IGNORED

The Official 2014 College Football Thread

tallman

So, Noles #1 in polls again, :clap: , Gators fire coach, the teams Miss St made their bones on as "3 consecutive top ten wins"

well these three teams have 9 or 10 losses already and all have been blown out SEC Jest.

:Cool:

Beavers bite Arizona State opening the Oregon door pretty wide.

Wisconsin RB goes for 408 :dopeslap::lurk:

Navy QB scores 6 TD's, :clap:

ND's coach looking under pressure

Dawgs, :Cool: but is it too late?

Ohio State, Baylor, TCU, choose wisely.

Still possible SEC champ has 2 losses...

Go Noles! 26 in a row...

:lurk:

Ha ha, ESPN won't give up the ship.

Just saw a promo on the ticker for next week's games, they still have Missy State as #1.

:dopeslap:

Go Noles!

And ESPN is dreaming of the day when the SEC isn't dominating the top rankings. And they'll vomit on the air if bama & miss st win out for a rematch championship contest. Hilarious.

Head of committee says, "'Bama deserves to vault to #1 becasue they 'controlled the game' and beat #1".

Then "Mississippi State deserves to be #4 because they always had a chance to win and were never pout of the game".

So, which way was it?

'Bama game control or MsSt always in it?

Typical public statement.

Only problem is if the really believe the tripe they're dishing out.

'Bama has lodt a game, barely won against a 4 loss team in OT, barely won against a 5 loss team (that hadn't won a conference game in 2 years) by one point, and, and, and LOST to a now 2 time losing team.

Body of work?

BS

At the end of the day, what matters is the right hand column.

The one titled LOSSES.

Last year Auburn got all the kudos for winning/pulling out victories/fighting to the end/etc.

FSU dominated all season, won by avg of 40.

Apparently this year, finding a way to win and being unbeaten isn't the right way to get commended.

No matter.

Sooner or later, they will have to play the game.

Ironically, every talking head I hear says that on a neutral field, they would take FSU.

Go Noles!

I actually concur Tallman. Why.....is a one loss Bama And a one loss Oregon ahead of FS?

Bama = Saban dynasty considerations?

Oregon = New ESPN "golden-child" since ND is on the ropes?

I dont know, and not going to lose any sleep either way. Maybe Bama & FS will have the chance to sort it out, but there's the IRON bowl where anything goes and usually does.

FSwho has a weaker schedule.

And a PR disaster at quarterback. I'd put money that in the backroom making the decision that really does matter. Politics is bad in these situations, but the perceptions of what's happening on that campus and in that town have made the program suspect.

#SECBias

but the perceptions of what's happening on that campus and in that town have made the program's leadership rankings suspect.

Fixed it for you.

Clarified it for you...

I don't know. It's just football, and we are just fans getting our kicks by yelling at the TV, and at each other. This is supposed to be fun.

Despite my fan disdain for UofF or Notre Dame, I'd be proud to have my daughter graduate from either university. I have a hard time projecting the behavior of students on to the reputation of any school. Maybe I'm a little permissive with this, but it's easy for me to look past a particular event, and see the good work our colleges are trying to do for their students. That doesn't forgive the wrongdoers anywhere. Bad people need to be caught and flogged. Anyone in a position of public trust should have a higher standard of behavior, complete with criminal remedies if you ask me.

So, some disgruntled former student (an attorney) shot up the campus at FSU this morning. The police reacted in an amazingly fast amount of time and took him out. Nice job, huge mondo kudos to the TPD and campus police. Even an Alabama officer would have done the same thing. This doesn't tarnish the campus, town, or anyone in my view, nor does it forgive it. My Daughter's application to FSU will stand, and I will cheer for them on Saturday.

Jake,

I'm not talking about the active shooter tarnishing the school's reputation. I'm talking about the athletic program's leadership causing those impacts.

snip ... That doesn't forgive the wrongdoers anywhere. Bad people need to be caught and flogged. Anyone in a position of public trust should have a higher standard of behavior, complete with criminal remedies if you ask me.

Your quote there is really the crux of what I'm saying.

When we see the QB acting like such a knucklehead, and then we see other players on that same team in hit and run accidents, and there's little real action taken by the university's leadership.

So, while your daughter is going to what I'm sure is a fine school, and I am glad that you support her choice the same way any parent ought to support their child's choice of schools.

I'm not talking about the active shooter

I knew that - I should have been more clear that it was my example illustrating how individual events are not necessarily institutional issues (cover-ups usually are), through they do become reputational ones when we let them. Still, unless you or I are sitting in the halls of the Athletic Dept of these schools, not sure we can determine causation of student behavior or culpability of what the programs are/are not doing from our seats. Can't trust the news, nor the NCAA.

