IGNORED

START 2015 - April 23-26 - Dillard, GA

Kinsley

It is getting closer to a reality.

I made reservations for 23rd-26th.

Excellent!

My brothers Randy(R1150GSRider) and Larry(Whip)

Should will be accompanying me to this event!

Whip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well that's just great. I will finally get to collect the beer he owes me. :grin::grin::grin::grin: Been a long time.

Well that's just great. I will finally get to collect the beer he owes me. :grin::grin::grin::grin: Been a long time.

You know that you're going to have to stay this time. :wave: So, no more surprises on the homefront.

You know that you're going to have to stay this time. :wave: So, no more surprises on the homefront.

Sure thing. My grandson fully recovered and is being his normal 6 year old self! :thumbsup:

Sure thing. My grandson fully recovered and is being his normal 6 year old self! :thumbsup:

Very happy to hear it. :clap:

Very happy to hear it. :clap:

Thanks Craig. He is a tough little bugger, for sure.

Hey All,

Got the info for this from Matt S (here in Jax) and I'm coming up to hang with all you great peeps. I'm an "old" biker (cruisers, Dirt Bikes, Dual Sports, etc) but just bought my first BMW R1200GSA (2007, selling my wonderful KLR for her). Been up to this area many times on the Old Trusty KLR but looking forward to the new ride and new group. I'm coming in Wed and leaving Sunday. Looking forward to it!!

T

Tutor

Hey All,

Got the info for this from Matt S (here in Jax) and I'm coming up to hang with all you great peeps. I'm an "old" biker (cruisers, Dirt Bikes, Dual Sports, etc) but just bought my first BMW R1200GSA (2007, selling my wonderful KLR for her). Been up to this area many times on the Old Trusty KLR but looking forward to the new ride and new group. I'm coming in Wed and leaving Sunday. Looking forward to it!!

T

Tutor

Awesome to see you on the list Todd!!

I do have a golf tourney that saturday, but guess missing one will not make a big difference.

Much as I hate I-20 going either way, I may just tag along with Mark and try and find some backroads in Arkansas to ease the pain.

I do have a golf tourney that saturday, but guess missing one will not make a big difference.

Much as I hate I-20 going either way, I may just tag along with Mark and try and find some backroads in Arkansas to ease the pain.

:wave::thumbsup:
Hey Bud, you bringing the homemade icecream?

:wave:

Sorry, no room on the bike. But if you came north to go to the UN I would make you some. :thumbsup:

Can't wait...working on the routes now.

+1 :thumbsup:

Can't wait for this sub freezing weather to go away. Your routes Ken will help us get through February and March so we are all primed for April and START! :clap:

Another MRI Monday night.

Then the doc will let me know how much Kneeds to be done.

Looking less like knee replacement and more like some nip and tuck so I can START.

(fingers crossed emoticom)

:lurk:

Looking less like knee replacement and more like some nip and tuck so I can START.

Wishing you the very best!!!!! :thumbsup:

Great news Tim! I too have a long standing knee problem and had MRI/consult with orthopedic surgeon 2 months ago. Bottom line - they continue to tell me to put off knee replacement for as long as possible. They put me on daily dose of anti-inflammatory that has reduced discomfort considerably and said if that does not work they will try corticosteroid injections a few times before recommending a total knee replacement. Hope to get another few years of riding in before resorting to knee replacement.

Hope to see you at START!

Just yesterday Beth and I were recalling the sunrise leaving Blowing Rock UN and all the mornings we saw the sun come up over the mountains.

Always special as are the people.

Thanks.

Just yesterday Beth and I were recalling the sunrise leaving Blowing Rock UN and all the mornings we saw the sun come up over the mountains.

Always special as are the people.

Thanks.

Sunrise? WTF is sunrise?

Hoping all goes well for you. You guys are missed.

Can y'all handle one more Ken? Made reservations to arrive Wed, depart Sun.

Ken

Of course we can. Welcome aboard! Now, if you would have asked if we could handle one more Matt, we'd have probably had some questions for you before we'd answered. :rofl:

:wave: Hi Matt! :lurk:

Can y'all handle one more Ken? Made reservations to arrive Wed, depart Sun.

