IGNORED

The Official 2014 College Football Thread

tallman

You are right, it is impossible to find anything good to say about the gators. Must be why so many of them spend all day talking about the Noles.

:P

Watching replay of the game now, forgot how many unsportsmanlike penalties the gators had...

reflection of the coach (oops, former coach) or the culture?

Go Noles!

Best the ramblinwrek from Tech.

If it doesn't conflict with the Gator game, watch it Saturday at 8, Matt.

:wave:

You've come a long way from feeling that this thread was ruined because someone said Saban was the devil.

:rofl::rofl:

He Tim, it was poor coaching and leadership.

I'd be impressed a halfassu fan could recognize that, but you have so many good examples of it locally.

no doubt some dedicated fans are ready for a change

2013 Florida State BCS

2012 Alabama BCS

2011 Alabama BCS

2010 Auburn BCS

2009 Alabama BCS

2008 Florida BCS

2007 Louisiana State BCS

2006 Florida BCS.

if saban's bunch wins-out again, ESPN will need the barf-bags!

They'll vomit all over themselves.

However, there's the other side of the coin, EDUCATION.

How many of the high powered athletes across the usa are pampered in the classroom? Or even go to class at all? A LOT!

MAY THE VOMIT FLOW! he he

twin,

College is a scam.

Do the research.

Very few graduate in 4 years.

Most take 6 years (and 3 yrs to get AA).

Lots of reasons, poor choices wrt majors/poor guidance from college/working/etc/etc

BUT

the additional time adds huge $$$ to student debt.

Only about 60% actually finish in 6 yrs.

The % that do in 4 is between 17-33% depending on setting.

If high schools were this bad at graduating students it would be front page.

Student athletes, on average, graduate at a higher rate than

traditional students.

So, while there may be problems w/student athletes, there are more w/the other students.

So Florida is going after Colostatarado's coach?

Interesting.

Nebraska/Michigan/Florida, some big time openings.

And really?

Putting us #4

:rofl:

Good, we'll get to beat 'Bama sooner.

Shows the idiocy mindset of the selection goofs.

There is only one determinant.

Did you WIN!

Wouldn't be so bad if 'Bama hadn't lost to a multiple loss team, gone to OT w/a multiple loss team, barely won at a multiple loss team etc. Seems like they are blind to those games.

I remember the same stuff last year.

Won't hang w/a SEC team, blah blah blah.

How'e that work out?

:grin:

First things first, beat Georgia Tech (and their ACC Coach of the Year).

Wonder what Jimbo (23-1 conference record) has to do...

to be COY?

agree with most of that t man.

i usually try to throw in the sarcasm and jokes on college football AND remain aware of the "any given Saturday" scenarios. Otherwise, i could be dining on crow! Also keeping in mind the disaster known as the Shula years.

Prepare for the ESPN barf-o-rama! ROLL TIDE!!

BUT

the additional time adds huge $$$ to student debt.

Only about 60% actually finish in 6 yrs.

The % that do in 4 is between 17-33% depending on setting.

If high schools were this bad at graduating students it would be front page.

Tim, that's incredible, and really hard to conceive. Have there been institutional changes w/in the university system to try and up those rates at all? I can't afford to keep boy child in college 6 years... :dopeslap:

Wonder what Jimbo (23-1 conference record) has to do...

to be COY?

Easy... do the right thing and quit enabling the knucklehead. Bench him for the rest of FSwho's season and play your backup. He did well when he was needed. Showing some character might make the difference in Jumbo's future.

Yes.

But we'rfe talking things like 17% up to 33% in sub groups, etc.

The reality is that for many folks, college is a way to get way in debt, miss out on income from 1-3 years of employment and the benefits.

The student debt balloon is a scary thing.

Colleges need to do a better job of making the program path clear, courses available, and up the load to 15 or more hours/sememster as a start.

Student athletes at many schools have advantages wrt tutors and class scheduling but the demands of practice/games/travel etc

can be overwhelming.

There were more than a few football players at the Strozier Library, after midnight, studying, when the shooting happened.

Meanwhile, conspiracy buffs are voicing concerns about fan travel for semifinal and final games as a reason to rank teamsw wrt geography.