When we see the QB acting like such a knucklehead

He sure is a knucklehead. I don't blame FSU for it though.

So, while your daughter is going to what I'm sure is a fine school, and I am glad that you support her choice the same way any parent ought to support their child's choice of schools.

You might change your mind when I tell you that I was born in Michigan, but permitted Daughter #1 and my money to go to Ohio State. Trying to get Daughter #2 into Michigan over all, just to die peacefully...

When we see the QB acting like such a knucklehead

He sure is a knucklehead. I don't blame FSU for it though.

I do to the extent that the program has had some more famous legal issues with it's players. I think it is indicative of leadership at the school. sure, other programs have issues too, but FSU seems to have more than the rest. Perception? Probably, but, it's worth thinking about. That he had his summer meltdowns while Ray Rice was beating up his fiance, well, that's either a bad role model or lousy timing...

You might change your mind when I tell you that I was born in Michigan, but permitted Daughter #1 and my money to go to Ohio State. Trying to get Daughter #2 into Michigan over all, just to die peacefully...

Meh... I have family in MI, and lost of MSU Spartans in the family tree. Hell, I even married an OSU attendee.

I can't help it that y'all couldn't get in to better schools :dopeslap:

:thumbsup: Jake.

Please.

Schedule strength?

Like playing Western Carolina?

Last year it was we couldn't hang w/SEC champ.

We beat them.

This year its you're not controling game (whateer that means).

Arkansas 5-5 is #11 in that and Miami is #13.

UF is #35

We're #34 Say what?

WTFudge.

So teams that have lost 14 ganes are equal or better than we are based on this mythic category?

BS

Y'all better hope Arkansas doesn't beat REALLY OLD mISS this weekend because that makes "bama's loss lokk like doo doo as Missy has lost 3 of last four with a win over POWERHOUSE Presbyterian the only win in over a month.

If the tables were reversed, and FSU had a loss along w/barely beating teams w/3/4/5 losses, and ranked ahead of a major conference unbeaten, at this point of the year, I would be saying that ain't right.

I'm a fan of the game, and this crap is making a mockery of rankings etc.

The other polls seem to have a grip on it.

I wonder how Auburn would've fared last year if they threw this magic "game control" variable into the mix.

Just saying.

As far as programs and trouble.

There were more folks arrested and in trouble when Burban Crier was at UF than what we are seeing here, now.

Matt, you throw free shoes university out all the time.

Perhaps you forgot that is the same era when UF got hit for an NCAA record 107 violations.

People who roll stones in glass house should not cook with fire.

:grin:

Since 2 former Gator QB's are doing well at other schools, and we faced one already this year and he had a career game, and we face the other one this weekend, it seems both programs have had players move on.

Happens everywhere.

The playoff should be 8 teams.

All 5 power % conference winners and 3 at large.

Go Noles!

You want some cheese with that whine?

Good heavens man...

Maybe the all knowing media really does think your QB is a POS and that's why. Either way...

My team has hit a rough stretch, you're whining about how nobody respects FSUCKS and it's problem children...

Go be a fan of the game and watch Duke/UNC...

:cry:

:rofl:

Not saying "nobody".

We are #1 in all the other polls.

You guys have fun playing the mighty Eastern Kentucky whatnots.

I'm sure after losing to Georgia Southern last year y'all will avoid an upset again.

We're playing a team that beat the #5 ranked team.

Of course now ESPN and the CFB folks discount that victory, as they probably should, USC isn't the

#5 team.

BUT, neither are TexasA&M, Georgia, LSU, South Carolina, Mississippi, Auburn, UF, et al as in almost half of the SEC

who were/are vastly over rated and still not appropriately ranked with wins/losses devalued as they should be.

That ain't whining, that's the facts.

And again. if the tables were reversed, I'd disagree with the CFB and say that the other polls have a better reflection of how teams should be ranked.

Looking forward to a win tomorrow.

Go Noles!

I hear you guys are rated highly in the "places to get away with stuff" polls.

I guess that counts for something.

I wouldn't put the patsies on the schedule, it's not really worth the effort or travel. The Idaho game this year already proved that to us.

And, while the SEC may have some issues, it's stronger than the basketball conference the semiholes play in. Big fancy school like that I'd figger you might kno mo betta...

Sheesh.

A little over a week and we all go help our coach pack up to leave, that's something I'm excited about!!!

Go Gators!!

