IGNORED

START 2015 - April 23-26 - Dillard, GA

Kinsley

Mark,

I hope your wife's surgery goes smoothly and her recovery after that.

Sorry we won't see you, but you have more important things to do.

Glenn

Unfortunately, I have to cancel. My wife Katherine slipped on the wet Metro platform this morning and badly fractured her kneecap. She has surgery tomorrow.

Craig, give my dinner place to someone if you can.

I know I speak for us all in wishing Katherine the best possible results from surgery and the speediest recovery.

Please keep us all informed.

Lone_RT_rider
Thanks, Craig. I was really looking forward to this too. Oh well, there's always next time.

Mark,

First, I hope your wife heals quickly and as painlessly as possible. Also, I always enjoy our conversations. I look forward to the next time.

Shawn

**   Chris   **

I hate to be this way, but due to circumstance beyond our control, Randy and I are not going to be able to make it to Georgia this week. I was really looking forward to meeting everyone and riding further east than I've ever been before on two wheels.

I really hope to make it next year.

Chris

I hate to be this way, but due to circumstance beyond our control, Randy and I are not going to be able to make it to Georgia this week. I was really looking forward to meeting everyone and riding further east than I've ever been before on two wheels.

I really hope to make it next year.

Chris

Chris,

Matt texted me. I'm sorry you and Randy can't make it and hope that everything turns out ok.

As for coming back east, we'll be announcing our plans to FART on Saturday. A FART ride event thread will follow soon after.

Ditto to above comments.

Hope she is able to heal completely and quickly.

Enjoyed meeting you in Robbinsville.

I can't stand reading all these getting ready to take off posts and not being a part of it. Have a great time everyone, See you some of you at RideSmart and the rest in the Fall.

Ok ... its a rule ... no more injuries and illnesses to members or members family members! Been way too much of that.

Things didn't go as planned, and I'm out. If anyone needs a Saturday night meal, they are welcome to mine.

Sorry to hear that, Burt. Next Fall?

I am ready to pull out tomorrow morning early. Meeting Bob (Endobobdds) at 6:30 AM and getting on the road.

See you all in Dillard.

20150421_202000.jpg

Lone_RT_rider
I am out. going to spend the weekend working with my peer's from Germany. They want to work the weekend.

Est ist Sheise! Nicht ser gut!

We'll be pulling out in a few minutes, stopping overnight on the way (because of class tonight). See most of you tomorrow afternoon.

Lone_RT_rider
Craig, thanks for all the work you have done in putting this together. See you tomorrow night around dinner time.

Amen brother Chris. It's a thankless job and can play heck on you when the cancelations start floating in for people you really were looking forward to seeing. :( I remember this well.

Just remember fellow participants, nothing perfect is ever truly done. Nothing worth doing is ever perfect. Enjoy the chance to see others we rarely get a chance to see and also the chance to experience some of the best riding in the Continental US. :)

We're dropping like flies! :-(

Yep, and minus one more.

You kids be safe up there. I'll see y'all someplace soon.

Craig,

A thank you for the efforts you, Ken, et al have done in advance to make this happen.

A tragic event happened involving students and we would have had to cancel even if I could ride that far/

Y'all enjoy, have fun, wear out some tires for us.

Shawn, the disappointment cuts both ways. Miss you guys.

High Cotton

Old man Murphy is still alive and doing his dirty deeds. Anne and I were enjoying great weather, no traffic and superb twistes this morning on GA 60, 180 and were turning onto Richard B Russell Senic Hwy for Hehen and my 650GS just died. Fortunately we hade a very wide pull of area there. The dreaded EWS fault code was blinking and saying "you ain't going nowhere dude". A few calls to some local BMW techs confirmed the worst. Even though I have a new antenna ring only 60 miles away at the cabin, the 650 twins have tamper proof mounting screws that have to be drilled out after removing the handlebar and ........"you ain't going nowhere dude!!!!!!!!".

So, thanks to great BMW friends, we were met with their trailer and we are back home now. Cancelled our room and unfortunately will miss seeing everyone and will miss the great dinner Saturday night. And we were really looking forward to 12 Bones Smokehouse tomorrow.

Since we can't START, we will definitely FART.

Hi Tommy,

I was riding solo today and saw two bikes pulled off at the intersection of 180 and RBR around 2:00 pm...maybe that was you guys? it looked like someone taking a break, but maybe that was you waiting for a tow truck?

I'm sorry we're going to miss seeing you. We look forward to seeing you FART in September

High Cotton

Hey Ken, that was us all right. I didn't try to flag anybody down because I knew we were dead in the water. Roland and Judy were already on the way to pick us up. It was fun watching the BMW's going by. I knew that most of them were running your route from Ellijay to Dillard. See you at FART my friend!!

Great start to START.

startdinner.jpg

Be safe.

Terry

Looks like a line up of All The Usual Suspects.

Looks like Bob was more interested in eating than getting his picture taken.

I saw a rider on a big, well-lit GS on i59 heading north at the LA/MS line around 12:30. Is that one of you guys? Wish I was tagging along.

Back home after 11 hours and 520 miles and no pictures, because as they say, what happens in Ga, stays in TN. Lol

My START was short, but very good. I really needed some good twisty back road riding.

Thank you Kinsley, Craig and Bob. :wave:

Great start to START.

startdinner.jpg

Be safe.

Terry

Looks like a line up of All The Usual Suspects.

Looks like Bob was more interested in eating than getting his picture taken.

Bud - at my age I am finding I need to focus on one thing at a time! :grin:

Bernie - Glad it was a smooth ride home yesterday. Nice pictures!

Thanks again for leading a great couple days of riding through GA backcountry!

Hope to see you at the UnRally and/or FART '15.

Ken & Craig...thanks a bunch! Had a great time riding and making new friends. The weather was gorgeous for the ride home...couldn't ask for a better finish.

Ken #4 (I suppose)

It was great meeting everyone in Dillard and had some super rides. I look forward to doing it again in the fall. Thanks for lettng me join the fun.

It was great meeting everyone in Dillard and had some super rides. I look forward to doing it again in the fall. Thanks for lettng me join the fun.

Great meeting and riding with you Frank. BTW: Look for check-in comments and pictures over HERE under Ride Tales.

Archived