IGNORED

It's on! BRR V

Matts_12GS

OK, enough of this orange crustacean hijack!

Nancy and I are in, hoping to arrive Thursday PM.

Nice, maybe we can continue our ride. :rofl:

No problem Steve, as long as you bring a bike that works!!!

However, all that said, have you ever had stinky tofu (that which Shawn was referring)? I couldn't get it to within 3 feet of my nose after smelling it the first time

That's pretty much my thoughts and practice about dealing with the stuff too, and I will normally eat standard, everyday tofu if it's in a westernized dish. The issue becomes when every street food vender in a 6 block radius is cooking it. You can be out for a walk across town here in China and literally not be able to get away from the smell. It's nauseating, to say the least. :eek:

Ew! :eek: Cannot say I've experienced that kinda tofu :P

Well, I like tofu but, given the above description, I'll will have to pass on this particular variant as well.

Lone_RT_rider

I have had enough seafood for a couple of weeks. I personally am looking forward to a good steak for a change. Or at least a steak that I don't have to worry if it's last words were "woof woof". :eek:

Nancy and I are in, hoping to arrive Thursday PM.

Nice, maybe we can continue our ride. :rofl:

No problem Steve, as long as you bring a bike that works!!!

Yeah so much for all this Technology, that’s why I'm keeping the CUP.

P.S. I'm sitting in the Shanghai Airport. It's 30 minutes until I board my flight out of China. :clap:

Shawn

Hot Damn! Welcome back to the rest of the world. Come on down when you get a chance, I'll put some brisket in the smoker for you

I note that the Wheels Through Time Museum in Maggie Valley will have a grand opening for it's "Motoring Through The Blue Ridge" exhibit on Friday April 30th 9 till 9. The Parkway celebrates 75 years in 2010

Shoot, right now I'd just like to have a driveway I can drive through with a 4x4. Thinking of BRR/Unrally really helps to keep my spirits up.

Good to think about it right now. With all the melting/refreezing snow around, I don't think I will ride for a while.

This winter is upside down! No snow to speak of here since the beginning of Jan. I was able to take the bike off of the charger and go for a ride last week. Dry and ice free roads are not the norm in February. Fortunately there is enough snow up in the ski areas.

Good to think about it right now. With all the melting/refreezing snow around, I don't think I will ride for a while.

This winter is upside down! No snow to speak of here since the beginning of Jan. I was able to take the bike off of the charger and go for a ride last week. Dry and ice free roads are not the norm in February. Fortunately there is enough snow up in the ski areas.

Tom,

Most snow in Washington, DC ever recorded. I still have 2 - 3 feet of snow piled up along the sides of the driveway. First time in 10 years I have not been able to ride the bike even once during the months of January and February. :cry:

Yeah, even though I love snow, I'm itchin' to go ride ... but I'm talkin' about riding the twisties - especially the mtns of North Kakalaki!

Even though I've been fighting cabin fever for a good portion of this winter, I still don't picture myself pining to ride the straight, flat roadways (of Florida). :P:grin:

Tom,

Most snow in Washington, DC ever recorded. I still have 2 - 3 feet of snow piled up along the sides of the driveway. First time in 10 years I have not been able to ride the bike even once during the months of January and February.

Although we never get 3 to 4 feet of snow in one dump, I can only remember 1 winter back in 1984 when I was able to ride in February. From mid October to mid to late April we spend most of our time on line reading riding reports from our friends down south hoping that we get an early spring.

Yeah, even though I love snow, I'm itchin' to go ride ... but I'm talkin' about riding the twisties - especially the mtns of North Kakalaki!

Even though I've been fighting cabin fever for a good portion of this winter, I still don't picture myself pining to ride the straight, flat roadways (of Florida). :P:grin:

We just cut out pictures of mountains and tape them to our faceshield.

We just cut out pictures of mountains and tape them to our faceshield.

Yeah, I'd do that too! :rofl: Now you're talkin'.

First time in 10 years I have not been able to ride the bike even once during the months of January and February. :cry:

Bob, Hope you used that down time to get a radio installed.

First time in 10 years I have not been able to ride the bike even once during the months of January and February. :cry:

Bob, Hope you used that down time to get a radio installed.

No radio as yet. I don't see your name on the UnRally registration this year. If you go I'll be sure to get a radio! :)

Carolina del Norte?

I just went out and did some adjustments on the new suspenders for the GS. It's much mo' betta and even though we don't get a lot of elevation change, there's some good riding here if you know where to look...