NO matter.

Any team, anywhere, any time.

Go Noles!

Meanwhile, conspiracy buffs are voicing concerns about fan travel for semifinal and final games as a reason to rank teamsw wrt geography.

NO matter.

Any team, anywhere, any time.

Go Noles!

Undefeated, Unconquered, UNIMPRESSIVE...

That's the refrain in Jax sports talk about 'holes...

I'll remember that when the Gators have won 28 in a row and

buy a round for the board...

Oh

wait

I'll remember that when the Gators have won 28 in a row and

buy a round for the board...

Oh

wait

Well, if we played in a pansy conference like the ACC, I suppose it could happen sooner.

but, new coach, new beginning.

The expression in G'ville is "There's always next year..."

Go Tech!!!!

Any Beaver fans here?! Ahhh, check that, Oregon State fans?! We just hired your coach. I heard he hasn't done that well record wise, but he seems like an upstanding person. Sounds like a Tom Osborne clone. I like him. Kinda the anti-Bo. No sense in comparing OSU to Nebraska. Big difference... Kinda like comparing FSU to (.........fill in the blank).

Riley rebuilt the Beavers back to respectability after 27 consecutive loosing seasons. With Nebraska's resources he should make you proud. He's a players' coach who gets the most out of the talent he has. Unfortunately for Oregon State all the high end talent in the West goes to the Ducks, UCLA, USC, and Washington.

So a great day yesterday,

our high school won state semifinal and is palying for 2nd title in past 3 seasons.

And, Noles beat 'Bama to advance to Round of 16 (again)

on road for National Championship in volleyball.

And, Noles are now going to play for the National Title in football!

(Again)

:clap:

We beat Stanford and will play Virginia for the title (already beat them 1-0 twice).

:clap::clap:

Football game for the ACC championship tonight!

BTW, regarding Power Conferences

PAC 12 8-3

ACC 10-7

SEC 5-6

in non conference Power 5 games.

Both PAC and ACC played more APower Conference games

AND won more.

The perceived weak ACC won TWICE as many out of conference

Power 5 games.

Looks like on the field performance and results contradict the

perception that SEC is the "best".

A little too much "eye test" and not enough facts in the s

Selection Commitatravestee gang of 12.

Go Noles!

Beat Tech...

Big ten would be more impressive if they could count how many schools are actually in the conference.

Georgia Tech is #1 in 3rd down conversion, #4 in TOP, averaging 18 yards per completion, and a bunch of other stats that show they are a complete team and formidable opponent.

Ohio State lost to a bad ACC team.

They may beat Wisconsin and would be worthy of consideration if they do.

Enjoy the game, On Wisconsin...

Alabama looked awesome. Oregon played well but I can't shake the feeling that they will get pushed around going forward.

Go 'Noles, C'mon Badgers!

I checked into the SEC championship game after dinner. I didn't see the hators Gators playing. I wonder why that is. :rofl:

Time to watch the Noles game. :clap:

Noles win, again...

Recap of 2014 out of conference games for some SEC teams.

1. Vanderbilt

•08/28 – Temple Owls

•09/13 – UMass Minutemen

•10/11 – Charleston Southern Buccaneers

•11/01 – Old Dominion Monarchs

2. Mississippi State

•08/30 – Southern Mississippi

•09/06 – UAB

•09/13 – at South Alabama

•11/08 – UT Martin

3. Florida

•08/30 – Idaho

•09/06 – Eastern Michigan

•11/22 – Eastern Kentucky

•11/29 – at Florida St.

4. Alabama

•08/30 – West Virginia (at Atlanta, GA)

•09/06 – Florida Atlantic

•09/13 – Southern Mississippi

•11/22 – Western Carolina

5. Texas A&M

•09/06 – Lamar

•09/13 – Rice

•09/20 – at SMU

•11/01 – UL Monroe

Coming into the year, using the NCAA strength of schedule method (previous year w/l record of opponents)

FSU ranked #47

Oregon #49

Alabama #95

Ohio State #35

So it was hard to comprehend preseason issues w/SOS.

