IGNORED

The Official 2014 College Football Thread

tallman

This should be another great year for college football.

Of course the previous year saw the end of the SEC streak.

The ACC, represented by the undefeated Florida State University Seminoles, won not only the last BCS National Championship, but the most post season awards ever.

FSU had the Heisman Trophy winner, scored more points than any previous team, and led the nation in defense.

WE beat the team that beat THE team in one of the best title games ever!

:clap:

Of course Oklahoma beat 'Bama also, so they have a two game losing streak.

:(

'Bama hopes to solve that by turning the offense over to a former backup QB from FSU.

This year brings the playoffs baby!

The Noles are #1 starting the year and deservedly so.

We will start the season in Arlington where we'll beat the Cowboys and will end the season there by winning the National Title.

We're loaded and hungry to dominate all opponents who will be aiming for the #1 team.

Bring it on!

So let the festivities begin.

Root for your favorite and hope for the best.

Go Noles!

obley-ross-florida-state-university-renegade-and-chief-osceola-on-the-field.jpg

Stick and ball sports. For those who can't handle wheels and a motor. :P

You boys all have fun this year. And don't forget, your recruited semi-professionals get paid ABOVE the table this year. :rofl:

Well, our All American tight end has shown he bounces well

:P

two crashes

:grin:

better stick with football.

:dopeslap:

Nice job following the ST tradition of last years winner starting this years thread. You certainly took full advantage in promoting your Noles. Congrats on a great season, all accolades deserved. However, I predict the SEC regains it's rightful place atop the college football world. No, not LSU. Too many losses to the NFL two years running. I'm hoping for 8-9 wins. But looking forward to another great season of college football. And, Geaux Tigers!

I'm predicting FSU to you have a 10-3 season... Ten arrests 3 convictions, and that's only Winston...

I cannot stop trembling with laughter over what Matt said.

By all means, keep Winston away from the police, the last thing we need is another racial blow up! :rofl:

By all means, keep Winston away from the police, the last thing we need is another racial blow up! :rofl:

OK, may have been a bit insensitive... :dopeslap:

Y'all are thinking, "we ain't touching that one, Beemerman!"

OK, back to regularly scheduled college football :)

'Bama hopes to solve that by turning the offense over to a former backup QB from FSU.

This isn't the first time you've brought up transfers from FSU to Bama. Kinda funny how The Tide has more success with them than Bobbyville. :grin:

Seems to me if Fisher was such a great coach, he'd know how to keep good players & make a team out of them, instead of relying on a crab thief & BB gun idiot.

I'm sooo looking forward to the 30th.

Hi Danny.

Was afraid that 'Bama's 2 game losing streak would douse you enthusiasm.

Heck, you may be facing another former FSU QB in the West Virginia game.

As far as keeping good players, we believe in catch and release.

:wave:

See you on the 6th.

:Cool:

• 2 weeks later...

So, "Dallas to Dallas" mantra got us through preseason practices.

Are you ready for some FOOTBALL???

I am.

Big games this weekend, could make/break Oregon or Michigan State.

Have a grand nephew playing for the Spartans so go MSU!

Florida playing a gazillion ranked teams this year, can they improve on last year's 4 wins?

Think so with healthy QB.

Tigers and Badgers?

Where is all the Geaux Tiger??

'Bama should cakewalk.

I'm having trouble sleeping already.

Grandson will be here for first game with me, He's 22 months but knows all the words to the war chant.

Go Noles!

i was very impressed with A&M last night. They are either really good or the 'ol ball coach better start coaching them up.

the defense was much better. if the new QB can make everyone forget johnny football i'm rooting for him.

A&M's coach is and has been the real deal wrt offense.

W/in 6 games it'll be Johnny Who?

Is Temple that good?

Great to see Stevie can still fling the visor and clipboard

at the same time.

:rofl:

I think I can still kick better than Wake's punter and I have a broken ankle and blown knee...

Guarantee folks playing A&M will not overlook them like I did.

Go Noles!

Ole Miss survived three interceptions in the first half to thump Boise St.

Remember when BS :grin: were squawking about being in the hunt for the Nat. Championship?

Yeah, not so much anymore.

Looking forward to 3:30 tomorrow.

Look at you all, a bunch of pretenders. Florida State, Alabama, Auburn, Texas A&M--gimmie a break. None of you guys face the power house teams Michigan has to play.

What am I talking about? Today's opponent: Appalachian State! Game of the season, true nail biter, the National Championship could be determined by this game!

None of you wannabe fans have even mentioned this colossal clash of college football clans! Shows how much you know about a great football game :Cool:

OK, admittedly, I'm a bit on edge :eek:

And yes, I am joking here. Nervous for sure, but joking nonetheless.

Oh I haven't forgotten. How can I? Couldn't show my face in these parts. Michigan responded to that loss in Lloyd Carr's last season as head coach by going undefeated until their face off with the Buckeyes in Columbus. In that game, it was 2--I want to say top 10 teams, but maybe Michigan wasn't ranked that high--top Big 10 teams, anyhow, with the Buckeyes in contention for a national title shot. Anyhow, great war of a game where OSU came out on top.

But yes, I remember that game against Appalachian State in '07. That's why I was so nervous about today!