And, while the SEC may have some issues, it's stronger than the basketball conference the semiholes play in. Big fancy school like that I'd figger you might kno mo betta...

You're kidding, right? Top ten Virginia, Louisville, North Carolina, Duke, plus perennials Wake Forest, B.C., Syracuse, Pitt, G.T., to name a few. In basketball the ACC's a pretty intimidating crowd.

Ya may want to pick another sport; badminton, croquet, basket-weaving... :grin:

alright peeps (peeps, got that from my Lil daughter) everyone circles their own wagons, if i were born and raised in baton rouge I'd certainly be LSU fan, but no, I'm bama, could have chosen auburn, who i cheered on last BCS game. History, move on, don't lose sleep over it, bla bla, etc..

We (bama fans) endured the Shula years, Tenn won 10 consecutive, and so did many others. Again, move on sleep well.

And when bama annihilates FSU, move on! Lol. Sry couldn't resist, kidding.

My point is, life is to short to let sports get you down. Having said that. ROLL-TIDE! YEEE_HA!

You're kidding, right? Top ten Virginia, Louisville, North Carolina, Duke, plus perennials Wake Forest, B.C., Syracuse, Pitt, G.T., to name a few. In basketball the ACC's a pretty intimidating crowd.

Ya may want to pick another sport; badminton, croquet, basket-weaving... :grin:

Yes, they are a basketball conference, the sec is more of a football conference.

So, everyone knows SEC is the heavyweight conference, you want the No. 1 or 3 team in there too?

This weeks CFP top 25 rankings have 5 teams from the SEC and 4 from the ACC, close.

Your team wasn't on the list. :)

Bill, the GAtors are already preparing for the FSU game.

All vituperative vitriol aside, the out of conference schedules are often set way in advance, or as a last minute addition (such as when West Virginia backed out of last year and this year home and home) forcing an additional oppponent be found and that is difficult with schedules made up years in advance.

Our out of conference schedule this year,

Notre DAme, all time NCAA leaderin winning percentage,

University of Florida, has won the SEC and National Championships in the past decade,

Oklahaoma State, who is aa Power 5 conference member and recently produced top rated teams,

West Virginia, Power 5 conference and tough home and home series

that had to be replaced leaving us scrambling to get the Citadel.

Put WV back in there as planned, and it is the most ambitious and difficult out of conference schedule in the country.

No other school even scheduled 2 P5 teams, let alone 4 good ones.

Today's game with Boston College is another tough one. They are undefeated on the road. Not very many teams are this year.

If we can beat them, and then the gatORs nest week, we'll have beaten 3 UF QB's in one year.

Regardless of the CFP panel rankings, in the polls we are #1, we ARE still the reigning national champions and every team has brought their A+ game against us. So far we have risen to the challenge, I think we will again.

Go Noles!

So, everyone knows SEC is the heavyweight conference, you want the No. 1 or 3 team in there too?

This weeks CFP top 25 rankings have 5 teams from the SEC and 4 from the ACC, close.

Your team wasn't on the list. :)

Yep, not our year. I just like poking the bears from the sidelines. I got nothing more invested in UF than beer and tee shirts, I mean, I went to a basketball school that didn't have a football program until after I graduated.

I just really hate the semiHOLES, mostly through a bit of sibling rivalry. It's a story I'll get into some other time.

I got nothing more invested in UF than beer and tee shirts, I mean, I went to a basketball school that didn't have a football program until after I graduated.

I hear ya Jethro, when I was there we played for the national championship in basketball, didn't have much of a football program either till Sir Bobby showed up. Just shows you that programs come and go over the long haul, if you can wait awhile things'll change.

Speaking of which, been around long enough to know that last regular season game can go either way, no matter who's favored, and we've lost it enough times when we weren't sposed to, it's way more than a game. Heck, I've been around long enough that a buddy and I spilt bourbon in some nice lady's hair in front of us, when the Old Ball Coach was the young quarterback : )

Go Noles!

Like Bills said, the UF game has nothing to do w/records and they may be the best team we play so far.

We will see.

11-0

27 in a row

So Missysippy gets spanked by Arkansas, hmmm...

Egg Bowl won't be much, Iron bowl not much better, we will need to put together a great game to beat the gators and some former classic matchups like OSU and Meeshagain have lost some luster.

ND loses again.

Single game rushing records :P see ya.

Go Noles! Beat the gators.

The offense subbed so defense gets a chance to sub.

