Matt, count me in. Coming up with Bernie.

Excellent!

I can't wait to see you guys up there. Please make sure that you take the time to register at www.blueridgerendezvous.net and that you send Shawn your dinero for uber tasty BBQ!

Yes Matt. last time my friend did it on a 12 GSA. and he's a beginner. We can come back on the Cherohola after lunch. There were horse drawn carts last time we were there. We only did the first 23 miles but this time we're doing it all.I also know some cool dirt roads to the river at the point they filmed Deliverence.You can actually walk across the river to South Carolina. It's off another great road which is Warwoman. There are also great hiking trails in there. I'm coming up Thursday night and heading home Monday. Bernie, thanks, I found a ride up with a friend who's on his way to Renfro Valley to ride the dual sport ride. I don't know how Jacqueline did it but riding the Dakar to Cedar Key about killed me. I can ride it all day in the mountains, but not on long straight roads.

I just called the hotel and the guy (Chad) who answered doesn't know anything about any motorcycle gathering Apr 29-May2.

He shows no block of rooms set aside for any motorcyclists, or BRR or Blue Ridge Rendevous

All of the standard rooms are booked

He gave me a different room for the $79 rate, although it has a fridge and microwave in the room, where the standard rooms do not. (guess I'll have white wine this time!)

He took my CC # and I had to ask him for a Conf#, just to be safe.

Matt...maybe you might want to callback "during week day hours" to speak to the manager Katrina Evans to be sure we have a gathering at this place?? He said the hotel name is the Dillsboro Hotel and hasn't gone by the name we have since spring 2009. "Shawn" is the front desk manager and he won't be back until Sunday night.

I just talked to the hotel to see if I can get the room for Wed night too. Guess what? They are telling me that I canceled the reservation that I made on Jan 8th. The manager, Katrina, found me a room. I sure hope that doesn't mean that someone else got bumped :eek: I have a new confirmation number and my fingers are crossed as well.

Well,

I suddenly find myself with a bike, and can get a room at the hotel Thursday and Friday. Is it too late to sign up for a couple days?

Nope, no dates or locations as of yet, but the committee is having super secret discussions around the porch next week.

I think we're in agreement on where to go, but not sure of the when.

I'm bringing my tent in case someone needs to share my room. You'll like my tent. :grin:

WEATHER LOOKS GOOD IN DILLSBORO !!

Wed

Apr 28 Partly Cloudy 66°/41° 10 % chance of rain

Thu

Apr 29 Sunny 74°/47° 0 %

Fri

Apr 30 Sunny 73°/45° 0 %

Sat

May 01 Sunny 74°/49° 0 %

Sun

May 02 Mostly Cloudy 77°/50° 20 %

I'm in

Great, I have the perfect ride for you :rofl:

At least you can always save a seat at the table for lunch, Chris won't need it

lawnchairboy

:wave:

I am sure the route will involve wide open high speed sweepers and a mixture (100 feet) of forest roads!

:dopeslap:

I can almost feel my @$$ again after the last time I followed you....

need that renazco saddle for the plank on wheels.

see you next week.

I'm bringing my tent in case someone needs to share my room. You'll like my tent. :grin:

WEATHER LOOKS GOOD IN DILLSBORO !!

Wed

Apr 28 Partly Cloudy 66°/41° 10 % chance of rain

Thu

Apr 29 Sunny 74°/47° 0 %

Fri

Apr 30 Sunny 73°/45° 0 %

Sat

May 01 Sunny 74°/49° 0 %

Sun

May 02 Mostly Cloudy 77°/50° 20 %

Let's see if that forcast holds. Any bets?

It will change everyday till the BRR. Whatever is, is! Deb and I will be there!

Ditto :wave: My gear is rain proof and I know how to not be near a tornado. It's not like I'll be riding a mobile home.

Yepper, just over 48 hours till I launch. I'm going to do an abbreviated ride up on Tuesday night and work remotely part of Wednesday. I am ready!

I am going to be leaving the north metro Atlanta area early on thursday morning and making a day of it by taking the long way through the mountains to get there. If anyone is interested in joining me, let me know.

Chasing Bernie and company over many state and county roads Thursday.

Is there a good BBQ hut around Washington/Elberton?

Bill

I'm probably up for that. Give me a call before you leave the house, it'll take me about that long to get to that end of the skyway...

Or so I'm told it is called.

Richard_D was asking me to post these photos of the ride, looks fun, and is a chance to get the GS dirty!

dirt...

