IGNORED

The Official 2014 College Football Thread

tallman

Oh yeah, someone owes me a beer.

All you gotta do is show up in Dillard to claim it.

Congrats to the buckos, they played a better game. I'll likely never admit they're the best team in the league, but they were certainly the best team on the field last night.

OSUCKS

Go Ducks!!!

Oh Matt, not you...., not you. :(

Like I said Randy, my ex was a bucko. That's why I really dislike them.

And Urby... I don't like him either.

Yeah I didn't like him when he coached the gators either.

I'll add to the hate; I didn't like him when he coached at Utah and gave Air Force all it could handle and then some. I'm liking him now though so to all you haters out there, see if you can find it in your heart to cut him some slack for his great duck hunting skills.

I'll add to the hate; I didn't like him when he coached at Utah and gave Air Force all it could handle and then some. I'm liking him now though so to all you haters out there, see if you can find it in your heart to cut him some slack for his great duck hunting skills.

I think there will be a countdown clock starting for his departure soon enough

The way he contained Teddy Ginn, i wouldn't either...

puke2.gif

At a loss :rofl: for words, Danny?

After further review, since 'Bama lost 2 games, I think I'll swap them and FSU in my top 10.

:wave:

Urban has won everywhere he has been head coach.

Got to give him credit.

Don't have to like him.

:lurk:

What can I say? Ohio State was the better team that game. I am very proud of the Ducks, they've had a better season than all but one other team.

Next year should be interesting. Marriota will be hard to replace.

Yes he will.

Seems to be a classy guy and I hope he can succeed in the NFL.

OSU is loaded and has a lot of talent.

Will open as #1 next year.

Amway preseaon for 2015 has much more diversity than last year.

For some reason they are in love with a 5 loss team who hired a new DC, some guy from Floirda.

:P

As the deadline for declaring to go NFL, Cardale Jones sez he's returning to school .

Same guy who a year ago tweeted "why should we (players) go to school, we're here to play football".

:grin:

Urban must have said the right things, but there will be at least one, if not two, very unhapp QB's next year in Columbus.

I support staying in school and getting a degree.

He has a daughter and financial obligations.

Hope setting a good example makes a difference.

We'll see how it works out.

Staying in school, yes. A degree in what? And by how many ghost class attendees?

Daughter already? Bad choice. Finish school & have a career before you knock up a girl.

Not a good example. Only fits the stereotype.

Urban? I'll leave that to others.

Seems you're as big an OSU sycophant as you are for FSU. Morals mean nothing. :P

You know, Danny

We have a statue outside Doak Campbell.

florida-state-university-campus-statues-name-fs-cp-stu-00005smd.jpg

Surprised you would reach that interpretation of my post.

Earlier I posted about a family member who chose to play at Michigan State over OSU partially because of Urban's demeanor. I've also posted similar feelings about him as a person.

But then again, after Alabama's regular season loss you were noticed by your absence, and after the bowl loss, your posts have had a certain tone and I guess you missed all the other input.

Since sycophant has a self-serving component to its meaning, I'm not sure why you chose it. I have always given Meyer credit as a coach who gets results whilst separating my disdain for his personality.

You did spell it correctly. :clap:

So, the NCAA has restored JoPa's 111 wins making him #1 in this division. Coach Bowden, who was elevated to #1 all time after the wins were vacated, has always said he didn't feel comfortable going ahead of JoPa that way and supported separating wins on the field from the other issues.

NCAA modifies scholarship value.

Change is in the wind.

• 3 weeks later...

I was just waiting until the Draft.

WOAD the SEC had more top ten recruiting classes.

They should.

From '09 on FSU spent @$1.9 million on recruiting.

Tennessee spent $6.5 million

Alabama spent close to $5 million

etc etc

Tennessee and Florida outspent us by nearly $6million dollars and we had 54 more wins.

:Cool:

FSU was 4th in the ACC on money spent on recruiting in that time.

:rofl:

It is about results.

I think we were 33rd in money spent on recruiting and had better results than any team in that period, except 'Bama.

Maybe if we had spent 2 and 1/2 times more money we could have done better than 46-4.

:lurk:

If all out expected draft picks are selected we'll have had more draftees in a 3 year period than any other school (modern draft era) so sometimes it is about what you do w/who you get.

So congrats to those who continue to do well, FSU included, and hope to see how your guys do against ours on the field.

And since you asked, how 'bout that Urban Meyers choice to not tell recruits about their position coach leaving the day after LOI signed?

And of course Charlie Strong, in cahoots w/another former gator, Mushburger, did the same thing at Texas.

There sre a lot of good stories wrt recruiting and kids succeeding. Then again...

So yep, the SEC got all the good players, have all the bestest players, again.

Maybe they should give a trophy...

:grin:

Archived