IGNORED

START 2015 - April 23-26 - Dillard, GA

Kinsley

I am putting in on my Calendar. I may not be able to make it out to Torrey in May, so I might have to go east in April.

I'll ride with you. You might need a translator once you leave Texas.

I appreciate the offer, but I am pretty fluent in the Georgian dialect. I lived in Centerville when I was a kid. My Grand Parents lived on St. Simon's Island. I still have relatives down there.

Wow, great to have some more folks rejoining us after a long separation and considering traveling in from distance.

It's shaping up.

i-RFnsQHw-XL.png

Who is the Herbert guy? I am a Hebert, or A-bear now down in Cajun land! :)

Wow, great to have some more folks rejoining us after a long separation and considering traveling in from distance.

It's shaping up.

i-RFnsQHw-XL.png

A-bear in Me. and Vt as well. Morning Steve.

It's shaping up.

Ok, OK! Is this better, Steve? :rofl:

i-KDthKgb-XL.png

Unless something has changed, I think Will (Fathom) should be moved to show a Wednesday arrival. He posted a while back that he had made a reservation for Wednesday.

Well I've done it, I went from B.O.B. (barely on board) to S.O.B. (sometimes on board). I'm in for START - Wednesday through Sunday.

Well I've done it, I went from B.O.B. (barely on board) to S.O.B. (sometimes on board). I'm in for START - Wednesday through Sunday.

Yes. S.O.B. will be way more fun for us. It has a certain je ne se qua. :grin:

Hey...we speak German around here...I have no idea what you just said :dopeslap:

Hey, there aren't enough Chrises on that "In Without Reservations" list, so please add one more. Hopefully Jenn and Biscuit can join too! This is the dog friendly place, right?

Hey, there aren't enough Chrises on that "In Without Reservations" list, so please add one more. Hopefully Jenn and Biscuit can join too! This is the dog friendly place, right?

I believe they are dog friendly, but they are renovating most rooms, so you should call to confirm.

Hey...we speak German around here...I have no idea what you just said :dopeslap:

Maybe if he had actually written it in French (je ne sait quoi), you would have. :rofl:

Maybe if he had actually written it in French (je ne sait quoi), you would have. :rofl:

Ach, du lieber Strohsack!! Hope to see all you S.O.B.s in GA. :grin:

How's that?? :rofl:

And the Canadians show up without their senses of humor. Again.

And speaking of other languages ...

I'm not so sure the Canadians amongst [sic] us appreciate your candour [sic], as it might be cause for offence [sic] (being dependant [sic] upon which side of the border one originates). That, along with your misspelling of humour [sic] and general behaviour [sic] towards them, may wind up in you being viewed with disfavor [sic]. :wave:

Perhaps and per chance you're right. I'll even feel chastened, for the moment.

It's intended generally in a spirit of fun, albeit unnecessarily pointed at times. My apologies to those across the border. I'll wait till we're around the campfire before I start picking on your beer and hockey.

Jim however is fair game since he's in OH... :dopeslap:

The funniest part in all this is that I misspelled the French too! It should be, "je ne sais quoi".

I'm not so sure the Canadians amongst [sic] us appreciate your candour [sic], as it might be cause for offence [sic] (being dependant [sic] upon which side of the border one originates). That, along with your misspelling of humour [sic] and general behaviour [sic] towards them, may wind up in you being viewed with disfavor [sic]. :wave:

So exactly why did you guys stop spelling all those words the correct way? There must be a story there somewhere.

So exactly why did you guys stop spelling all those words the correct way? There must be a story there somewhere.

As you did previously, I just misspelled the last word, "disfavor" ... well, according to you Canadians, I did.

As for why we Americans started "misspelling" words, while Canadians did not, I think we first just need to call that out as the misrepresentation of the facts that it is. :P

Canadians did indeed adopt many of spellings as documented Webster's American Dictionary in 1828 (seriously, look it up). The "z" sound of a single "s" became "z" in most of the same cases: "analyze" vs. the English "analyse," "amortize" vs. the English "amortise," and apologize vs. apologise. There are numerous other examples where Canadian English aligns with American English ... especially in more modern words.

