IGNORED

START 2015 - April 23-26 - Dillard, GA

Kinsley

I will try to be there Wednesday, but will have to head back home on Friday.

Well, that's good news :clap:

I will try to be there Wednesday, but will have to head back home on Friday.

Well, that's good news :clap:

Which?

That he is coming or that he has to leave early? :grin:

Doesn't matter which days he is there. I can never catch Bernie! :dopeslap:

Lone_RT_rider

Have you seen how much coffee he drinks? Nobody can catch him! He's always trying to find the next bathroom! :)

Have you seen how much coffee he drinks? Nobody can catch him! He's always trying to find the next bathroom! :)

That funny. :grin:

I know there have been a lot more GS at these events in the last couple years, anyone interested in doing a little more dirt/gravel riding this time around?

Tutor and I are talking about some things to go see and wanted to open it up to the rest of the group.

Lone_RT_rider

Matt, sidebar:

I have already sent a message to Craig, but I will not be arriving until Thursday night. Just a heads up.

Shawn

I know there have been a lot more GS at these events in the last couple years, anyone interested in doing a little more dirt/gravel riding this time around?

Tutor and I are talking about some things to go see and wanted to open it up to the rest of the group.

Depends on which scooter I show up with.......if I'm on the GS, I'm sure I could be talked into getting it dirty (or dirtier than it already is :grin: )

markgoodrich

I'm slightly confused by all the comments lately. Does this deal kick off on WED? THURS? We were planning on arriving late Thursday afternoon.

I'm slightly confused by all the comments lately. Does this deal kick off on WED? THURS? We were planning on arriving late Thursday afternoon.

You can show up a week ahead if you like.....there is no official start date.

There was a group among us that would show up on Monday, so when everyone else got there they could tell us where to eat...they were our food scouting crew :clap:

Mark, the official start date is Thursday, some folks travel in on Wednesday to get an extra day in the twisties. I'm hoping to be there on Wednesday myself.

Shawn, thanks for the heads up.

Depends on which scooter I show up with.......if I'm on the GS, I'm sure I could be talked into getting it dirty (or dirtier than it already is :grin: )

Cool!! I forgot you were thinking of bringing the paint shaker along...

Someone caught on. Lol

I'd like to try a little more riding off the pavement.

Who specifically is we? And do you have reservations? Glad to see you back East again.

BTW: We decided to post these updates just so people would know who would arrive on what day ... to know who to look (or lookout) for, and who to possibly plan a meet up and ride with either along the way or the next day if arriving early. We may look highly organized but it's still the same BMW chaos of herds of cats on a rampage! ;)

markgoodrich

I have a reservation. I dunno about Chris and Randy. I do know we are planning to ride partway together. I have taken a vow: trailer the bike out of Texas.

We may look highly organized but it's still the same BMW chaos of herds of cats on a rampage! ;)

Ken, Craig, and a few others are well organized (or at least always appear to be :grin: ). Most of the rest of us freeloaders just show up and do resemble a "herd of cats".

I have a reservation. I dunno about Chris and Randy. I do know we are planning to ride partway together. I have taken a vow: trailer the bike out of Texas.
:thumbsup::clap:

Smart man.

:thumbsup::clap:

Smart man.

Agreed! :clap:

lawnchairboy

I will be meandering along the dirt cherohala at some point over those days more than likely, anyone who wants to tag along... come on.

In, arriving on Thursday.

Oh, wait, Matt said I was supposed to show up on Wednesday, that way it would rain on Thursday instead of Friday... :rofl:

In, arriving on Thursday.

Oh, wait, Matt said I was supposed to show up on Wednesday, that way it would rain on Thursday instead of Friday... :rofl:

:rofl:

Just remember, it's all Glenn's fault...

:rofl:

Just remember, it's all Glenn's fault...

Isn't it always! :clap:

Well, that's what it says in the Ride Organizer's checklist.

"IN CASE OF RAIN . . . . . . . . . . BLAME GLENN"

I may drop by on Friday, but my wife and I just decided to make a long-deferred visit to a friend in Charleston, SC, leaving Atlanta on Sunday, April 26.