But, it was 68 degrees when I came home.

Now it's time to get the smoker fired up and get this pork roast on the grill!

It's 46 degrees here today! That's like, downright toasty.

Now that my deck is finally clear of the snow, I might go outside and start on my tan.

One thing I'm going to do for sure is to fire up the grill and do a couple of NY Strips for dinner. Me thinks I'll wash 'em down with a nice Cab or Zin.

BTW: Matt, I know you know I don't have any mountains where I live! Not within 2 hours anyway.

"No radio as yet. I don't see your name on the UnRally registration this year. If you go I'll be sure to get a radio! :)

Com'on guys! I at least want a radio even less than a GPS, and that's saying a lot! :grin:

"No radio as yet. I don't see your name on the UnRally registration this year. If you go I'll be sure to get a radio! :)

Com'on guys! I at least want a radio even less than a GPS, and that's saying a lot! :grin:

Paul - Maybe after a million miles and multiple trips back and forth over this beautiful country as you have done, I too will not use the GPS and forgo the radio. :grin:

That's because there are no songs on the radio that Paul knows.

Radio wasn't invented when he was a youth so he didn't grow up listening to songs like the rest of us.

He might ride behind a flatbed carrying an orchestra playing some Mozart, you know, stuff he grew up with.

:P

:wave:

That's because there are no songs on the radio that Paul knows.

Radio wasn't invented when he was a youth so he didn't grow up listening to songs like the rest of us.

He might ride behind a flatbed carrying an orchestra playing some Mozart, you know, stuff he grew up with.

:P

:wave:

Hell I'd do that if I could ride like Paul does!

"Radio wasn't invented when he was a youth so he didn't grow up listening to songs like the rest of us."

To continue the hijack: Not true. At age twelve (1943) I was a expert building crystal radios http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_radio . It was the only thing that worked in the house basements where we took refuge under air attacks, when the power went out.

"Radio wasn't invented when he was a youth so he didn't grow up listening to songs like the rest of us."

To continue the hijack: Not true. At age twelve (1943) I was a expert building crystal radios http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crystal_radio . It was the only thing that worked in the house basements where we took refuge under air attacks, when the power went out.

Reminds me of when I was here and I saw all the kinds of things that were used to build crystal radios.

As a kid who grew up watching "Hogan's Heroes" being a POW only mattered because of the POW bracelet my brother wore. Seeing this kind of stuff really intrigued me.

Thanks for sharing that Paul!

Now, let's get back to anxious chatter!

Back to BRR: Still 67 days - yes, I counted them! Just in case after two weeks of withdrawal I just got back from a little 150 mile ride so I don't forget how to...

46? What the heck is that? Haven't seen that in.... months. And I still have about 1' of snow on the deck.

At this rate, I'm not going to make the BRR because there will still be snow on the roads around here!

Yeah, I know there are over 60 days but here in Ohio, its still very cool. If it would at least warm up enough so I could do some maintenance......

Craig - you enjoy your Cab, I have some Maker's Mark calling my name. :clap:

Jim

Glad you rode Paul, I did some on the GS yesterday and the supermoto today.

I'm still in a quandary of which bike to bring... I really don't want to bring the truck for fear of ski instruction going on in it again...

But really hate to choose between the two!

I am in the same boat as you Matt. I just went and traded in my 650gs last week foe a new F800gs. When I rode it home last friday it was snowing outside. Today it was 67 and sunny outside, so I took it out and put 200 miles on it. I really like this bike. I think I would be more comfortable on the RT getting there, but would wish I had the F800 on the mountain backroads. Well I still have a little over 60 days to deside.

Bring the 800 Dave, you'll love it up there in the mountains.

Rumor has it there might be some folks getting their bikes dirty up there too

Rumor has it there might be some folks getting their bikes dirty up there too

The bad news is that it will probably be me.....on my RT :grin:

j/k......I'm pretty sure my dirt bike RT days are finaly behind me. Got WAAAAY to close to being stuck on some trail in WV last year.

Back to BRR: Still 67 days - yes, I counted them! Just in case after two weeks of withdrawal I just got back from a little 150 mile ride so I don't forget how to...

Me too!!! 68 degrees and gorgeous here ... so after kicking out the out of town company, pulled The Roadrunner out of the garage and headed out...

Lo and behold! I still remembered how to ride! Woo Hoo!! :clap: :clap:

(Good thing too as it's now pouring rain and we're supposed to get snow flurries in the next couple days. :P )

Archived