IGNORED

The Official 2014 College Football Thread

tallman

Deleted by Admin for content. This is a fun thread about analyzing college football and cheering on your favorite team. There's no need to characterize other teams by pejorative misnomers, refer to any other team as "pussies" or suggest "bitch-slapping" each other.

Gentlemen (mostly), speaking to all of you, this thread has been going well for years. Don't be the one to get it shut down because you cannot control your urge to insult a team not located where you happen to call home or which represents the only college you could get into (don't see anyone here cheering for Harvard or Yale), and which is comprised of young athletes virtually any and all of whom could individually wipe the floor with you.

It's a game, folks. Analyze. Dissect. Second guess. Agonize. Root. Proselytize if you want to. But keep it fun, competitive and courteous. Or else. That simple.

Oh, almost forgot. Please.

The Admin Team.

Last week Yale was #2 in scoring offense.

:clap:

My brother teaches at Harvard, got a PhD there.

:thumbsup:

Still picking Georgia to win the SEC and us to win the ACC.

The mod's got a point. Me being a Michigan fan is a big stretch! They might let me work in the cafeteria someday, but that's about it :Cool:

They're still my boys, though.

I did take a Win 32 API class at the Harvard Extension School back in '92, so there :grin:

Jameis State University?

"It must be so much fun to be a Florida State fan right now, living inside that morality-free bubble that fits so snugly over the campus in Tallahassee. Your young and impressionable football coach, Jimbo Fisher, believes every single word Winston has to say about signing autographs, because Jameis is just so, well, so incredibly believable."

Go West Virginia!

Go Clint. 8 games in a row with 300+ yards passimg.

Then there were ...

(sorry Marshall, and congrats on a great season so far)

Go Noles!

Oh, just got done with the yard, good golly miss molly can 'Bama bounce back?

:grin:

Wonder what tickets to the Egg Bowl are selling for?

Anyone going?

What a brawl! This Notre Dame @ Florida State game is exceeding the hype. For one, let's face it, this is the best Notre Dame team we've seen since the 80's. Secondly, this game is a brawl! I'm luvin it :thumbsup:

How 'bout dem Noles!

23 in a row.

ND played a great game but this year's FSU team seems to just keep finding ways to win.

And then there were three...

Time to enjoy for a day, then regroup.

Thursday night trip to Louisville who leads the nation in defense.

Looks like a new head grator coming to a swamp near you very soon.

'Bama plays their best game of the year.

Sooners are later...

and only a week and a half til the 13 speak.

Just heard they're interested in getting Terry Bowden...

:lurk:

Saw an article about #BlameJameis talking about going pro next year to avoid the investigations.

Maybe he can say hi to Maurice Clarette for us...

What a shame he couldn't quite get his head around the opportunity he has.

How 'bout dem Noles!

23 in a row.

ND played a great game but this year's FSU team seems to just keep finding ways to win.

Well, it wasn't the game I expected, based on prior performances, but the result was.

Still trying to figure out how perpetually over-rated #6 Noter Dumb barely escapes with a W the week before and goes up in the standings and #1 FSU wins and goes down. Yeah, that's a fair system we got there. Well, when the people making the choices are biased, the results show it. Or maybe money is involved. There are a lot of ethnically insensitive alums from South Bend. (Fighting Irish? Really? Welcome to the 1850's. We go after them right after the Redskins.)

Regardless, the whiners from my favorite proposed nuclear test site walk away with a big "LOSER!" on their record and might actually drop out of the top 10. Yeah, I'm holding my breath, they'll probably be back in the playoff picture in two weeks. (Can't wait until they finally get off the fence and start being in a conference like every worthwhile team in the country. Then let's see them waltz into the top ten every freaking year with no evidence to back it up and the inability to cherry-pick a schedule.)

Most importantly, the 'Noles get another, albeit hard earned, victory. Time to work on 4th down defense, Jimbo. Bring on the Gators, I hear they're delicious breaded and fried. An appetizer for the playoffs (I hope).

