IGNORED

START 2015 - April 23-26 - Dillard, GA

Kinsley

i-p6SWbCL-XL.png

Craig and I want to invite you and your riding buddies to...

What: Spring Tune-up Appalachian Riding Tour (START 2015)

When: April 23rd-26th

Where:

Mountain Valley Inn

13 Royalty Lane, Dillard, GA 30537 

Reservations 1-706-746-5373 "BMW Motorcycle Group"

http://mountainvalleyinndillard.com

GPS N34 58.753 W83 23.016

Room Descriptions and Rates:

Standard Rooms are $39.95 + tax for 2 guests and $15 per extra guest

Suites with couch and balcony are $54.95 + tax for 2 guests and $15 per extra guest

Saturday Dinner and Routes to come

We hope you can make it!!!

i-qfLDPWX-X2.png

IN, of course.

Wonderful. I get to be with friends for my 79th on friday the 24th.

See you there...son. :dopeslap:

Will be my pleasure to celebrate that date with you.

Wonderful. I get to be with friends for my 79th on friday the 24th.

See you there...son. :dopeslap:

Yes, I try to look out for you...dad

Reservation made!

Thank you Ken and Craig for your efforts and arranging this - looks like a great place and great price for the rooms. :thumbsup:

Reservation made as well. Will be riding down with Bob (endobobdds), arriving Wednesday and departing Sunday. Thanks Craig and Ken.

just so everyone is clear, the Marty celebration of 79, is the number of different motorcycles he has, sold, bought, borrowed, rented, or ridden in 2015 :-)

You people keep drawing me ever deeper southward with your potent mix of camaraderie, secret stash loops, and tasty vittles -- I guess I should be grateful that the Appalachian range doesn't extend to Key West!!!!

I'll make every effort to go 3 for 3 this year -- lobbying of the missus commences tonight!

PS: Mark & Endobob, if I can put this together, would it be ok if I tagged along? Wednesday departure shouldn't be a problem. And Mark, the offer to share some of my local routes still stands -- let me know if you're around and so inclined, this weekend or next. I'm off Telegraph, about a mile and a half south of the Masonic Temple.

Will

I have it on the calendar. For as much as I have traveled, I'm pretty sure that is farther South than I've ever been on my bike. Looking forward to it

IN!! Reservations made for Thursday - Sunday! Is it time yet!

Alan

Alan - you are retired we should be seeing you on Wednesday night! :thumbsup:

IN!! Reservations made for Thursday - Sunday! Is it time yet!

Alan

Alan - you are retired we should be seeing you on Wednesday night! :thumbsup:

I probably have to work, and Alan has to chauffeur me across the plateau. :grin:

PS: Mark & Endobob, if I can put this together, would it be ok if I tagged along? Wednesday departure shouldn't be a problem. And Mark, the offer to share some of my local routes still stands -- let me know if you're around and so inclined, this weekend or next. I'm off Telegraph, about a mile and a half south of the Masonic Temple.

Will

Will, PM sent (though I'm not sure you actually got it. Like the previous time, it does not show up in my list of sent PMs. I don't know why; it's only ever happened with you. Are you sure that you've got PM's toggled "On" in your profile settings (I think it's something like, "accept PM's", with a choice of yes, or no).

Let me know if you have it.

I am going to check into the back roads around there. would like to bring my G450x and ride all back roads, no pavement. If anyone has some fire roads they can recommend please PM me, thanks

I am going to check into the back roads around there. would like to bring my G450x and ride all back roads, no pavement. If anyone has some fire roads they can recommend please PM me, thanks

If there was a bullseye for great on and off-road riding in the east Dillard, Ga might be it. May have to get IN on this one. Some really scenic and fun dualsport in every direction.

When I get back from Co. I'll send a bunch of trails and forest road stuff to Ken and he can sort it and send to whoever wants it.

If there was a bullseye for great on and off-road riding in the east Dillard, Ga might be it. May have to get IN on this one. Some really scenic and fun dualsport in every direction.

When I get back from Co. I'll send a bunch of trails and forest road stuff to Ken and he can sort it and send to whoever wants it.

Dual sport as in 1200GS's or do I need to borrow Mark's trailer and bring my 690?

well for my type of off road riding, R1200GS NOT. 690 most likely not. of course you maybe a much better rider than me, so do not take my word as gospel what I am looking for is more single track, but any fire road will do. As an example I ride a G450x with the most aggressive DOT legal knobbies available. I have no comparison to anything in Texas, but this video is a road I enjoy.

It is a good example of a nice road, but certainly I would like tighter and more wooded single tracks mixed in.

I am putting in on my Calendar. I may not be able to make it out to Torrey in May, so I might have to go east in April.

I'll ride with you. You might need a translator once you leave Texas.

Wow, great to have some more folks rejoining us after a long separation and considering traveling in from distance.

It's shaping up.

i-RFnsQHw-XL.png

OK ... I seem to be having trouble getting this going correctly. Sheesh! I've corrected the dates, removed most of the last names, and corrected a couple of arrival dates for folks. Please continue to feel free to let me know if I've screwed up anything else. Don't worry, I'll get it there!

One thing that nice is we've already got lots of folks signing up and it hasn't even been announced very long. I hope the winter goes by quickly.

i-Vqx3LHJ-XL.png

Ahhh, the rez is made for Wednesday arrival, and I have the whole winter to persuade the missus that START is... a cultural imperative... a lifestyle (not unlike that depicted on Here Comes Honey Boo Boo, but with German motorcycles)... and a fine excuse to get the heck out of Dodge. Or in our case, DC in springtime, when the tour buses swarm the District, and run as thick as black flies on the Upper Peninsula. Great fun coming up, yo.

Dual sport as in 1200GS's or do I need to borrow Mark's trailer and bring my 690?

Ride the 1200 over, mostly FR's and two-track with twisty connectors, a lot like what we did at the Co. Un. (Time for a reunion?) Possibly a few ruts, whoops, small downed trees, 150yd river crossing, and some banjo music but you can handle it. We want to see the new big girl in action. :thumbsup:

Ride the 1200 over, mostly FR's and two-track with twisty connectors, a lot like what we did at the Co. Un. (Time for a reunion?) Possibly a few ruts, whoops, small downed trees, 150yd river crossing, and some banjo music but you can handle it. We want to see the new big girl in action. :thumbsup:

Way overdue for a reunion!

Archived