IGNORED

START 2015 - April 23-26 - Dillard, GA

Kinsley

Well, we're hovering around 50, plus or minus a couple, at the moment. A very nice showing. We'll get to see lots of folks again.

We have half that number signed up for dinner. It would be really nice to sit down with more of you folks. It's a generous buffet menu with plenty of choices. So, if you haven't signed up and sent money (as described HERE), please do so at your earliest convenience. The deadline for dinner sign up is fast approaching.

OoPEZoO,

Trailering a BMW??? yikes...that's worse than me having highway pegs on a GS isn't it?? :-?

I'm leaving Sat and riding around the mtns lost (to find myself...go figure!! haha) for a few days before the START so I'm not trailering. Sorry dude.

Well I trailer my BMW G450x almost every weekend, so I think your highway pegs are just fine. But alas, I am not coming from FL, so I am no help either :-)

OoPEZoO,

Trailering a BMW??? yikes...that's worse than me having highway pegs on a GS isn't it?? :-?

I'm leaving Sat and riding around the mtns lost (to find myself...go figure!! haha) for a few days before the START so I'm not trailering. Sorry dude.

Uh.....no. Trailering a Buell S1. The seat is barely suited for 70 miles, let alone for the 700 mile trip home. I'm leaving the GS at home for this one.

I'm potentially hauling along an RT motor than needs to find its way to Jacksonville. Just trying to find it a ride.

Uh.....no. Trailering a Buell S1. The seat is barely suited for 70 miles, let alone for the 700 mile trip home.

Todd ... Well, I'm trailering MY GSA. Why? Because Terri's rump can't stand even 450 miles on slab. It's so much more fun when she's not starting the first day of riding in the twisties stiff and sore. We all have deals we make to keep riding enjoyable for ourselves ... and/or others.

The 'Spin is in! I'll be arriving Thursday afternoon. I can't wait to see everyone again!

I was wavering since my boss is sending me to Memphis, but if Steve's making the trip, I guess I can too ;) Ditto: can't wait to see the gang!

Well, Saturday I got new tires mounted and today I got new front wheel bearings and seals, so I must really be ready now.

I departed DC yesterday morning and stayed in Atlanta, GA last night. Just arrived at my first stop in Destin, FL. I was in mild to moderate rain the first morning and moderate to heavy all afternoon. Today rain from Atlanta to GA/FL boarder - sun so far in FL! :thumbsup:

Depart Destin on Sunday for Orlando for 2 days with my Dad. Then the real purpose and fun part of the ride begins when I meet up with Bernie In Jacksonville, FL next Wednesday morning for his planned route from Jacksonville to Dillard to meet up with all of you for 3 days of fellowship, lies, and great riding! :thumbsup:

Hope

The Monsoon season should end on Monday :clap:

The waterfalls are going to be spectacular with all this rain we have been having. All you photo bugs bring your cameras.

I can wait to see everyone.

Alan

steve.foote
The 'Spin is in! I'll be arriving Thursday afternoon. I can't wait to see everyone again!

I was wavering since my boss is sending me to Memphis, but if Steve's making the trip, I guess I can too ;) Ditto: can't wait to see the gang!

I was hoping you would be there, Chris!

Hey Bob,

What route you taking to Orlando Sunday?

Probably the fastest unless the weather is good and you or other's from Florida have any suggestions of interesting roads on the way from Destin to Orlando.

Sorry to hear you will not be at START - we will miss you!

Hey Bob,

What route you taking to Orlando Sunday?

Probably the fastest unless the weather is good and you or other's from Florida have any suggestions of interesting roads on the way from Destin to Orlando.

Sorry to hear you will not be at START - we will miss you!

I like riding 27 south out of Tallahasse through Perry, Chieftan, Williston to Ocala. Not as fast as the interstate, but you can make good time. All divided 4 lane highways and a lot less traffic. And more scenery, especially near the horse farms at the south end, near Ocala.