Ken

Of course we can. Welcome aboard! Now, if you would have asked if we could handle one more Matt, we'd have probably had some questions for you before we'd answered. :rofl:

:wave: Hi Matt! :lurk:

Now that is funny! :rofl:

Welcome Ken! Looks like we will have a good number arriving on Wednesday night. :thumbsup:

Welcome Ken! Looks like we will have a good number arriving on Wednesday night. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I might have to take another day off work :/

Looks like I'm a week late again this year. I had planned time off so I could meet all of you and ride the following week but a new training requirement has cropped up pushing my time out a week. Tentative plans now to ride up to the GA Mtn rally the following week and then head either head up the BRP and up into WV and hwy16, or west out to AR depending on weather. Probably a last minute call while I'm in GA. Have both trips planned and programmed in my GPS.

Do it! :thumbsup: Life is short!

Greiffster- that's a whole nother day to ride, drink Bourbon, and smoke a cigar (just not all at the same time).

How about 2/3? Cigar Throttle - Light, Load, Lock & Ride

Mike, that won't work with your RT without some customization.

From the website - "The Cigar Throttle prototype is machined from billet aluminum and acts as a sleeve to protect your cigar from the wind. It is secured to your tank with powerful neodymium magnets that have a protective, anti scratch rubber coating. "

As the tank on your RT as well as it's Tupperware, are not magnetic, this approach does not apply. Now, knowing that you are an engineer, it would not surprise me if you came up with a way to make it work anyway. :rofl:

I am thinking the same thing! Let me know if you do!!

Since I just found out I have to be back home for a HS play that my twin grand daughters are in, I will have to come a day early because I will have to leave on Saturday.

So it looks like I will arrive on Wed as well.

Greiffster- that's a whole nother day to ride, drink Bourbon, and smoke a cigar (just not all at the same time).

From the website - "The Cigar Throttle prototype is machined from billet aluminum and acts as a sleeve to protect your cigar from the wind. It is secured to your tank with powerful neodymium magnets that have a protective, anti scratch rubber coating. "

As the tank on your RT as well as it's Tupperware, are not magnetic, this approach does not apply. Now, knowing that you are an engineer, it would not surprise me if you came up with a way to make it work anyway. :rofl:

Well, it doesn't look like they have the funding for the prototypes. Besides, 3 goes with 2 better than 1 anyway. If you follow that logic?

Well, it doesn't look like they have the funding for the prototypes. Besides, 3 goes with 2 better than 1 anyway. If you follow that logic?

No problem following your logic. Also, you're only allowed twelve cigars a year anyway! :grin:

Finally made my reservations today.

A word of warning, two bed non-smoking rooms are becoming scarce. See y'all on Thursday night.

Happy to hear it. It wasn't the same without you last event.

Yeah, guess I forgot to update my status too. Reservation confirmed, and the days off are in the corporate HR system! Saved a pet-friendly room, in case Jenn and Biscuit can make it (no jokes about who needs the pet room).

Can't wait to see you guys,

CP

Yeah, guess I forgot to update my status too. Reservation confirmed, and the days off are in the corporate HR system! Saved a pet-friendly room, in case Jenn and Biscuit can make it (no jokes about who needs the pet room).

Can't wait to see you guys,

CP

Fantastic! Which day are you planning to arrive?

I'm out, canceled room.

Well, guess the snoring WAS an issue, lost my room, I'm out. Will put the money I saved on golf lessons.

I hope it wasn't something we said, or that you heard that we have bad breath or something like that! ;)

Too bad you guys can't make it ... would have been fun to have you there.

I'm out, canceled room.

Well, guess the snoring WAS an issue, lost my room, I'm out. Will put the money I saved on golf lessons.

I hope it wasn't something we said, or that you heard that we have bad breath or something!

I'm guessing it's a go left / go right thing for them. If not that, I hear they make travel size Listerine bottles. :rofl:

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

Quick question.

Anybody attending this event from New York?

If so, do you think it's reasonable to plan on riding to East 85th Street Manhattan in one day?

Archived