Sorry to hear of Archie Manning's problems.

As of now, not being replaced?

So 12 will select?

Hmmm...

Mark,

We go to Louisville (#1 in defense) and will need to improve

to win there. I think we can but find it strange that we are continually compared to last year's once in a lifetime group

and regarded negatively while the talking heads laud the SEC west

talking it is ok to be losing games becasue of parity not becasue the team isn't as good as the previous year.

Still picking Georgia to win the SEC and prediciting that no SEC will be unbeaten after the round robin w/MissSt/Miss/Auburn/'Bama

so we'll probably get the talking heads pushing for all of them in the playoff.

:dopeslap:

Should be a caveat in selection that no non-conference champion

is selected before a major conference champ with similar record and conferences w/out championship game get las (if available) spot.

Go Noles!

Nice win, LSU! Cool.

Well, the good news I derive out of Lansing, MI, is that I don't think this loss will hurt Michigan in the pools too badly :Cool:

The Jekyll Hyde personality of this team can be entertaining.

Spot the #1 defense 21 points, on the road, Thursday night, have your QB sprain an ankle and limp to a career worst three interceptions, and end up 8-0, 24 in a row and win by 11...

scoring more TD's against the #1 D than they had given up all year.

I think 3 true freshman scored tonight.

Go Noles!

So today's the day that the mighty one loss losers from the SEC West get a second loss.

Can't wait to hear how ESecPN spins that to keep them ranked.

House of Cards (hehe we won there :Cool: ) based on Texas A&M

being something they aren't beating someone who wasn't good then, and 3/4 loss teams that started out ranked.

Cocktail Party in JAX where the real Gators show up?

At least some good games today.

November is the month the SEC West plays behemoths like Presbyterian. Wofford, LaMarr, and other Stooges before their rivalry games.

James,

Michigan has started the process, AD gone, coach to follow, Gators next.

Wonder if they can get Mullin to come back?

If F.S.U. can just figure out how to play the first half of a game like they play the second half, they would dominate everyone. Sadly, they haven't done that yet. Still, they keep winning and that is, in the end, the most important thing. And it is more exciting to watch.

And, as I predicted, scum rises and the whiners from South Bend are back in the top ten already (based on what?). Golly gosh, I am so surprised. (Where the bloody f**k is the sarcasm smiley face?!?)

For my evil misguided Gator Fan brothers: you have my sympathies that your impressive win over Georgia today only extends the time you must deal with Mustchump as your coach. Really sorry about that.

Go 'Noles.

This may be the most competitive college football season in years. Florida played like Georgia, and Miss State played like Florida State - barely escaping in the end.

Did anyone notice that the 'Canes are playing great football lately? Heck they played like TCU, no I mean last week's TCU, because this week's TCU is playing like FSU and MSU.

Got it?

Man, some teams really can play the spoiler with what's left.

Jake,

Yep.

'Bama just sitting and waiting.

Florida and Miami will be very tough games.

Did not see THE team yesterday.

Plenty of fun and great plays.

Sad to hear commentators continue to knock us.

"Oh, FSU has trailed in 5 of last 9 games at the half, SO if they lose no way they deserve a final four slot."

Excuse me talking head, are you aware that "Bama has LOST 3 of their last nine games? So using your logic, since the HAVE lost they don't deserve a final four slot.

What rubbish.

Gators showed a way to use what they have and win, really scary to think about playing them now.

If they had used this against 'Bama, who knows?

Miami may be more improved than LSU from start of season.

Georgia shows why the prognosticators, with all their access and inside scoops are really just a bunch of hot air.

And Arkansas' coach is really inept, no wonder they haven't won a league game.

Can't wait for next Saturday, Go Noles!

Im not a die-hard on anything, FWIW, im not sure we will see the 2 best teams in the country. More likely conference champions.

Anyone remember Bama v ND? Was boring after few mins of 3rd qtr.

