IGNORED

START 2015 - April 23-26 - Dillard, GA

Kinsley

Am I reading the list correctly, there might be three wimmens there? (Dang, I'm awreddy tawkin lahk I'm in Jawja). I need to talk to SWMBO about going.

Mark,

I'm trying to convince my girlfriend to come along on this one as well. Mebbe we can get together during the holidays and let our better halves conspire on joining us. Ashley has been to several of the the East Coast events. She even speaks Texan so she can translate for you two...

Forgot to mention my arrival guarantees heavy rain the entire weekend.

Not just on Friday, like we've had the past three that I've been to? :grin:

Forgot to mention my arrival guarantees heavy rain the entire weekend.

Not just on Friday, like we've had the past three that I've been to? :grin:

Maybe it's just you Glenn. Try showing up on Tuesday, see if rains Wednesday instead!!

Maybe it's just you Glenn. Try showing up on Tuesday, see if rains Wednesday instead!!

Matt, it's entirely possible that it's me! Maybe I'll have to change things up and give this theory a test. :lurk:

But if Mark's coming in from Texas, and hauling the rain in with him, what will we actually prove....

Matt got me thinking (trouble enough right there...) about whether I really do make rain the first day after I show up. Surely not!

So I checked the only ART event I didn't go to in the last two years (FART 2013), and sure enough, it was rain free!

There might be something to this theory of yours Matt!

Glenn,

Find all the rain gear you possible have stashed in the corners of your garage. Then, buy a brand new rain suit from Bob's. Roll all that stuff up, pack it in the top box, and bring it to Dillard. Guaranteed not to rain.

Glenn,

Find all the rain gear you possible have stashed in the corners of your garage. Then, buy a brand new rain suit from Bob's. Roll all that stuff up, pack it in the top box, and bring it to Dillard. Guaranteed not to rain.

That might work. On the other hand, maybe I'm related to Rob McKenna. :grin:

Reservation made. Dunno yet if Suzanne is coming.

Wow! That's great to hear, Mark. Very happy to have you join us! Would be WAY better though if Suzanne can make it. ;)

What day are you arriving?

Matt got me thinking (trouble enough right there...) about whether I really do make rain the first day after I show up. Surely not!

So I checked the only ART event I didn't go to in the last two years (FART 2013), and sure enough, it was rain free!

There might be something to this theory of yours Matt!

So, are you going to bring rain this year by showing up?

So, are you going to bring rain this year by showing up?

You know I don't plan that far out! :rofl:

I know, but I keep trying to inspire a change! It's probably one of those "same thing" ≠ "different results."

≠ ... The "not equal to" symbol didn't show up.

I know, but I keep trying to inspire a change! It's probably one of those "same thing" "different results."

Yes, but I'm not an amateur-crastinator, I'm a pro-crastinator. It's even in some of my employee evaluations! :rofl:

I can't guarantee that far out right now... but I've got it on the calendar.

Now I just need to get the new battery (that's now dead) to fire up ... and the crack in the exhaust welded between now and April.

Gah!

Count me in Wed-Sun. Between now and then I have to have and recover from an ankle surgery, but I don't think it'll stop me.

I'm not a big bourbon drinker, but I have a bottle of Bookers collecting dust. I'll bring it to share.

Count me in Wed-Sun. Between now and then I have to have and recover from an ankle surgery, but I don't think it'll stop me.

I'm not a big bourbon drinker, but I have a bottle of Bookers collecting dust. I'll bring it to share.

Have a speedy surgery and recovery and we'll see you there. :thumbsup: Booker's you say. Wheew, I can feel the burn. Not for the faint of heart. I'm still deciding, but Basil Hayden's on my short list.

Have a speedy surgery and recovery and we'll see you there. :thumbsup: Booker's you say. Wheew, I can feel the burn. Not for the faint of heart. I'm still deciding, but Basil Hayden's on my short list.

I see this could turn into a Bourbon/whiskey thread like FART did....

Just so we're clear, we also accept beer and wine connoisseurs as well :thumbsup:

You just have to be able to tell lies along with the best of us while in the parking lot, or at breakfast, lunch or dinner...for a few days :rofl:

Just so we're clear, we also accept beer and wine connoisseurs as well :thumbsup:

You just have to be able to tell lies along with the best of us while in the parking lot, or at breakfast, lunch or dinner...for a few days :rofl:

You're not going to exclude scotch are you?

Ken will be giving lessons in the parking lot on Wednesday night.

You're not going to exclude scotch are you? I just bought Macallan 12.

No, not at all. I personally like the Glenfiddich 15 yr myself

Ken will be giving lessons in the parking lot on Wednesday night.

Yes, but I get better as the week goes on :thumbsup:

No, not at all. I personally like the Glenfiddich 15 yr myself

Nice. You're probably smoking Cohibas now too. :grin:

So I guess I shouldn't bring a dram of Jameson's to Cedar Key?