It was only the erroneous high ranking of various SEC teams that gave any SOS conversation teeth this year and by the end of the season many of those ranked teams had 3-4-5-6 losses.

FSU played more Power 5 and ranked indy teams than all 5 of these SEC teams combined.

Don't want to hear the selection bozos talk about schedules.

Congrats to all the other conference champions.

Go Noles!

Noles win, again...

FSU played more Power 5 and ranked indy teams than all 5 of these SEC teams combined.

Don't want to hear the selection bozos talk about schedules.

Yeah but it was an unconvincing perfect season...sure is quiet around here, where'd all the background noise go? :grin:

Yeah but it was an unconvincing perfect season...sure is quiet around here, where'd all the background noise go? :grin:

I'm a little surprised at the lack of posts since the final four were announced. I'm guessing we don't have a lot of Baylor or TCU fans here, because they are the most likely to be, well, let's just say frustrated. :)

bama & buckeyes will be civil war #2, actually it was the war of northern aggression but lets not split hairs today.

exciting games coming up here in the "NFL minor leagues"

and what a cash cow, college football, i think saban its making $7.8m

Winston is a great qb no doubt about that! I hope he gets over or grows out of his unacceptable behavior tendencies. He was coddled at Hueytown High which has sadly detiriorated like many other suburbs of Birmingham. Some areas aren't safe at all.

my point, it seems the panel might be influenced by said behavior thus #3, not 1.

you've wasted about a minute of your life reading this post so what's a few more seconds?

i heard ESPN has pre-ordered a couple dozen "air-sick" containers from BubbasBarfBags in preparation for another bama win

and remember, everyone circles their own wagon!

ROLL-TIDE

Sorry, was out riding my motorcycle today... Y'all should do that sometime.

FSWho won the only thing that mattered, but I really don't think their luck can hold out. I don't think they are the best team in CFB, hell, even in ACC. But they luckiest.

I'll be glad to see them falter, and if they pull it off, I'll still give tally the finger every time I drive through it.

Fubar, the Gators were watching the SEC championship with their new coach, I think Michigan was home afraid OSU might come back and hit them some more...

I think Bama/Oregon will be a great championship game.

rtr...

"Sorry, was out riding my motorcycle today... Y'all should do that sometime"

ha ha,lol... funny, i was too

A lot of folks used to do that around here.

Then I think they got Facebook so they sit and gripe about politics and college football inequity.

Whatever works I reckon.

You are right.

There certainly are some around here who grypealot.

They say luck is the result of hard work meeting opportunity.

And, CONGRATULATIONS to FSU Lady Noles who won the National Championship in Soccer on Sunday.

:clap::clap:

A precursor of things to come.

13-0 and an indomitable will to win.

We take your best shot and keep on winning.

Go Noles!

Well, all the fans in Ohio must be out getting their last rides in, because they certainly have a bunch to pound their chest about. Joey Bosa (OSU defensive end) is from my wife's and daughter's high school, and he has become a one man wrecking machine for the Buckeyes and will likely win every major national defensive award as a sophomore. He had 10 starts last year as a true freshman, and his little brother Nick (still in HS) is viewed as more talented, and also likely committed to OSU.

Go 'Noles, but stay the hell away from those Buckeyes.

On the West Coast we take College Football about as seriously as those of you on in the Southwest take high school football. Having said that, I let my schools play speak for itself because, frankly, I haven't the knowledge or interest to enter a war of words.

I like the Oregon-FSU matchup. If FSU plans on a late in the game comeback against Oregon they could find themselves a lot farther behind than they have been accustomed to. A lot more tired too.

GO DUCKS!!!

......I like the Oregon-FSU matchup. If FSU plans on a late in the game comeback against Oregon they could find themselves a lot farther behind than they have been accustomed to. A lot more tired too. GO DUCKS!!!

