IGNORED

It's on! BRR V

Matts_12GS

Lone_RT_rider
What will we do without all those Hardley Riders hanging out at the Tiki bar?

Must ....not....comment......Must.... not.....comment....

Ni hao! :wave::rofl:

Oh great... now even Shannon is going.... guess I'd better take a look at my work calendar and see if I can make it.

:wave:

Jim

Isn't peer pressure a wonderful thing?? :grin:

By the way ... I'm going to have my MM flask filled up and ready to share ... how about you?? ;)

Hey Craig, bring your hiking shoes too! I got a new map of the area that has waterfalls and stuff, we may want to get out and do some walking....

Ooh Oooh!! Can I come hike too??

Oh hell yeah! You'll just have to wait for me and Craig to catch up!

I'll try and pick a pace you can manage... ;)

I'll try and pick a pace you can manage... ;)

At first glance I thought you were referring to the speed at which you empty the MM flask! :rofl:

:grin:

What will we do without all those Hardley Riders hanging out at the Tiki bar?

Must ....not....comment......Must.... not.....comment....

Ni hao! :wave::rofl:

Come on Sean got to admit it was entertaining to say the least :grin:. I will not be on the Boxer Cup this time around, but I will lay on the horn when I arrive so everyone knows who I am :/

I am IN, reservation made arriving on Thursday!!!

I will have a bit of MM to share.

Looking forward to seeing everyone again.

I will be leaving Southeastern PA (Allentown area) on Wednesday morning and taking 2 days to get there. If anyone wants to meet up somewhere for the ride I am open and have no plans yet.

PM me as things get closer.

If anyone coming from further north needs a place along the way I have an open guest room and room in the garage for your bike. Glenda and I will gladly put you up for the night.

Yep, I'll be on the 800GS; it's all I have right now, but I really like it. See you then, Matt!

Yay!! Can't wait to see you!

Well, just found out my middle boy is walking the graduation line at FSU on May 1. Looks like I'm going to have to miss this one....again....

Tallman offered to paste my picture to one of those cardboard fan things with a stick. Have a buddy put it over his face and wave!!

Great idea, but somehow I think my boy would figure it out :rofl:

Come on.... It's FSU, it's not like it's college or anything :rofl:

It was great to meet you and your wife yesterday in Cedar Key, we understand, but will miss you in NC!

696906961_fjc4v-M.jpg

I think any road that actually continues when it becomes water is then properly called either river, creek, ocean or lake. I would like to see this, tho.

Can't make this ride in that time frame. :frown: I am trying to get to the area when the munchkin is not in school, july-ish. Enjoy y'all.

Just a quick bump on this, it's only 88 more days till we start to arrive! Please make reservations for this and keep an eye open for both the "Friday Night Brats" and Saturday dinner threads that will come shortly.

Shawn has some really good ideas on dinner Saturday night...

Lone_RT_rider
Shawn has some really good ideas on dinner Saturday night...

I do? Ohhhhhh... right, I DO! :) I have a few things up my sleeve. And don't worry, none of it involves stinky tofu. :eek::rofl:

can we BBQ that tofu?

I'll ride anywhere for Q but tofu Q.....

I don't think it would make the menu at the Shack by the Track.

Bill

OK, Shannon. I agree tofu is not the worst thing in the world. It's pretty much a flavor-less product, taking on the flavor of what it is cooked in/with. Few would argue that it's a healthy product. I think most objections to tofu are usually a matter of texture, and that it's healthy.

However, all that said, have you every had stinky tofu (that which Shawn was referring)? I couldn't get it to within 3 feet of my nose after smelling it the first time, much less put it in my mouth. It has to be one of the foulest things "out there."

From Wikipedia:

Stinky tofu: A soft tofu that has been fermented in a unique vegetable and fish brine.[29] The blocks of tofu smell strongly of certain pungent cheeses, and are described by many as rotten and fecal. Despite its strong odor, the flavor and texture of stinky tofu is appreciated by aficionados, who describe it as delightful. The texture of this tofu is similar to the soft Asian tofu that it is made from. The rind that stinky tofu develops from frying is said to be especially crisp, and is usually served with soy sauce, sweet sauce, and/or hot sauce.

Lone_RT_rider
However, all that said, have you ever had stinky tofu (that which Shawn was referring)? I couldn't get it to within 3 feet of my nose after smelling it the first time

That's pretty much my thoughts and practice about dealing with the stuff too, and I will normally eat standard, everyday tofu if it's in a westernized dish. The issue becomes when every street food vender in a 6 block radius is cooking it. You can be out for a walk across town here in China and literally not be able to get away from the smell. It's nauseating, to say the least. :eek:

However, all that said, have you ever had stinky tofu (that which Shawn was referring)? I couldn't get it to within 3 feet of my nose after smelling it the first time

That's pretty much my thoughts and practice about dealing with the stuff too, and I will normally eat standard, everyday tofu if it's in a westernized dish. The issue becomes when every street food vender in a 6 block radius is cooking it. You can be out for a walk across town here in China and literally not be able to get away from the smell. It's nauseating, to say the least. :eek:

Ew! :eek: Cannot say I've experienced that kinda tofu :P

Ew! :eek: Cannot say I've experienced that kinda tofu :P

Nor do I want to!

I think I'm gonna go get a lobstah tonight!

Did somebody say Lobstah!?

5620_1099079359307_1296331934_30232615_1535857_n.jpg

Since we were talking Lobstah, I thought I would throw one in from my bike trip to Bar Harbor Maine last year. I have to admit, after 3 days of Lobstah, I was ready for a good Steak.

I have not figured out how to attach a decent quality immage without resizing it to where the quality is gone.

4846.jpg.defaa79c739ec473c0716b60b6b2c160.jpg

OK, enough of this orange crustacean hijack!

Nancy and I are in, hoping to arrive Thursday PM.

Nice, maybe we can continue our ride. :rofl:

Archived