:P

Well, of course you should, I don't care if you spell it Whiskey or Whisky, it goes well with the company we keep :wave:

Whiskey, isn't that the key just south of Cedar Key?

:wave:

I think it is just to the left of Tango Foxtrot. :grin:

I think they sell it at the FuBar.

Whiskey, isn't that the key just south of Cedar Key?

I think it is just to the left of Tango Foxtrot. :grin:

I think they sell it at the FuBar.

:grin:

Have a speedy surgery and recovery and we'll see you there. :thumbsup:

Well, bad news for me. My surgeon needs hip surgery so he can't cut on me until mid-March after his recovery. So, my bottle of Bookers and I will be absent from SMART. I'll be on the lookout for FART plans.

North GA is one of my fave riding areas. Very disappointed.

Well, bad news for me. My surgeon needs hip surgery so he can't cut on me until mid-March after his recovery. So, my bottle of Bookers and I will be absent from SMART. I'll be on the lookout for FART plans.

Bummer. Good luck with the surgery and wishing you a speedy recovery. :thumbsup:

Sorry to hear that. Take care and recover well ... and we'll look forward to you joining us again to FART.

:( Well that stinks. But, get that ankle fixed up and we'll see you in the fall. Or make a run to the UN.

And keep the Booker's cool and dry and we'll take care of that "problem" in the fall. :grin:

I'm afraid I've got some sad news as well (well, it's not all sad). Being somewhat space-time-continuum impaired, I failed to realize that START falls squarely on both my wife's birthday and our anniversary. There are not enough Pat points in the known Universe to make up for me being AWOL for both of these events!

On the glad news front, two things: first, as I was among the first to sign up for this event, some prime hotel real estate is about to open up. I have one of the screened-in-porch rooms facing the creek, and at noon eastern time tomorrow (1/16), I will be phoning them to cancel my rez. If you were thinking you might have to sleep under a tarp in the parking lot, think again -- the first one who needs it most & best should give them a call and snap it up. (See? it pays to hang on the board in the middle of January!). The second glad thing is that my wife is amazing, which is why I only feel mildly crushed to be bailing out. I say this because my ~*~*~*~*constellation prize~*~*~*~* for missing START is that we're going to COTA for MotoGP instead! I will be at BBBBQ this summer, where you can give me a proper ribbing, and gloat a bit over the absurdly fine time you'll no doubt have had in Georgia. So be safe & ride lots good people, and remember, if you need a place to stay at START HQ, tomorrow at noon-oh-one would be a good time to be flexin' your dialing fingers.

Fathom, just sent you a PM on your room, I'd like to pick it up. Just found out that my schedule looks good for making START this year. Yeah!! :clap:

There are not enough Pat points in the known Universe to make up for me being AWOL for both of these events!

Ah, see that's why I was coming up short this year! I didn't realize they were being used down in D.C. also. :rofl:

:wave: Will

Pat

Hey Pat,

Not to worry -- I only use them in case of dire emergencies, and then only very sparingly. I've found that a little of that special 1600 cognitive pivot grease goes a very long way.

And Steve,

I dunno, man -- it seems the eastern side of this board is sliding inexorably southward, such that in another 10 years, 95% of those east of the Mississippi will be toddling around the Keys, fighting over an ever-dwindling supply of bourbon and 75W-90 final drive oil. Nonetheless, you possess an admirable 703 area code (and moreover, you were the first to pounce), so I suppose we can work it out.

Cool & good?

Hey Pat,

Not to worry -- I only use them in case of dire emergencies, and then only very sparingly. I've found that a little of that special 1600 cognitive pivot grease goes a very long way.

And Steve,

I dunno, man -- it seems the eastern side of this board is sliding inexorably southward, such that in another 10 years, 95% of those east of the Mississippi will be toddling around the Keys, fighting over an ever-dwindling supply of bourbon and 75W-90 final drive oil. Nonetheless, you possess an admirable 703 area code (and moreover, you were the first to pounce), so I suppose we can work it out.

Cool & good?

Fathom, all good! Booked and IN! 703 is from my corporate days in Northern VA, chillin' a bit more in NE Florida with Bernie, Matt, and a bunch of other "consumers". :D

I'm afraid I've got some sad news as well (well, it's not all sad). Being somewhat space-time-continuum impaired, I failed to realize that START falls squarely on both my wife's birthday and our anniversary. There are not enough Pat points in the known Universe to make up for me being AWOL for both of these events!

Sorry to hear that but do something lavish ... ensure Kay really enjoys the weekend ... IOW make those Pat points in advance!

It is getting closer to a reality.

I made reservations for 23rd-26th.

Excellent!

My brothers Randy(R1150GSRider) and Larry(Whip)

Should will be accompanying me to this event!

It is getting closer to a reality.

I made reservations for 23rd-26th.

Excellent!

My brothers Randy(R1150GSRider) and Larry(Whip)

Should will be accompanying me to this event!

Well it just keeps getting better!

Archived