IGNORED

Blue Ridge Rendezvous - October 10th - 12th

Lone_RT_rider

That is why I took off the whole week. I knew I could not work. Will be packing tomorrow, and on the road Thrusday AM. See you guys on Friday.

That is why I took off the whole week. I knew I could not work. Will be packing tomorrow, and on the road Thrusday AM. See you guys on Friday.

Hey John, I took off the whole week also. See you on friday.

Nice n Easy Rider

This just came out. It sounds like gas should be available but not necessarily at every station. Might want to make sure the tank doesn't get too low between stops. I'm not able to make it but hope everyone has great rides and stays safe.

Gas shortages linger in Western N.C.

Gas hunt: Some stations still dry, others not

Posted: Today at 8:44 a.m.

Updated: 20 minutes ago

ASHEVILLE, N.C. — Some signs of the gas shortage haven't disappeared in North Carolina's mountains despite increased deliveries of fuel.

Most gas stations have fuel and operators say the situation is greatly improved, but some area pumps still sport plastic bags showing there isn't fuel in them, The Asheville Citizen-Times reported Tuesday.

Buncombe County emergency services director Jerry VeHaun said Monday that 70 to 80 percent of the county's stations had gas. Some stations remained closed, however.

"It's going to take another couple of weeks to get things back to normal, but we're doing better," VeHaun said. "The stations are getting a little inventory in the ground."

The shortages began after hurricanes shut down refineries along the Gulf coast and squeezed off supplies to a pipeline that serves central and western North Carolina.

"As of (Monday) morning, 16 of our 55 stations were out of gas," said Ron Freeman, chief financial officer at Ingles Markets, an area supermarket chain.

"Our buying has been steady, but still at reduced rates. What we're getting is selling quickly, but without long lines. We're starting to see more premium (grade fuel) as well."

Florida resident Iain Calder, who rents a home in Lake Toxaway each year, said the shortages baffled him.

"I don't understand why the government and local politicians haven't addressed this," Calder said.

Scott Shealy, vice president of Citizens Fuel Co., which operates 10 stations in the Asheville area and supplies another 15, said supplies still were tight at the South Carolina terminals from which fuel is brought to the mountains.

"I think we're still at a point where everything that is coming in is, by and large, going into vehicles as opposed to going into underground storage tanks," Shealy said.

Steve Baker, spokesman for Colonial Pipeline, the company that moves fuel north from the Gulf area, said the pipeline to the Carolinas was running at a higher than usual rate.

AAA Carolinas spokeswoman Carol Gifford said the Charlotte area and the mountains are still the hardest hit. It likely will take another week or more to return to normal.

"But people should expect that we're still resolving the issue, and we've not built up any kind of inventory in the ground," she said.

That's it, between the two of you, I'm gonna go crazy! You both are penalized 2 round of drinks each for unnecessary roughness!

That's it, between the two of you, I'm gonna go crazy! You both are penalized 2 round of drinks each for unnecessary roughness!

How about I buy you two rounds of drinks for working...... :grin:

How about I buy you two rounds of drinks for working...... :grin:

works for me!!!!!

Joe Frickin' Friday
T-minus 58 minutes till liftoff.......er, I mean getting out of town.

Whoohoo....Baltimore/DC beltways here I come :eek:

Have a good trip; see you tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Paul Mihalka
T-minus 58 minutes till liftoff.......er, I mean getting out of town.

Whoohoo....Baltimore/DC beltways here I come :eek:

Keith, sent you a PM. Seeya and all the other guys/gals in Maggie on Friday.

FYI-

Yesterday I rode through the Smokey Mountain National Park, the Dragon and the Cherohala and gas was not hard to find around those areas. Some stations didn't have premium, but overall there was plenty of gas available.

I'm still hoping to make it up there for Saturday night but it's not looking too good. :(

Mike

Looks like things are aligning for me at work so I am in.

Just booked a room.

Is there still time to get in on the group dinner, or is it too late?

Lone_RT_rider
Is there still time to get in on the group dinner, or is it too late?

Art,

PM Tom K and ask if you can send him the 21 dollars (paypal?). He had paid for Dave Cantin's dinner money and Dave had to cancel.

Shawn

Lone_RT_rider
I'm still hoping to make it up there for Saturday night but it's not looking too good. :(

Mike

You do realize that if you fail to make BRR you are in for some polite ribbing at Chris K's tech day on Nov 1?.....right? :grin::thumbsup:

Packing tomorrow............ :thumbsup: And you all need to be sweet to the SO. Go up and start talking etc..........I want to come back you know........ :grin:

Melanie and Beth will be asked back.

You and me, not so sure... :grin:

Was there gas at the Tale of the Dragon?

Robbinsville?

Tellico Plains?