Tellico for lunch sounds good to me. I will be leaving the Atlanta area in the morning and was going to go that way up over the Skyway. I will plan on getting there around 11:30, any idea on where? The only place I am familiar with is a little sandwich shop on the river at the entrance to the skyway called Kats'. There is also a hotdog stand next door with great footlong chilly/slaw dogs if you are not into the delli sandwich thing. Both places have tables along the river which make them kind of cool to eat at.

roadscholar
Chasing Bernie and company over many state and county roads Thursday.

Is there a good BBQ hut around Washington/Elberton?

Bill, Not sure about BBQ but in Washington The Home Cafe is on the 17 bypass, pretty good home cookin buffet. Across the street is a Mexican restaurant too, was told it was good, and it's always busy. There are a couple restaurants downtown on the square also, then there's the bisquit guy Alton Brown featured in the first episode of Feasting on Asphalt, don't remember the name.

Joe Frickin' Friday
Coming thru Tellico Thursday. Anyone what to meet for lunch?

Alan

I have no definite plans for Thursday/Friday. Can make Thursday's ride take me over the Cherohala, though the timing might be imprecise.

I'd like to get some smoked/BBQ pork at some point during the weekend, but it need not be Thursday; I'm up for pretty much anything. There are a couple of sandwich shops within about a block of the Tellico motorcycle-gear store that are decent, and of course there are a couple of places a mile or two up the Skyway.

Alan/Matt, check PM's for phone #.

Coming thru Tellico Thursday. Anyone what to meet for lunch?

Alan

Fisherman and I will be going through Tellico at some point on Thursday.

Let us know where/when and we'll stop by if our timing matches up.

Ken

I just released a King room if anyone is still looking.

Shawn, don't get your hopes up, I'll still be there. :dopeslap:

I wish I could make it, but there are just too many things to get done between now and then. That, and I'm scheduled to be in Asheville for three months starting in June, so I think I'll save my riding up there till then. Have fun everyone.

Or so I'm told it is called.

Richard_D was asking me to post these photos of the ride, looks fun, and is a chance to get the GS dirty!

dirt...

Fine ... As long as it's cleaned up by 5/16 ;)

Lone_RT_rider
I just released a King room if anyone is still looking.

Shawn, don't get your hopes up, I'll still be there. :dopeslap:

I have no idea why I would hope that. lol. See all of you on Friday evening.

And Shannon, please don't call my cell and ask what time I will be there Thursday evening. It's bad enough that I really want to meet these yahoo's on Thursday in Telico. Oh well, a small price to pay for limiting my business travel to this continent for a while. :)

Oh and Mitch, try not to OD on the BBQ. Remember, Saturday's dinner is also Q. :/

Shawn

Just a note that I'm looking for someone to go sinning with, as in hooning. There's a lot of pent up hooning in me at the moment. I'm not looking for someone who makes excuses, whines about leaves on the road, trembles at the sign of rain-slick yellow lines. None of that.

So someone needs to step up to the plate. I used to be able to count on Mitch for this, but now that he's married and all, I am afraid he's gone soft and cautious on me. :P

Lone_RT_rider
So someone needs to step up to the plate. I used to be able to count on Mitch for this, but now that he's married and all, I am afraid he's gone soft and cautious on me. :P

Ouch! :eek:

Lone_RT_rider

Oh and Mitch, try not to OD on the BBQ. Remember, Saturday's dinner is also Q. :/

Shawn

Jealous of the Q? No way, I'm in BBQ Heaven here all year round. Jealous of y'all riding 2 days that I won't be? Guilty as charged. :dopeslap::cry:

Just a note that I'm looking for someone to go sinning with, as in hooning. There's a lot of pent up hooning in me at the moment. I'm not looking for someone who makes excuses, whines about leaves on the road, trembles at the sign of rain-slick yellow lines. None of that.

I rode with Mitch once....we couldn't pass a dump truck for about 10 miles that day....oh, the shame :rofl: I think we kept it a secret 'til now :dopeslap:

Fat chance David, I could barely keep him in sight last time I rode with him! I'd love to join you but I will be 2 up this trip.

lawnchairboy

Naaaaahhhh.

Ken??

No way.

Way to mild mannered.

HOON!

David,

I have 2 day rides planned to the NE on mostly less popular roads and even some scouting on roads I've never been on (not the BRR planned routes). I keep a pretty good pace, but maybe not up to the level you're looking for.

Gil will likely ride with me one day, but may not ride the other.

I would be honored to hoon with you, if it works out.

Archived