IGNORED

Blue Ridge Rendezvous - October 10th - 12th

Lone_RT_rider

Count the newbie In!

Thanks! Cheryl :)

Whew, thank God! We need more chicks. Sometimes these guys get to be too much. :grin::wave:

Okay....this chickie is now official! Reservations made!

Cheryl

Count the newbie In!

Whew, thank God! We need more chicks. Sometimes these guys get to be too much. :grin::wave:

Cheryl

Good stuff!! :clap: Glad to see another gal joining the madness ---See you there! :wave:

Count the newbie In!

Cheryl

Good stuff!! :clap: Glad to see another gal joining the madness ---See you there! :wave:

Chickie good ... ChickieS even better!! :dopeslap:

Count the newbie In!

Cheryl

Woo Hoo!!! It's official, I'm in ... and will be rooming with the new kid! :clap:

Wow, it's nice to finally have somebody to split the cost of a room with me!! :thumbsup:

(No offense Hoontang ... but I've only managed to get you to one event solo thus far :/ )

(No offense Hoontang ... but I've only managed to get you to one event solo thus far :/ )

I guess she can room with me then. :/

Oh..most likely In, but only for Thursday and Friday.

Reservations not made yet.

I guess she can room with me then. :/

:grin:

Lone_RT_rider

Dinner time!

Well, at least it's time to talk about the Saturday night dinner at BRR. I have posted the dinner info here. If you are planning on attending, please take a minute and head over to that thread and make your dinner payment. Thanks so much!

Shawn

I have been "lurking" on this site for for approximately seven months and I figured it is about time to jump into the fun. I am chomping at the bit to drive to the Blue Ridge Parkway and the BRR is the perfect opportunity to cure what ails me. Because this is my first post, I would like to give a brief history of how I came to own my RT. I live in Tallahassee, Fl. I had not owned a motorcycle for a number of years and I was getting the "itch." A neighbor sold me her Harley Sportster, which I thought would hold me over for awhile. Well, I had the Harley for about one year and I just did not enjoy riding it. I saw the new RT styling and fell in love. Brought my wife to Miller BMW a couple of times and drooled, resigned to knowing that it would be probably 3 or 4 years before I would get one, because the timing was bad. Fast forward to my 50th birthday this past November. My wife and my two beautiful daughters had the surprise of a lifetime in store for me. I won't bore you with the details of my birthday celebration, but much to my surprise, at one point in the day my family presented me with a beautiful brand new blue 07 RT. I currently have almost 8000 miles on it and have been taking trips that have allowed me to believe that it is time to take the big leap and make my way to Maggie Valley. The reason for writing this post is to ascertain if anyone from the Tallahassee or the north Florida area is going to the BRR. My thought is that I would leave on Thursday and make my way back on Sunday. I will make my way by myself if need be, but I have found a ride is much more enjoyable in the company of others. Thank you for indulging me with my story and I hope to see you all at the BRR.

The reason for writing this post is to ascertain if anyone from the Tallahassee or the north Florida area is going to the BRR.

Hey there Ron!! In answer to your question, "HELL YES!" I'm leaving either late Thursday night or very early Friday morning. Motorman587 is leaving Thursday morning and Talltim is leaving either Friday Night or very early Saturday Morning.

Ron - Welcome to a great group! :wave:

I also bought my used BMW from Dusty. He is great! There are several people here in Jacksonville going up. Monday after BRR is a federal holiday, so we haven't decided when we are leaving. Usually, we go up on Wednesday.

If you have not already done so, please call and make your reservations at the hotel. I don't know if they are starting to fill up. Just mention our group for the group rate.

Most importantly, while you are up there, please introduce yourself around as much as possible. We are a large group, and very friendly, but many of us only get to see each other a few times a year, so we get a little clingy.

Maybe we will see you before the rendezvous, if not, we will catch up with you in Maggie!

Ron,

Welcome.

Beth and I will probably leave Thursday after work or late afternoon.

Will ride up the road a bit and stay overnight leaving early Friday for Maggie Valley by backroads.

Want to get in early enough to enjoy Friday night Bratgoods.

Would depart Sunday early to return.

There may be some chaos going up as people may be leaving at different times but return should co-ordinate well.

When it gets closer to departure will have our ETD set and let y'all know.

Don't be afraid to fill out your profile.

Ron - Welcome to a great group! :wave:

Most importantly, while you are up there, please introduce yourself around as much as possible. We are a large group, and very friendly, but many of us only get to see each other a few times a year, so we get a little clingy.