Just want to anticipate, or take my No Spill gallon container along. :lurk:

Mike

You do realize that if you fail to make BRR you are in for some polite ribbing at Chris K's tech day on Nov 1?.....right? :grin::thumbsup:

Polite Hell! Mike get your butt in gear!

Alan

Brats have been through beer therapy, vidalia onions cooked. Side dishes prepared.

All we need to do is buy the bread when we get there and we'll have us a meal!

I am so bummed! I just received a phone call from my leader and Chairman who requested (read, ordered), my presence in Denver at our headquarters for a partnership meeting. I leave on Thursday and will miss the BRR. I have been looking forward to this for months.

Please offer my dinner to someone who may have not been able to pay as my gift to the event. Of course I lost the deposit as well but it's so late in the game I couldn't argue with them.

I hope to meet you all again on the next go round and regret missing this opportunity.

Bruce

Lone_RT_rider

Bruce,

Sorry this has come up like this. I know every job is different and these are tough times in the workplace, but I would at least try to get your company to cover the deposit on the room for yanking you around like this. Good luck in Denver, see you soon hopefully.

Shawn

Leaving tomorrow morning to see my Brother in Carmel Indiana, then hooking up with Eebie and Rich (unless Rich lights out early) late Thursday morning. Will see everyone Thursday evening.

:Cool:

I will be flying to San Diego on Saturday. The BRR will probably not be any fun anyway, I'm not missing much, boy those grapes sure look sour.

Seriously though have a great time everybody. wish I could make it. On the bright side I get to meet up with some of the So Cal folks. Post lots of pics so I can be really depressed that I missed it. :cry:

Ride lots, Ride Safe, Have FUN :wave:

Joe Frickin' Friday

T - minus 8 hours 20 minutes and counting. Weather looks like crap all the way down to Knoxville and then some, but I suppose this is why we buy rain gear.

I'll see some of you Wednesday night; I'll see the rest of you whenever you get there. :thumbsup:

Since I haven't booked yet and would rather share the cost, does anyone need a roommate for Fri and Sat night?

FYI: The Maggie Valley Inn has plenty of rooms left for our BRR.

I've been holding out, hoping things would change with my schedule of college visits for my daughter, but it just hasn't worked out. I'm going to have to miss this one. You folks be careful and have a great time. I'll hope to see you in the spring.

Y'all take it easy on Matt.

Don't give him too much grief for losing one of his nuts. :dopeslap:

Wish I could be there to watch him explain THIS one. :grin:

I've been holding out, hoping things would change with my schedule of college visits for my daughter, but it just hasn't worked out. I'm going to have to miss this one. You folks be careful and have a great time. I'll hope to see you in the spring.

Jim we will miss you, hope you can make it in the spring!

Alan

Well, it looks like I will be missing this one. Our oldest daughter is a Senior in high school this year and decided that she was going to homecoming after all. I am going to do the "Mom" thing and be home to take pictures. She asked me to go to the game with her on Friday too, so I might just do that as well. Since she will probably bolt as soon as graduation is over, I think I should try to spend as much time with her this year as possible. :dopeslap:

You guys have fun without me... oh wait... What am I saying?? Of course you will! :thumbsup: I want pictures! :grin:

:lurk:

I'm afraid that we are out. It turns out that it's a bittersweet thing. A large job we were supposed to have under our belt by the end of August is just now coming to fruition. I'll have to work the next day or two to finalize all the bids and sign the agreement. It's worth about a years income for us in one job, so needless to say, "I'll take the stack of cash behind door number one, Monty." Sorry I'm going to miss you guys.

Matt and Shawn, please donate our Saturday dinners to someone who might have missed the deadline.

Lone_RT_rider
Hi Steve,

Good news on the new work :clap:

Hope to see you soon in Atlanta or at another gathering.

Ken

Your right Steve, very bitter sweet. You'll be missed...but its all for the greater good in this economy. Get it while you can. :thumbsup:

My vote is that we all meet in Charleston, SC in mid November for Dinner on the Market... And desert at Kiminky's :)

Shawn

Steve, go for the gold. Shawn, I'm in for the november dinner if I can score a bed. :grin:

Leaving in the am.

We're holed up in Hillville, VA. We rode through rain for several hours along the Blueridge Parkway and VA 221. This was after the sidecase fell off the GS . . . :eek:

Tried to call Maggie Valley Inn for a room tonight, but it must have been siesta time, or happy hour since they didn't answer their phone. So we stopped here.

Hoping for a relatively dry ride in.

See y'all tomorrow.

Thanks guys. I think it's going to be well worth it to have sat this one out. These opportunities only come by every once and a while.

Shawn, I like the Charleston idea. Let's do it. :thumbsup:

Have fun everyone. Have a drink for me.

Archived