IGNORED

Blue Ridge Rendezvous - October 10th - 12th

Lone_RT_rider

Hey Twisties, If you beat the woods for a H/D dealer that will rent a buell, you will really have a blast with one of those in the twisties. Only the XB12X or XB12XT (new model for 08) have bags tho. The X model does not come with bags, but they might have one fitted out. If can't find a bagger, go with the XB12STT same wheelbase/frame as the X. Several dealers rent buells I believe.

They also have INSIDE PASS at track days and you get a buell, this is all over the country. Got one going on in Denton, Tx the week I am going ELK hunting, last week in Sept, Rats! Seems my hunting is always interring with my motorcycles.

Count the newbie In!

Thanks! Cheryl :)

Whew, thank God! We need more chicks. Sometimes these guys get to be too much. :grin::wave:

Should be sweet as long as these old farts don't make us sit at the kids table :grin:

Haaa! The kids table is more funnerer! :D

It also stays awake past 10:00pm

peepwall.gif

The kids table gets dessert first...right?? And someone to cut the crust of our sandwiches??? :dopeslap:

Can we just leave now and take two months to get there?

Can we just leave now and take two months to get there?

IN!!

After doing the class in Morganton this weekend I am soooo ready to be up there. Or, at least move closer.

Can't wait!

Coming back from Morganton, we passed an Indian dealership being built. Maybe we should explore the opportunity to see the factory in NC. If you are interested, let us know, and meaybe we could put something together.

OK, I'm in if Alabama trash is allowed to be there....

Shannon, I'll ride around with you Sunday if you're willing to be seen around me.... :grin:

I am keen on going to the BRR but my SO does not want to go.

Would anyone be interested in sharing the cost of a hotel room with me?

Also, I live in Columbia, MD and am wondering if anyone around this area would like to ride down together. I am somewhat flexible on my schedule and can leave a day or so early and/or return a day or so late.

This would be my first BMWRT outing (after mostly lurking for about 3 years).

Ed,

Doesn't want to ride, or doesn't want to feel out of place?

Lots of good folks and there are many lovely ladies who attend.

Hi Neighbor!

I am waiting to find out if my SO can attend or not. If she can, we may be trailing the bike down ... and maybe not. If we don't, or I go it alone, lets talk about riding together.

+1 on what Tim said.

There will be many wives and sweethearts there (as long as they don't meet!) as well as a few non-riders just coming to enjoy the group (my mother in law for example) so there's plenty of people for her to meet and talk to who are more obsessed with leaves and local flavor than tire/oil brands or lean angles.

Ty,

I'm pretty sure I'm going.. most likely I'll make my reservation over the weekend. Hopefully you and your honey will go, but if that doesn't work out then PM me.

Matt,

I did mention to my wife that there will be a wider group than just gear heads. Between the long ride and not knowing anyone, this is not in her comfort zone. I respect that.

Like I posted above... I most likely will make the sojourn.

Thanks

We hosted one at my house before the April event. Anyone need any work done before the Rendezvous?

I'm going to do tires, TBS and 0=0 on both of our bikes, anybody else want to do this? Mid September maybe?

Bummer,

I am officially out. I will be on my way to San Diego for work that very same weekend. Ride Hard, Drink Safe, Have Fun.

Post lots of pictures.

motorman587
We hosted one at my house before the April event. Anyone need any work done before the Rendezvous?

I'm going to do tires, TBS and 0=0 on both of our bikes, anybody else want to do this? Mid September maybe?

Are you any good with an LT needing the 54K service??? I believe that is a light service. I have not clue...

Bring it on over, John.

We'll do something to it. :grin:

And worst case, I have a trailer you can take it home on...

Bring it on over, John.

.....or you could ride back "Beotch" with me! :grin:

Lone_RT_rider
I just made my hotel reservation for my 'first ever' bmwst event. I'm looking forward to good riding and conversation.

Ed,

It will good to have you there. :) Make sure you say hello to as many people as you can. I know there were people from last springs event that I never got a chance to shake hands with. See you in October! :)

Shawn

Bring it on over, John.

.....or you could ride back "Beotch" with me! :grin:

OK, never mind.............Do it myself......... :mad:

I just made my hotel reservation for my 'first ever' bmwst event. I'm looking forward to good riding and conversation.

Ed,

It will good to have you there. :) Make sure you say hello to as many people as you can. I know there were people from last springs event that I never got a chance to shake hands with. See you in October! :)

Shawn

Excellent advice.

Goes for everyone.

Walk up and introduce yourself.

Some of us forget names and faces.

If you remember someone, don't assume they do.

Walk up and say "hey, I'm so and so, good to see you again" or "Hi, I'm ( :Cool:) nice to meet you."

Then buy them a beverage. :/

Hey Matt,

Don't know that I'm gonna make the BRR but can make a Tech session on the weekend of 13-14 Sept.

Don't need anything done just want to observe and learn...

Rick

No problems Rick, come on over. We'll put you in the Marty Hill Supervisory Chair and you can watch over the foolishness.

Some friends in an old bar band I used to hang around with would do that...

The singer would close his eyes to do an ESP experiment. While he did that the guitar and bassist would flip the guitars over and "Buy us a beer" was painted on the backs of the instruments...

To whet everyone's appetite, I've put together a little video from the Spring BRR. This will give a little taste of what it was like. It was my first BMWST.com event and it was a blast. I can't wait for the fall version. :thumbsup:

The video is split into two parts to fit in YouTube's format. If you click on the "watch in high quality" link under the video, the pictures are even clearer.

The video clips are courtesy of Andy (HandyAndy). He came up with a really clever mount for his camera and all the video was shot by him at the Spring BRR. I'm the guy in yellow and black on the R1100S and Andy is following me on his RT.

Please ignore (or start a Ride Well thread :grin::grin:) the less than sterling riding form and occasional poor choice of line on my part. :dopeslap: With the help of a couple members on this board, I've been working on those... :thumbsup:

I think the videos really give you a taste of the kinds of roads that exist in that little piece of motorcycling heaven in western North Carolina and Tennessee.

Thanks Andy for letting me play with your video! :clap:

The still photos are from all of you. They were posted on the ride tale BRR thread.

I look forward to seeing you all again in the fall.

David

Lone_RT_rider

Thanks for putting that together David. :) We just sat around and watched it with the girls, they loved it.

Shawn

Kick butt David!

It's so nice to have our own videographer in the mix. Heck, you may start a cottage industry selling videos of BMWST events!

Archived