If F.S.U. can just figure out how to play the first half of a game like they play the second half, they would dominate everyone. Sadly, they haven't done that yet. Still, they keep winning and that is, in the end, the most important thing. And it is more exciting to watch.

And, as I predicted, scum rises and the whiners from South Bend are back in the top ten already (based on what?). Golly gosh, I am so surprised. (Where the bloody f**k is the sarcasm smiley face?!?)

The crab legs must cook very slowly...

UF is at best playing to be the spoiler, and that can be a powerful motivator when you have nothing else left to play for. Knocking y'all, and that piece of work QB of yours out of another championship is well worth it. Especially with the program about to turn inside out.

UF played a great game.

Thye are always a challenge, same with Miami.

Anyone who knows football understands that.

AFA the program turning inside out.

That's funny.

Thought you were smarter than the NY Times.

Their dribble, half truths, innuendo, and downright intentional

misleading dribble is sad.

Only one example;

the last "in depth expose" they mention that investigators thought the girl who was with Jameis might have been drugged.

That was true, at first, mainly becasue her story kept changing every time she told it.

Then lab results came back.

One, no drugs, no date rape, no alcohol intoxication.

Zip, nada, nope.

But, the NY Times runs the half truth w/out the real facts.

Nor do they mention the second semen sample in her undies.

She told multiple stories about that too.

Was boyfriend, friend, didn't know...

turned out not to be her "boyfriend".

I could refute any and all of the Times' assertions as they are filled with BS, but it isn't worth it.

A public perception, based on BS has been created and no amount of truth or facts will change that.

We will win this Saturday, and look forward to spoiling the teams who have only the spoiler role left.

Go Noles!

Mark,

That was funny.

Even funnier is the prospect that Florida runs the table, gets help, and wins the SEC.

Put that in yer playoff pipe and smoke it.

Should be a beautiful Saturday evening here when we whup the Cav's.

Go Noles!

Hey Tim,

When you say "Florida runs the table," you are talking about their whole schedule not just their SEC schedule, right? :grin: Go Gators.

Ron

Tim,

I'm just talking about the UF program turning inside out. I could care less about FSUcks and what they do.

I read more and more about JW and I can only hope that when this pattern of self destructive behaviors catch up to him that his coaches will admit that they failed this young man by not holding him accountable for his knuckleheaded behaviors earlier on when he could have been saved.

Mark, the slow cooking crab legs was referring to FSU's tale of 2 halves against Louisville...

How about this point shaving accusation on winston that popped up today. Curiouser and Curiouser.

Matt,

#blamejameis

Global Warming too.

He has been held accountable.

Punishment, suspension, community service, public ridicule and scorn. The coaches have done a lot.

He was not charged in the big news case, unlike Todd Gurley who was paid thousands for autographs, not evidence Jameis did.

He was suspended for being stupid, not a crime, and yet, 'Bama has player found w/marijuana and $5,000 in dorm, no coverage.

Not picking on 'Bama just noting. Same w/Auburn's QB.Documented criminal acts, multiple times, and stole from team mates, run off from Georgia, yet somehow he is OK?

Jameis was our 4th string QB when the supposed cover up happened. And yet various other players have been arrested, suspended, kicked off the team who were atrters, had NFL prospects, all by the same police/State Attorney/coaches.university who supposedly conspired to cover up Winston's action?

Don't buy it.

Anyone heard about NC school wide fraud to keep atheletes eligible for over 18 years. Systemic, viral, intentional, with knowledge, national titiles etc.

Now is Winston went to NC, hmmm....

And yes, UF has the talent to run the table.

I think we'll beat them.

First Virginia, then Miami, who may have made the second best improvement since the start of the year, right there w/LSU.

Go Noles!

y'all and the famousjameis thing always make me think of the colloquial name of a restaurant that sounds close to that. I'll not say it here, but in a PM I would...