I will be meandering along the dirt cherohala at some point over those days more than likely, anyone who wants to tag along... come on.

Is this just "non-pavement" or rougher than that?

Thinking about getting the Wee dirty? :/

Just a "Wee" bit!

Have installed engine guards and bash plate. The OE tires are not very aggressive. Blocks big enough to make it squirrely on wet grass but not so deep as to do much off road.

We will see.

It's not bad. We rode it last fall and I guess I was hoping/expecting it to be rougher. It's an easy yet very fun ride on any size GS. It shouldn't be a problem running it on regular street tires unless it just poured down rain for 3 days straight. Then it might get a little slick at spots. Most of it is broken pavement, well groomed gravel, and decently maintained dirt. Some spots had some knee high weeds growing between the tire tracks, but nothing exciting. I'd take a regular street bike on in honestly, but then again, I've been known to go some pretty stupid places on regular street bikes :grin:

As luck would have it, my new boss just committed me to an event in Memphis that runs through 8 p.m. Thursday. Still in for now, just arriving later than expected (dammit).

I've been thinking about some more "gravel/Jeep trail" riding for the trip and thought I'd share some of my thoughts if anyone wants to join in for a day or three. These are generally what I was thinking and may change around depending. I'm happy to have any and all join in the rides. I'm more of an off-road/gravel/dirt rider so these are all a mix of pavement, gravel and a little jeep trail dirt but nothing hard or complex. I've been up in this area many times with my KLR and KTM and know the area and roads well. These rides should be a piece-of-cake for a comfortable rider on a GS type bike.

Note that I don't have .gpx files, just these files on google maps. :) I'm sure some of you are smart enough to make .gpx files from them??? I have no idea. haha. Thurs and Sat are 2 maps for a day.

- Thurs (9 hrs approximately of riding, Kickstands up 8am) (2 parts to the ride):

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z-TcOb1NKIqA.kkiYFQAFvECI and

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z-TcOb1NKIqA.kAeohAfGweB4

-Fri (8 hrs approx.):

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z-TcOb1NKIqA.kreiHZRK8Rds

-Sat (9 hrs approx.):

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z-TcOb1NKIqA.kbYxMuYzdZPA and https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?mid=z-TcOb1NKIqA.kVBZw_tia_JE

If anyone is interested, let me know.

T

Todd

markgoodrich

I'll be there Thursday. Did I miss day ride garmin files, or are they yet to be posted? I'll be interested in a "sport" ride. Nothing over

135mph, please.

markgoodrich
Hi Mark,

I posted the link to the Day Rides earlier in this thread.

Got 'em, went past your post twice. THANKS! Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Out. I'll be on the way to Montreal to deliver the GS to Air Canada for shipment to Frankfurt. Till next time. :wave:

I believe I captured all the latest updates (with the exception of showing when people are leaving). Let me know if I missed something.

i-sXB8F4g-XL.png

Is this a hint that you don't want me (and my rain cloud) to be there Craig? :grin:

Wow Craig,

He really is smarter than he looks. He picked right up on that!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hi Glenn! :wave:

Grrrrrr................

I am doomed ...............

Sister is talking about meeting with atty abt mom's estate.

Gonna have to work real hard to avoid missing START.

In fact, I think the fact that I announce I'm going to be somewhere is enough to make sure I won't make it. Note to self, don't announce plans, just show up.

Grrrrrr................

I am doomed ...............

Sister is talking about meeting with atty abt mom's estate.

Gonna have to work real hard to avoid missing START.

In fact, I think the fact that I announce I'm going to be somewhere is enough to make sure I won't make it. Note to self, don't announce plans, just show up.

The "No Socks" rules of attendance.

Is this a hint that you don't want me (and my rain cloud) to be there Craig? :grin:

Wow Craig,

He really is smarter than he looks. He picked right up on that!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hi Glenn! :wave:

Shoot! He noticed! :(

Archived