Given the history of the late 18th and early 19th centuries (when both Canada and America were creating their own identities), perhaps the key reason for changing many spellings was that both Canadians and Americans wanted to rid their versions of English of much of the old French influence in English. However, the Canadians just didn't want to have quite so much an independent version ... since they kept the suffixes "our" (colour vs. color), "re" (theatre vs. theater), and the use of double "l" vs. single "l" ("councellor" vs. "counselor").

So, I suppose in the end, perhaps we should simply conclude that the Canadians really just don't mind being so French, but note that they don't wish to be as French as the bloody English. And for all those in Canada who do want to be more French-like, well, they should simply move to Quebec with the rest of "those" Quebecois, where thatey can be so ridiculous as to want their own identity, but not actually achieve independence. :rofl:

It's intended generally in a spirit of fun, albeit unnecessarily pointed at times. My apologies to those across the border. I'll wait till we're around the campfire before I start picking on your beer and hockey.

No, no no ... I wasn't intending to chastise at all (or should that be chastize?). Lot's of teasing back and forth and I love it! It was just a vehicle for me to poke fun and the different spellings ... and that they might feel one down ... like the old Robin Williams line ...

We're all fair game!

No, no no ... I wasn't intending to chastise at all (or should that be chastize?). Lot's of teasing back and forth and I love it! It was just a vehicle for me to poke fun and the different spellings ... and that they might feel one down ... like the old Robin Williams line ...

We're all fair game!

Don't think anyone was offended at all. All good fun.

After two years of missing these great events, we are in once again. Anne and I are arriving Thursday and departing Sunday. Reservations made!!

Thanks to Craig and Ken for the long hours you put in to make each of your events most enjoyable for all of us crazy BMW enthusiasts. Many thanks to those that assist you as well.

Looking forward to the routes as always. It is always like Christmas morning when Ken's routes are posted.

After two years of missing these great events, we are in once again. Anne and I are arriving Thursday and departing Sunday. Reservations made!!

Thanks to Craig and Ken for the long hours you put in to make each of your events most enjoyable for all of us crazy BMW enthusiasts. Many thanks to those that assist you as well.

Looking forward to the routes as always. It is always like Christmas morning when Ken's routes are posted.

You're welcome, Tommy. Very happy to have you back!

Got your reservation on the list. You'll see it on the next status post.

Todd F and Frank A booked for arrival on Thursday from Charlotte NC area.

This will be my fourth get together with the group and Frank's first. Looking forward to Ken's routes and good conversation!

Todd F and Frank A booked for arrival on Thursday from Charlotte NC area.

This will be my fourth get together with the group and Frank's first. Looking forward to Ken's routes and good conversation!

Glad to have you back, Todd. As you know, the more the merrier.

OK, I am in and hope to arrive Thursday evening. I will be by myself as it is a concert weekend for Nancy.

Too bad Nancy can't make it, but we'll accept you instead ... maybe! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
I am going to check into the back roads around there. would like to bring my G450x and ride all back roads, no pavement. If anyone has some fire roads they can recommend please PM me, thanks

If there was a bullseye for great on and off-road riding in the east Dillard, Ga might be it. May have to get IN on this one. Some really scenic and fun dualsport in every direction.

When I get back from Co. I'll send a bunch of trails and forest road stuff to Ken and he can sort it and send to whoever wants it.

Dual sport as in 1200GS's or do I need to borrow Mark's trailer and bring my 690?

I just started reading through this thread. Chris, you ain't borrowing my trailer. It's gonna have a K1600 on it part of the way there, at least until Texas is in the rear view mirror.

Am I reading the list correctly, there might be three wimmens there? (Dang, I'm awreddy tawkin lahk I'm in Jawja). I need to talk to SWMBO about going.

I am going to check into the back roads around there. would like to bring my G450x and ride all back roads, no pavement. If anyone has some fire roads they can recommend please PM me, thanks

If there was a bullseye for great on and off-road riding in the east Dillard, Ga might be it. May have to get IN on this one. Some really scenic and fun dualsport in every direction.

When I get back from Co. I'll send a bunch of trails and forest road stuff to Ken and he can sort it and send to whoever wants it.

Dual sport as in 1200GS's or do I need to borrow Mark's trailer and bring my 690?

I just started reading through this thread. Chris, you ain't borrowing my trailer. It's gonna have a K1600 on it part of the way there, at least until Texas is in the rear view mirror.

Mark, do you have room for my KTM on your trailer?

Archived