Really? Tell me more.....I gotta couple of loud mouthed FSU fans in my office who won't shut up. One is my secretary/admin who I don't dare piss off, the other is a young engineer who thinks the sun rises and sets on FSU. I've made bets with him twice this season winning one (FSU didn't cover) and losing one - the GT game. I'd like to do a total smack-down on him for this game so please do chime in on how the Quack Attack can get 'er done. :lurk:

I wasn't going to get myself into this, but,

LSU 13-0 overall, Ducks 12-1 overall and avenged the one loss with a 51-13 rematch over Arizona in the pac 12 championship. Ducks have won 8 consecutive games by an average score of 40-22. (with the backup quarterback on the field quite a bit of the 4th quarter of those games)

Quarterbacks:

Winston 3,559 yards passing, 24 TD's, 17 interceptions

Mariota 3,785 yards passing, 38 TD's, 2 interceptions

I like the matchup.

With 29 consecutive wins FSU is ready for a loss! You can only come close so many time.

LSU lost a bunch of games this year 4 or 5 but who's counting.

FSU is 13-0, 29 in a row.

If it was easy, even 'Bama could do it.

:P

Oregon will be a challenge.

They have played well for most of the year.

At least they will have a shorter trip home after they lose...

:lurk:

has Oregon ever won a national title in football?

Couldn't find evidence they did.

A great year for all the teams in the playoffs.

We are not talking national title yet. We are talking Oregon vs FSU. And you are right, Oregon will be a challenge for FSU, and visa versa.

We are not talking national title yet. We are talking Oregon vs FSU. And you are right, Oregon will be a challenge for FSU, and visa versa

+1

These final 4 teams are certainly capable of beating each other on any given Saturday.

Going to be some great games...especially when bama shoves that feather! (hey that's not bad, off the cuff) getcha some o that tm. he he lol, I'm killin me :rofl:

Sorry, was out riding my motorcycle today...
I don't know, it got cold, it's only 65F today..... :grin:

Fubar, the Gators were watching the SEC championship with their new coach, I think Michigan was home afraid OSU might come back and hit them some more...

Naw, they're too busy trying to find a way to let Hoke go that doesn't look like a swift boot to the ass.

I'm rooting for OSU & FSU in round one, FSU in the final. If the Noles falter ( :eek: ) , Oregon or OSU are good by me to win the championship, in that order.

Sorry, was out riding my motorcycle today...
I don't know, it got cold, it's only 65F today..... :grin:

yeah, you DAMN yankees...

Don't forget the butter.

Matt, you weren't this concerned when Can't Newton was

amassing 10-15 tickets in his 2 years in Gainesville and then his arrests.

Of course it could just be that you realize now the error of that POV.

Go Noles!

Matt, you weren't this concerned when Can't Newton was

amassing 10-15 tickets in his 2 years in Gainesville and then his arrests.

I guess you weren't telling us about those because of all the #TebowHate going on..

but, I found this w/a quick google search..

snip/"Published: Friday, November 21, 2008 at 4:54 p.m.

Last Modified: Friday, November 21, 2008 at 4:54 p.m.

Florida backup quarterback Cameron Newton was arrested and charged Friday with felony counts of burglary, larceny and obstruction of justice.

Newton was suspended from the team, Florida football spokesman Steve McClain said Friday."/snip

Maybe that's why I wasn't as concerned that he was acting like a dumbass?

Difference is, he did it, was guilty, and arrested.

There is a dif between accused, investigated, not charged.

But you know that.

What's a Tebow?

Difference is, he did it, was guilty, and arrested.

There is a dif between accused, investigated, not charged.

But you know that.

What's a Tebow?

Yeah, I forgot, he had to sit a game after public outcry.

Real punishment... Maybe had they delayed his hearings it wouldn't have mattered?

Congrats to all the College Football Award winners last night.

Some good stories and deserving winners.

Go No;es!

Congrats to all the College Football Award winners last night.

Some good stories and deserving winners.

Go No;es!

Thought it was cool to see Jack Nicklaus' grandson getting the award for best tight end.

He will be very difficult to replace.

Four years of his play, probably our best tight end ever.

Not the best mc rider however.

It was fun to watch the show as it aired from the same place that our daughter was a finalist for the Florida Teacher of the Year.

We also had 3 first team All Americans on the Walter Camp team.

Sadly our HS got skunked today in the state title game.

But a great season anyways.

Archived