IGNORED

Blue Ridge Rendezvous - October 10th - 12th

Lone_RT_rider

Thanks Shawn, you picked the only weekend in Oct. that I have to be overseas! You all have a great time without me.

motorman587

Thursday night be staying at the Dillard House, Dragon run on Friday AM, will be there Friday night. You guys, if lucky, will meet the one an only "Mrs Motorman". :thumbsup:

Lone_RT_rider
In, arriving Wednesday evening.

About time...... you had me worried. :eek: Let me know how much my half of Masako's birthday present is... :dopeslap:

Chris, I threw a dart and thats where it landed. Sorry about that. And don't let Marty kid you, he never has any fun anyway.

Man this is shaping up to be a good crowd... We may not have to call the cops after all. :grin:

Shawn

Man this is shaping up to be a good crowd... We may not have to call the cops after all. :grin:

Shawn

Yeah, but they're comin anyway!

Thanks Shawn, you picked the only weekend in Oct. that I have to be overseas! You all have a great time without me.

We will :grin:

Same weekend as LL's BD.

We'll see what she wants to do.

Hint; Maggie Valley is her favorite place on earth. :Cool:

Well, we know that you aren't! :wave:

Obviously, Jamie hasn't stopped swooning yet. :grin:

Same weekend as LL's BD.

Noted, Danny is at the Probably Inn.

Man, you'd think that he'd learn...

steve.foote

BTW, for those of you who haven't visited the Wheels Through Time museum, you still have a chance. They have extended the closing date for their move to Arizona until November 15th.

Wheels Through Time

Hey Chris, will it help if we promise not to have any fun? :grin:

You bring the Tequila?!?

Will it help me not have fun? If so, sure I'll bring some.

Lone_RT_rider
Same weekend as LL's BD.

Noted, Danny is at the Probably Inn.

Man, you'd think that he'd learn...

Your kidding....right? :eek::grin:

Shawn

DavidEBSmith

Anybody sticking around Sunday night?

Columbus Day is one of the advantages of being an evil government bureaucrat.

David, we're talking about it, I have the time off too, and the hotel said they'd extend our rate (currently about 3/4 of what the rest of the hotels are charging) for that Sunday if people wanted to stay.

I was planning to take of Monday as well, but that was because I am considering leaving Sunday and splitting the ride home into 2 days so I don't have to slab it the whole way.

If you bring the Tequilla, you will be the story! :grin:

Aren't you s'posered to be working?

Made reservations for Friday/Saturday.

Don't know if we can get there before "after midnight" Friday, which would make it Saturday, so we'll see what the weather and disposition bring.

May not actually arrive until Saturdayday.

smkymtntaco

You don't have to bring tequila, up here you can get gen-u-wine "Clear liquor".

Guess I'll just watch the leaves change color till you guys get up here.

Aren't you s'posered to be working?

I am working......I'm Watching you! As for the the tequila, I don't drink the stuff.

You don't have to bring tequila, up here you can get gen-u-wine "Clear liquor".

Now that's more my speed :grin:

Joe Frickin' Friday
Anybody sticking around Sunday night?

Columbus Day is one of the advantages of being an evil government bureaucrat.

Oh, SNAP! I forgot about that!!!

It would be nice, but I'll already be gone for Masako's birthday. Need to be home Sunday, with some flowers at the ready... :/ I guess I'll just enjoy Columbus Day as a nice day off at home. :Cool:

Well ... don't know if I can get you a "Get Outta Jail Free" Card ... but I can definitely show you a place or two for a good meal and/or cocktails! :Cool:

These dates work perfectly!! I'm In; will plan to arrive Friday; and wouldn't mind riding Sunday then heading home Monday!

Woo Hoo!! :clap:

We will :grin:

Thanks guys, I feeling the love!

IN!!! :clap:

Let me know about riding Sunday.... since I work for a bank, we also get Monday off.

Of course I should point out Monday is Thanksgiving for Canadians so I'll need to find some turkey for dinner.... as opposed to all the turkeys I'll be riding with at the event. :dopeslap:

Jim

I'm IN! Once again joining my roommate extraordinare OoPEZoO.

Also willing to throw my hat in the ring for helping out with the cookout. :lurk:

I'm IN! Once again joining my roommate extraordinare OoPEZoO.

Also willing to throw my hat in the ring for helping out with the cookout. :lurk:

YEAAAA Now we're talking!!! :thumbsup: Should be sweet as long as these old farts don't make us sit at the kids table :grin:

Should be sweet as long as these old farts don't make us sit at the kids table :grin:

Haaa! The kids table is more funnerer! :D

Should be sweet as long as these old farts don't make us sit at the kids table :grin:

Haaa! The kids table is more funnerer! :D

It also stays awake past 10:00pm

peepwall.gif

Hmmmm,

I seem to remember it was us old folks dancing past 10 and the whippersnappers were

well,

sleeping_monkey2.jpg

all tucked in.

steve.foote

Yep, that's him alright. Man, don't let Beth see this pic. If she finds out that Tim's been dancing with other women, he's gonna get it for sure.

