IGNORED

Blue Ridge Rendezvous - October 10th - 12th

Lone_RT_rider

Shawn, have you given any thought to calling Exxon and telling them about BRR? I'm sure they will get it in gear once they are aware of what is at stake.

Lone_RT_rider
Shawn, have you given any thought to calling Exxon and telling them about BRR? I'm sure they will get it in gear once they are aware of what is at stake.

Steve, I think you have the sarcasm/thread meter pegged at 100% lately. :/

See you soon.... :grin:

Shawn

Its not called the BRR for nothing........looks to be a balmy 34 degrees in Maggie Valley this morning.

Don't forget to pack the Gerbings and a sweatshirt

Yep! The forecast says we're getting frost tonight........so bring your warmies AND your windshield scraper! ;)

Cheryl

I say we go down that way and bust up their party. When they see the ATGATT Ensemble Group they'll know who the posers are right?

Bruce

Well, if we're going over there simply to be seen, I guess that answers the question... :/

Pretty scary huh?

385356435_YgvDh-L.jpg

:grin::Cool::grin:

Pretty scary huh?

385356435_YgvDh-L.jpg

:grin::Cool::grin:

AHHHHHH !!!! My eyes!!!! Dang, I'm blind!

See ya'll in a week! Oh and Tim, super duper unleaded is goin for 3.85 up here in B'Ville..

I made a seperate thread, but I thought I'd throw this in here as well

my roommate just canceled on me and I'm looking for someone to split the room I reserved. I'm checking in Wed and staying till Sun. I'm willing to split the room for any or all of the nights depending on individual travel plans.

FYI for those planning to go near Tellico Plains.

This event will be going on.

Great, just more bikes I will have to overtake on the Skyway. :mad:

I will let you in on a little secret............the best roads are to the NE, so you won't have to worry about passing many bikes, cars or LEOs if you go that way. :/

Finally getting my act together. Reservations made just for Thur and Fri night. Christine will be joining me.

I don't know about having your act together, but it'll be good to see Christine :D

Finally getting my act together. Reservations made just for Thur and Fri night. Christine will be joining me.

I don't know about having your act together, but it'll be good to see Christine :D

:grin: Nice jab, Ken.

Just an FYI for anyone interested, Marty, Silvia and I are planning on visiting Wheels Through Time Friday afternoon just after lunch. Anyone who wants to join us are welcome.

Three days and a wakeup...

Paul Mihalka

For a change, I'll be a late starter. On Thursday afternoon from work, to around Roanoke on I81 for the night, Friday mostly Blue Ridge with Bratwurst on my mind.

Joe Frickin' Friday
tick tick tick tick

That's not your gearbox, is it? :/

Went for my last pre-trip ride today. I think I now have about 700 miles on the bike since I put the gearbox back together. No symptoms so far, but I'm gonna drain the lube and inspect for chunks anyway, just to make sure it doesn't crap out on me somewhere in Kentucky.

tick

tick

tick

tick...

tick tick tick tick

Went for my last pre-trip ride today. I think I now have about 700 miles on the bike since I put the gearbox back together. No symptoms so far, but I'm gonna drain the lube and inspect for chunks anyway, just to make sure it doesn't crap out on me somewhere in Kentucky.

I was thinking the same thing, but I don't think I'll have time to change mine before I leave tomorrow. I might do it tonight, but I wouldn't bet money on it. I've put about 1200 miles on mine and everything has felt good so far.

Steve,

I've always wanted to go there. I can shoot up early Friday morning and be in Maggie Valley by 10 or 11 am. Or, let me know where you would like to meet up.

Bruce

tick tick tick tick

I was thinking the same thing, but I don't think I'll have time to change mine before I leave tomorrow. I might do it tonight, but I wouldn't bet money on it. I've put about 1200 miles on mine and everything has felt good so far.

with all ya'lls recent experience, I'm so glad that should mine fail, I have a great "pit" crew in waiting! Come on Thursday, get here already!

Steve,

I've always wanted to go there. I can shoot up early Friday morning and be in Maggie Valley by 10 or 11 am. Or, let me know where you would like to meet up.

Bruce

Bruce, we're going to head out around 1pm from the MV hotel. IIRC, it's just down the street a bit.

Marty...I'll have the sidecar rig for your motoring pleasure...but you will have to fight Mrs. Knifemaker for the "THRONE" and I will bet on her..... :/

I'll be in the hot tub, let me know when she is not looking at the sidecar. :grin:

What hot tube??? At the MVI??????

Marty got the honeymoon suite :grin:

I'll be in the hot tub, let me know when she is not looking at the sidecar. :grin:

What hot tube??? At the MVI??????

Pics...or it didn't happen.

Wait...what...?

:grin: See ya'll there...one more day!

David

Bringing all of you up to date. Here's the latest on the gas situation as of Monday, the 6th.

From the Asheville paper.

Nearly a month after gas shortages began plaguing the mountains, the situation is improving but supplies still remain spotty.

The trademark sign of a station out of gas—pumps covered in plastic bags—is still visible around the Asheville metro area more than a month after two hurricanes shut down 15 Gulf Coast refineries. That contributed to the shortage in the mountains, as well as local suppliers' almost exclusive reliance on terminals in Spartanburg, S.C. for their supply.

Buncombe County Emergency Services Director Jerry VeHaun said this morning that 70 to 80 percent of the stations in the Asheville and Buncombe County have gas.

“We’re in better shape than we were last week, but we’re not out of the woods yet,” VeHaun said. “It’s going to take another couple of weeks to get things back to normal, but we’re doing better. The stations are getting a little inventory in the ground. That’s been a real concern.”

AAA Carolinas Spokeswoman Carol Gifford said this morning that the Charlotte area and the mountains are still experiencing outages at some stations but overall the supply is getting better. It likely will take another week or more to return to normal.

“But people should expect that we’re still resolving the issue, and we’ve not built up any kind of inventory in the ground," Gifford said. "Deliveries come in, and the allocations are less than expected, so they run through their entire supply.”

Not so bad,

Bruce

Bruce (or anyone else that might have information)

Any word on the situation in the Gatlinburg area? I was thinking about coming down that way (so I could go through the Park on my way in) but also so I could get gas there before hitting the 'dry area'.

Thanks!

Jim

Lone_RT_rider
Tick, Tick, Tick, Tick dam clocks, is it time yet?

:lurk:

Jeeeeeeeeeese.... you guys are killing me! I half thought about asking my new boss to leave on Wed after work, but the little voice in the back of my head kept muttering something to the effect of "you moron, your just lucky to have a job.... keep your mouth shut!". Everyone have fun and be safe! I will see you at the brat fest. :thumbsup::clap:

:lurk:

We're officially inside 24 hours now!

Keith, you have a PM w/my number in it... Call me along the way and we'll work out a BBQ rendezvous with the Knifemakers...

I'll be leaving early Wed morning!

Of course it's a long way for me, and I like to take the scenic route to make it even longer!

I don't expect to arrive untill late Thurs evening.

Now if I can just keep my mind on work for the rest of the day!

Andy.

Maggie Valley weather for Friday, Saturday and Sunday looks like 75 degrees and partly cloudy. Beautiful weather ahead and great riding! Is it time yet?

Bruce

Archived