I will be stopping at Tellico Grains Bakery for lunch on Thursday. I should be there around Noon. Anyone wants to meet me for lunch would be great.

Alan

Out..... :P

Business and family issues gonna keep me away this time. Sad to say, but I won't be able to make it. I just cancelled my room, so hopefully that will help out another member.

Best wishes for a great, sunny and dry START to all. Will miss the great rides and even better company.

FART, I hope. :thumbsup:

REGARDING DINNER PLANS:

NOTICE TO ALL!!! I SCREWED UP!!! (No, it's not the first time, nor will it be my last.) HOWEVER, APRIL 19TH is SUNDAY, NOT MONDAY!!! SO I NEED PAYMENT BEFORE THEN. WHEN?

WELL, I ACTUALLY NEED TO PUSH THE DEADLINE TO TOMORROW. SORRY FOLKS, BUT IT CAN"T BE HELPED. PLEASE LET ME KNOW YOU"RE INTENTIONS ASAP. THANKS.

I will be stopping at Tellico Grains Bakery for lunch on Thursday. I should be there around Noon. Anyone wants to meet me for lunch would be great.

Alan

Alan, I will try not to be late for lunch.

Craig and Ken,

We're out.

Knee still not up to 1200 miles and now the flu.

Sux as we were so very, very looking forward to this.

Y'all have fun.

Tim & Beth

We're out.

Y'all have fun.

Tim & Beth

That does "Sux" - we will miss you both!

Craig and Ken,

We're out.

Y'all have fun.

Tim & Beth

I was really looking forward to seeing both of you.

I hope your knee comes around soon and maybe you can FART with us :wave:

Craig and Ken,

We're out.

Y'all have fun.

Tim & Beth

Sorry to hear, you guys will be missed. Hope your recovery speeds up soon.

Craig and Ken,

We're out.

Y'all have fun.

Tim & Beth

Hope you get better soon.

Thanks all.

Beth is particularly upset.

She's stuck w/me instead of seeing you folks.

:wave:

Tell Beth we're sorry she isn't coming too! ;)

markgoodrich

I'm out. Drove to Dallas and back yesterday in the car, was in pain the whole way, been struggling with hamstring tendonitis and piriformis muscle (butt muscle) problems for couple months, went to the doc a couple weeks ago, his PT regimen hasn't helped.

I'm out. Drove to Dallas and back yesterday in the car, was in pain the whole way, been struggling with hamstring tendonitis and piriformis muscle (butt muscle) problems for couple months, went to the doc a couple weeks ago, his PT regimen hasn't helped.

Nooooooo! I'm sorry to hear that. :(

Mark,

So sorry to hear about your problems. I hope you find some relief soon.

You will be missed.

markgoodrich

Truly a PITA. Suzanne and I went out for about 2 1/5 hours today on the bike and confirmed it would be foolish to try to get to Dillard. Y'all take care of Chris and Randy for me. Randy will be okay on his own, but his brother needs a LOT of watching.

RandyShields

Our loss. It's good to catch up with you, but it is really Beth that we look forward to seeing on these trips. But we're sure you already knew that. :)

Randy

Never mind the lighting strike yesterday that blew up a directv box, router, modem, receiver and my Epson projector. I still managed to get mostly ready for an early Wednesday departure. I've got a bit longer route that stops here on the way to Dillard. :thumbsup: See everyone in GA.

Leaving work at noon on Wednesday, heading to Raleigh NC where I will stay overnight with friends. Dillard on Thursday. Bike is as ready as it's going to be, with new shoes, sidestand, and a GPS that works.

I'm heading out tomorrow morning, and staying in Corbin, KY tomorrow night. That will only give me a little over 200 miles on Wednesday. Looking forward to it.

Unfortunately, I have to cancel. My wife Katherine slipped on the wet Metro platform this morning and badly fractured her kneecap. She has surgery tomorrow.

Craig, give my dinner place to someone if you can.

Archived