Yep, that's him alright. Man, don't let Beth see this pic. If she finds out that Tim's been dancing with other women, he's gonna get it for sure.

tim always has that smile on his face. just a happy fella...except after after the UF/FSU game. :)

Someone finally got Tim with a pic. He has done it to me at least 50 times and it is his turn now. :grin:

By the way Tim, it looks like your getting a bit shorter.

:lurk:

I already knew I was IN, but now the reservation has been officially made, the work and home boss's have been informed, and I'm counting down the days.

Checking in Wed night......checking out Sunday with the intention of a 2 day back road romp home :thumbsup:

just a happy fella...except after after the UF/FSU game.

He should still be happy after all THE BETTER TEAM WON...GOOOOOOOO GATORS :)

Someone finally got Tim with a pic. He has done it to me at least 50 times and it is his turn now. :grin:

By the way Tim, it looks like your getting a bit shorter.

:lurk:

Shorter, and better looking. :grin:

What's the officially accepted terminology around here, "Probably In" or "Hmmmmmmmmm"? :D

Bullett and I are working on it. It's looking pretty good! Right now it's looking like a fly and ride. We have tickets we need to use, I owe my family in JAX a visit, we have friends in Tampa we'd like to drop in on, etc.

We'll probably fly in to TPA or JAX and out somewhere else closer to Maggie Valley. We'd like to rent bikes from the fly out location. Obviously we can find HD's to rent most anywhere, but we'd really prefer to get sport-tourers or enduros (GS's). We're not doing too well on Google finding those. So, anyone have any thoughts on where to rent some bikes?

Jan

What's the officially accepted terminology around here, "Probably In" or "Hmmmmmmmmm"? :D

Bullett and I are working on it. It's looking pretty good! Right now it's looking like a fly and ride. We have tickets we need to use, I owe my family in JAX a visit, we have friends in Tampa we'd like to drop in on, etc.

We'll probably fly in to TPA or JAX and out somewhere else closer to Maggie Valley. We'd like to rent bikes from the fly out location. Obviously we can find HD's to rent most anywhere, but we'd really prefer to get sport-tourers or enduros (GS's). We're not doing too well on Google finding those. So, anyone have any thoughts on where to rent some bikes?

Jan

Sorry Jan, I have a trademark on the "Probably Inn". I'll loan it out to ya, though.

So, you have family in Jax? And they claim you? :grin:

If you want to rent a bike, Matt has a garage full that I'm glad to offer up. Just let us know.

It would be great if ya'll (southern speak for you & Sharon) could make it. Ya'll need to see what real curves are all about. :grin:

Jan

Sorry Jan, I have a trademark on the "Probably Inn". I'll loan it out to ya, though.

So, you have family in Jax? And they claim you? :grin:

If you want to rent a bike, Matt has a garage full that I'm glad to offer up. Just let us know.

It would be great if ya'll (southern speak for you & Sharon) could make it. Ya'll need to see what real curves are all about. :grin:

Well then, "Probably Inn"

I'm going to call Eaglerider in Knoxville Monday. Looks like they have an ST1300.... if they have two it should work out.... although Sharon is talking about a tat and a StreetGlyde. :D

Thanks Bruce for the Action Cycle link. Been trading email with them all weekend. Looks like we could get an 1150 RT and a '93 K1100 ?. Otherwise they don't really have anything with side cases. Don't know about renting a '93, and he says it has brake issues. The nearest GS I could find is in DC, a bit long but maybe worth it..... :thumbsup:

Jan

Seriously, I hope ya'll can make it.

We'll show you what REAL riding is all about.

Sweepers? We don't need no stinking sweepers!

106991127_KXbSe-L.jpg

Trust me, you'll LOVE it! :thumbsup:

Seriously, I hope ya'll can make it.

We'll show you what REAL riding is all about.

Sweepers? We don't need no stinking sweepers!

106991127_KXbSe-L.jpg

Trust me, you'll LOVE it! :thumbsup:

We're pretty excited!

Great pic, btw.

steve.foote

Jan, I just want you to know that if you don't make it, I'm going to be talking trash about you, so you better cement those plans in order to defend your honor.

:grin:

Jan, I just want you to know that if you don't make it, I'm going to be talking trash about you, so you better cement those plans in order to defend your honor.

:grin:

:D

Archived