Only problem was, the D had aleady subbed and was lined up ready to play.

this was an 8 official crew instead of 7 so it was a ref on the O side who stood next to the center (who was down over the ball)

QB walks up sees D ready when the ref moves into the way w/out checking D.

So QB sees D ready wants to get under center and ref won't move.

QB and ref make contact then QB tries to get ref to move.

Contact was made by QB, a technical violation, but not called,

maybe becasue they knew it was a 50/50, who knows, not supposed to touch refs but the ref is supposed to have a clue...

by the time QB was getting near to center D was lined up and ready.

REf should have seen this but completely focused on QB.

Qb shouldn't have tried to move ref, if it was another team folks would say funny.

Thought a good no call given time ad setting of game and the fact ref could have and should have moved already.

QB still pretty banged up, ankle and thumb, and I think he was frustrated enough to react poorly.

REf overmanaging a situation that was not an issue til he made it one.

More of an issue w/us because we run a lot of plays under center and not just shotgun.

Well it's nice to see smack is still allowed (unless it's directed at Notre Dumb apparently). Fun to see Tim & Matt going hammer & tongs.

On a different tack, did you see the stats on the Washington State QB yesterday? 45 of 74, over 700 yards! Damn, son, sorry you lost. That must have been a hell of a show.

Go Noles!

Caught a couple interesting articles after I got to town and find it interesting that the #SECBIAS complainers railing against the SEC West have gone silent since the entire division showed to be bowl eligible.

Sure, some of those will be the "Day after Christmas nobody's really watching Bowl" but, still, they are bowl games. Seems only UK, Vandy and Mizzou are NOT eligible in the SEC.

Hmmm, not bad for a weak conference.

Caught a couple interesting articles after I got to town and find it interesting that the #SECBIAS complainers railing against the SEC West have gone silent since the entire division showed to be bowl eligible.

Sure, some of those will be the "Day after Christmas nobody's really watching Bowl" but, still, they are bowl games. Seems only UK, Vandy and Mizzou are NOT eligible in the SEC.

Hmmm, not bad for a weak conference.

Mizzou has 9 wins, I hope we get a bowl. (I think you meant the Vols)

Last year, Matt, ACC had 11 bowl eligible teams, one more than the SEC.

Thanks for reminding us.

:wave:

Yep, every criminole has his day...

It's all good Timmy.

I did find this PSA hysterical in it's mockery of the NFL's abuse ad.

Anybody have a clue who or what the "Power Five" is? It keeps getting mentioned but no explanation have I heard all year.

The Wolverines played a much better than expected game in Columbus but the inevitable loss arrived to usher Brady Hoke out da door.

Go Seminoles!

And the Noles are STILL ranked #3? WTF!?! Why/how can the only unbeaten team be ranked #3 and a 3 loss team be number 8? I think these decisions must be made in a state that has legalized marijuana.

And they will likely still be ranked #3 after unsuccessfully trying to hand the game to the Gatorz today. But a win is a win!

Man, the ACC sure has punched the SEC right in the mouth today. I wonder if an SEC team can win the Iron Bowl...

12-0

28 in a row

So a 3 loss Ole Miss beat both MissyState and'Bama ?

But they were quality losses...

Somewhere a nightmare scenario where all the conferences are won

by 2 (or more) loss teams.

:P

Time to focus on beating Georgia Tech.

Go Noles!

And they will likely still be ranked #3 after unsuccessfully trying to hand the game to the Gatorz today. But a win is a win!

Man, the ACC sure has punched the SEC right in the mouth today. I wonder if an SEC team can win the Iron Bowl...

You're lucky our offense is as bad as it is. That could well have been a 35-42pt deficit in the first half.

You're still #3 because you fail to dominate... I mean really, the Gators are weak. Shite for offense, good defense and decent special team, but really, they aren't that tough on offense.

So, you beat an unranked team wooooo the ACC is sooooo a bunch of tough teams... Puhhhleeez.

You need to say that 3 more times for full effect. Not only did FSU win, but..

Georgia Tech beat Georgia

Louisville beat Kentucky

Clemson beat South Carolina

B3pdsaUCUAAR_UI.jpg

Cheaper than therapy Matt?

:rofl:

Winner, the team that scores the most points.

Loser, the team talking about "game control."

The only game control that counts is on the scoreboard.

6e94b2660b8cf9c18c86fef6cc6a19fc.jpg

Go Noles!

you're right timmy, we didn't win the game and that is all that matters.

I will wait to see if that POS QB actually gets his due from his conduct hearing now that the season is basically over.

FSUCKS has proven that they can win football games, and, that that is all that matters.

IMG_446174715052026.jpg

Archived