Tim,

I can't speak to the other players or programs as I don't really get that much media in Jax about other school problems, only UF, UGA and of course, the CRIMInoles (and I don't even watch the SEC Network!!!).

I'm willing to believe you're right that there are other programs with troubles, and legal issues, but still, I'm only bombarded by your little bundle of "special" there in Tally.

I think Mr. Winston is blowing a great opportunity. And I really hope he can stay out of county between the end of the season and the draft when he can become some NFL team's problem.

ESPN is annointing Miss State and FSU as solidly in the 1 & 2 slots. Not so fast. Alabama's squeaker puts them in an enviable position to change the outlook this weekend against the Bulldogs. The 'Noles have to stop those turnovers or it ain't going to be easy from here on out.

Buckeye's should win out - they have a real shot and are playing well, but that early season loss and weakness of schedule might keep them Meyered down. They aren't getting much love.

The Baylor or TCU story is interesting. TCU's only loss is to Baylor, who's only loss is to W Va. Kansas State can play revenge spoiler to Baylor in their final game.

Who's gonna stop the Sun Devils?

(Pay no attention to Oregon, they really aren't real, just a figment of our imaginations)

If FSU and MSU take a loss, I don't think this playoff system will have done a damned thing in my mind about who the best team is. It will, however, have achieved it's objective, and that is to make money.

It will be interesting for sure.

I'm honestly torn right now...

If UF can beat SC and EKU and not get blown out by the criminoles, we have a real shot to play the SEC championship from the east and possibly make it to a better bowl that we likely deserve.

Oh, and we'd likely keep our coach... That's the hard to part to accept right now.

How would that be to show up after this year and take the #4 playoff spot? Unlikely, but hey, who knows?

A good weekend for me.

Michigan stumbles into a win somehow. Seriously ugly but it counts. :eek::grin:

FSU plays two solid halves of a football game and walks away with a solid W.:grin:

Noter Dumb got down early to Arizona State, tried to climb back in and got bitch-slapped back where they belong. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Popped a cold one for all three of those results. :thumbsup:

Sorry to see MSU lose to OSU but I'm not fool enough to try to predict that one.

Whatsa matta, no interest in the mighty gators this year so you've become a Seminole follower...

:wave:

Great games today.

Wonder if anyone will be naming their baby Dak if it is born today?

Playing Miami, sixth time this year another top 10-15 defense we're playing against.

They sure have improved and it ought to be a challenge.

Go Noles!

Funny how all the SEC Westies are are abandoning the brothers in arms mode for winner take all.

:P

Non-conference opponents of Mississippi State, Alabama, Oregon.

UT- Martin, Soputh Alabama, Southern Miss, University of Alabama Birmingham, West Virginia, FAU, Souther Miss, Western Carolina, South Dakota, Wyoming, Michigan State.

Non conference opponents for FSU.

Citadel, Oklahoma State, University of Florida.

We play more Power Five teams than those 3 teams combined.

Go Noles!

I'm not ever going to be a follower of the semi-holes... I just like making note of your criminals over yonder. I am continually amazed at what that town lets those players get awayi with. Just imagine if they'd killed that poor kid instead of just totalling his car. Ah, who am I kidding, getting dipstick another ring is all that matters to anyone there.

The Might Gators are doing well playing better than they should with the personnel issues they've had. They should beat SC today and we could well be spoil cinderella's big day. I'd like that a lot.

Who knows, maybe after we win out, take the SEC title and whoop some Big 10 or Sub-par conference team in a bowl game we can still fire our coach in good spirits...

The 'Ol Ball Coach and his gang had other ideas Matt. At least that should put the new coach plans back on track. Silver lining. They're still in a position to play spoiler.

Danny will like this. 'Bama looked real strong today. Miss State played 'em tough, but the win was worse than the score.

The 'Noles are about to kick off, so we'll see if we can stop Duke Johnson. If we can stop Perryman from eating us alive, we should get outta there with a win.

Archived