Very happy ending today: 52-14.

A win against a tough OkSt team that should have an excellent year.

Go Noles!

LSU pulls the fake punt out of the hat and finds a win.

Georgia rides Todd Gurley over Clemson.

Who will Georgia play for the SEC championship and spot in the Final Four?

'Bama gets a sideline call and leaps ahead of West Virginia for solid win.

Stanford and Michigan State look for real.

Notre Dame is a much better team w/Golston back at QB.

Gators find way not to lose.

;)

First week in the books.

If you aren't fired up, go watch tennis.

I attended the OSU vs Navy game Saturday. Wonderful game through the first 3 quarters. OSU without their star QB and Navy with a very strong returning QB and team roster. OSU had interception and a fumble return for touchdowns otherwise would have been neck to neck until the end.

I could not lose either way. :) Did undergrad and dental school at OSU in the 60's and then into the Navy for the next 30 years.

Look at you all, a bunch of pretenders. Florida State, Alabama, Auburn, Texas A&M--gimmie a break. None of you guys face the power house teams Michigan has to play.

What am I talking about? Today's opponent: Appalachian State! Game of the season, true nail biter, the National Championship could be determined by this game!

None of you wannabe fans have even mentioned this colossal clash of college football clans! Shows how much you know about a great football game :Cool:

Good, Danny agrees with me. Somebody gets it! :grin:

Of course, you all are thinking, "Why Beemerman2k? Michigan won't be on it!"

Well, it's always something of an occasion when Big Blue gets a spot on the list. If they don't this week, they will after they beat Notre Dame on Saturday evening, that's for sure :thumbsup:

Until the gang of 13 vote in October, polls are moot.

But, FSU is still #1 with a scattering of other #1 votes spread around.

A great start to the season with a number of teams looking really good.

A&M v Georgia for the SEC?

Notre DAme controls their destiny w/the schedule they have.

Gonna be a good one...

Bullsquash! Polls are for bragging & smack talk. You, of all people, should know that. Beemerman proves that, & his team isn't even ranked. Yet. :grin:

Well by golly you're right.

We survived the first test and should obliterate the Citadel.

At least the Gators haven't lost yet...but the Swamp sure lived up to its name.

Whoever wins the SEC this year will be a beast, unlike last year.

;)

Just found out our O-line had 4 out of five down with a flu bug, explains something.

Enjoying the view form the top...

Bullsquash! Polls are for bragging & smack talk. You, of all people, should know that. Beemerman proves that, & his team isn't even ranked. Yet. :grin:

Yet? Might be a while. Wouldn't hold my breath...:cry:

...after they beat Notre Dame on Saturday evening, that's for sure :thumbsup:

Man, I hope you're right!

Me, too. Wouldn't bet on it, but me too. ND looks good this year. I like that starting QB #5 whose name escapes me. I hope Michigan's D is tight this year or ND will give them fits.

But win, lose, or draw, tis the season, baby :thumbsup:

Just found out our O-line had 4 out of five down with a flu bug, explains something.

Kinda early for excuses, don't ya think?

:lurk:

With that, I'll say it here without lame excuses. Bama is NOT prepared for the no huddle. I would've thought Saban learned from the Sugar Bowl against Utah. Evahdamndently not! :P

At this point, I just hope we can get past an undefeated Florida. :grin:

We heard Florida was offering everyone a payday to cancel.

A no loss team has to play for the title right?

;)

Actually they ought to be pretty good with new OC and

healthy QB.

Never too early to work on excuses.

USC V UCLA in the alphabet bowl.

Ducks and Spartans.

VaTEch v OSU

GATORS V E MICHGAN IN A PICK 'EM

FSU v BAMA and Citadel v FAU would be better match ups.

Just saying,.

Is anybody of note playing anybody of note tomorrow?

We won't know until the upsets roll in. That's the beauty and joy of college football :thumbsup:

And you know they'll roll in.

Nebraska escapes from a program ending debacle by McNeese State and 'Bama kicks a field goal to cover a 40 point spread by one.

Yikes!

Go Noles!

Gee, the Big 10 is looking like the new Big East!

Michigan is a national embarrassment, but nobody in the Big 10 is laughing at them, least of all the Buckeyes :smile:

VT beat the Buckeyes at Columbus? :grin:

Jell yes!

Go Hokies ...

good thing the Big 10 didn't play an SEC team.

Count the little 10 out of the playoff.

UCLA escapes, again so their game with USC??

Oregon looks like the real deal (even if they resemble basketball

scores) so barring derailment, count them in.

SEC. who knows?? Some great teams showing awesomeness, will they get multiple slots?

ACC, Louisville looking like Oregon with better defense?

FSU has so many skilled players we need two footballs.

Clemson in 2 weeks, then Louisville up there on a Thursday night followed by Notre DAme who is back.

Our soft schedule doesn't look so soft anymore and we will need

to avoid more injuries like last night where our #1,#2,#3 DT's went down.

:(

Texas A&M and Georgia look like the class of the SEC but 'Bama

and LSU would win any other league.

And then there's Ok and OkSt...

playoffs good, and guarantee there will be multiple teams/fan bases crying when left out.

College football baby!

Go Noles!

Archived