IGNORED

Blue Ridge Rendezvous - October 10th - 12th

Lone_RT_rider

All packed and ready to go. Blast off at 7:30am Thursday morning. Can't wait to get up there and do a bunch of riding, eat some brats, have a few adult beverages, and meet all you guys. See ya there. :wave:

DavidEBSmith

It looks like I don't have a roommate, if there's anybody who doesn't have plans yet. I'll be rolling in tomorrow night.

This sent by e-mail and I was ordered to post it.

"What am I going to do w/my Obama bumper stickers now?

I'll get you my little spin, and your little dog too..."

wizardofzwitchmelt1.JPG

:lurk:

"What am I going to do w/my Obama bumper stickers now?

Mail them to me, I have some extra space on the inside of the trashbag in my waste can. They'll look good next to the McCain stickers. :grin:

If you look further down the ballot, I think there is a line that says...I Pass! :grin:

Little rain in hotlanta now/see you all this afternoon.

It sounds like the Maggie Valley Inn is the BRR headquarters, but I have not been able to locate any kind of schedule for the weekend. It it pretty loose? I live in the area and am going to sleep at home with my wife.

I have already signed up for the Saturday night dinner, but do I need to sign up ahead of time for the rides? How do I know when they leave?

Feel free to link me to somewhere else if this information is out there already.

Thanks,

Jay

Lone_RT_rider
It sounds like the Maggie Valley Inn is the BRR headquarters, but I have not been able to locate any kind of schedule for the weekend. It it pretty loose? I live in the area and am going to sleep at home with my wife.

I have already signed up for the Saturday night dinner, but do I need to sign up ahead of time for the rides? How do I know when they leave?

Feel free to link me to somewhere else if this information is out there already.

Thanks,

Jay

Hey there Jay!

The rides are very, very loosely organized. People gather over beverages the night before and discuss where they are going to ride the next day. We have some routes posted here that are both in GPS and PDF form for the people that don't have a GPS. Somebody from each of the groups will usually pic one the routes as a starting point and go from there, or they may just plan to do their own thing. The groups can be anywhere from 1 to 7 or so people. Some people have been riding together for years, others met the night before.

We keep the structure like this for a reason. We want this to be a really relaxing weekend and we want you to ride at your own pace. Come by the MVI on Friday around 6 or 7 PM for the brat fest and I will introduce you to a few people. Matt will be leading the brat fest, say hello and maybe he can help you out to. For now....it's back to work for me. I will see you this weekend!

Shawn

Finally getting my act together. Reservations made just for Thur and Fri night. Christine will be joining me.

I don't know about having your act together, but it'll be good to see Christine :D

+1 :grin:

Looking forward to seeing you both!! :clap:

That is why I took off the whole week. I knew I could not work. Will be packing tomorrow, and on the road Thrusday AM. See you guys on Friday.

Hey John, I took off the whole week also. See you on friday.

Smart alec!! :grin:

About 17 hours 'til takeoff for me!! See all you loons tomorrow afternoon/evening!! :thumbsup:

Back home Saturday nite.

Had a great time meeting and talking with many of the folks who rode up to Maggie Valley.

Thanks, and see you next ride!

Just got home about 45min ago. Had a long but awesome day of riding.....Maggie Valley to York, PA in 13 hours and I only spent about 20 min on the highway.

Got another ticket in VA.....I'm a slow learner :dopeslap:

Shawn, Matt, and Dianne.......thanks for all the work of setting everything up. I had a great time and hope to see everyone next year.

Just got home about 20 min ago!

Left Maggie Valley at 7:00 this morning. According to my GPS, 868 miles covered in 15.5 hours. 2 hours of that was stopped time so really 13.5 hours of riding!

Of course almost all of it was on the highway, so not as interesting as the ride down.

Once again I had a fantastic time!

Nice to meet everyone again, and few new people as well!

Thanks again Shawn, Matt and Dianne!

Was wondering what happened with Mitch and his mysterious clutch problem. Any updates?

Andy.

From a relative noob here and the first BRR for me, thanks everyone for a great time!

It was great meeting everyone (knew only one before going) and riding with the dangerous duo up to Pisgah on the BRP for lunch, then trio down. Someone we met at the top was crazy enough to ride down with us... :grin:

Did some twistie riding Sunday with a neat group then rode home thru N. Ga. twisties most of the way home Monday.

Let me know if you're ever in Huntsville and the least you'll get is a free lunch. Thanks again,

Jim :wave:

From a relative noob here and the first BRR for me, thanks everyone for a great time!

It was great meeting everyone (knew only one before going) and riding with the dangerous duo up to Pisgah on the BRP for lunch, then trio down. Someone we met at the top was crazy enough to ride down with us... :grin:

Did some twistie riding Sunday with a neat group then rode home thru N. Ga. twisties most of the way home Monday.

Let me know if you're ever in Huntsville and the least you'll get is a free lunch. Thanks again,

Jim,

Glad you had such a great time. As for "dangerous" ... don't know what you're talking about! :grin:

Careful about offering free meals ... there's a good number of folks here who have been known to ride great lengths for free food :/

I would never tell who the duo really is, but suspect you know them.... :grin:

As for lunch...I only use Jiffy PB&J...none of that Peter Pan junk... :thumbsup:

See ya next go 'round! :)

Al Navecky Jr

Somehow I missed the post for the BRR and I was there. I met one of the members at the Wheels Through Time. I stopped in Maggie Valley on my back home from Mariette GA just to go to the museum. I will need to keep a closer watch on this forum.

Huh? What? Who's dangerous??? :) :) :)

It was great riding with you!!! And thanks for the tips and for the delicious almost breakfast!

Cheryl

Huh? What? Who's dangerous??? :) :) :)

It was great riding with you!!! And thanks for the tips and for the delicious almost breakfast!

Cheryl

Great riding with you too, Cheryl. I suppose there was a "dangerous trio" in reality but it sure was fun... :thumbsup: Breakfast was very light but the lunch was good!! Hope to ride with ya again! Maybe the dangerous trio again?? :grin:

Archived