Maybe we will see you before the rendezvous, if not, we will catch up with you in Maggie!

Hey ... who are you calling "clingy"??? :grin:

I wonder...

286178172_RBZaw-L.jpg

Man, that Marty Hill......He gets all the hot chicks! :clap:

(unlike others...who fantasize that they blow kisses at him)

Hee hee ... :grin:

(So, is anybody gonna give Danny a heads up that he's being maligned by his "friends" ... again???? :/ )

Hee hee ... :grin:

(So, is anybody gonna give Danny a heads up that he's being maligned by his "friends" ... again???? :/ )

You haven't figured out that Danny loves this stuff?

(unlike others...who fantasize that they blow kisses at him)

Fantasies aren't necessary when you're me.

285858088_vQtV4-L.jpg

Come to think of it ... he does end up in alot of threads this way, eh?? :/

(So, is anybody gonna give Danny a heads up that he's being maligned by his "friends" ... again????

I can feel the love, Shannon. Like a cold knife in the back. :/

Looking forward to more photo ops. :wave:

:lurk:

Come to think of it ... he does end up in alot of threads this way, eh?? :/

(So, is anybody gonna give Danny a heads up that he's being maligned by his "friends" ... again????

I can feel the love, Shannon. Like a cold knife in the back. :/

Looking forward to more photo ops. :wave:

Hey ... Blame it on Dianne!! :grin:

I'm looking forward to it too! See you in about a week & a half!! Woo Hoo!! :clap:

Fantasies aren't necessary when you're me.

Yeah, keep telling yourself that.:thumbsup:

The above is pure pity.....like being nice to a lost puppy until you take it to the pound to be put down! :grin:

Paul Mihalka

IN!!! :clap: Hotel reserved. Arrival Friday Bratwurst time.

Question: By Mapquest the hotel is almost at the intersection of rt. 19 and rt. 276, a bit on the north side of Maggie Valley. Is this correct?

Question: By Mapquest the hotel is almost at the intersection of rt. 19 and rt. 276, a bit on the north side of Maggie Valley. Is this correct?

Paul, that is correct, the hotel is on the north end of Maggie Valley and in sight of the intersection of 19/276.

I'll be at the grill that night, please come say hello!

Paul, that is correct, the hotel is on the north end of Maggie Valley and in sight of the intersection of 19/276.

I'll be at the grill that night, please come say hello!

Looking forward to seeing you again Paul! :Cool:

Awww ... come on ... I won't make you ride with Shawn & Mitch again, I promise!! :grin:

We'll miss you, but have fun anyway.

Hey All ... With this falling on a long weekend, I'm finally going to make a long overdue visit to a friend of mine who lives in Charlotte.

Anybody from the Charlotte area who's heading home that Sunday and would be willing to let me tag along?

In at the INN.

Roger I hope that we don't get so much time BSing at the bar this time as we did at the WV UN. :dopeslap: HA who the hell am I kidding, I'll save you a seat!

In at the INN.

Roger I hope that we don't get so much time BSing at the bar this time as we did at the WV UN. :dopeslap: HA who the hell am I kidding, I'll save you a seat!

oh no, forget the inside bar.......at the BRR, we do it right......outside at the tiki bar!

Inside, outside, its all good as long as you guy are there. :thumbsup:

IN!!!!

Just made reservations for Friday and Saturday nights, as per my usual trip to the EP/BRR I will spend Thursday night in Mountain City Tenn.

After doing a few runs thru Shady Valley I'll make my way to Maggie on Friday morning via Roan Mtn. Might have Ken M. from Tenn in tow on friday. If not I'll be hanging with Ed and his group of hooligans from the Triangle area.

Can't wait.

IN!!!!

Just made reservations for Friday and Saturday nights, as per my usual trip to the EP/BRR I will spend Thursday night in Mountain City Tenn.

After doing a few runs thru Shady Valley I'll make my way to Maggie on Friday morning via Roan Mtn. Might have Ken M. from Tenn in tow on friday. If not I'll be hanging with Ed and his group of hooligans from the Triangle area.

Can't wait.

There's now a motorcycle campground in Shady Valley that has two cabins. Last year he openned it up just for me after season's end. Super nice guy trying to make a living.

Lone_RT_rider

Calling all picture hounds!!!

I have a need for a couple of good quality pics from last Springs event, specifically the Friday Night Brat fest. If you have any of Matt in that apron, you get extra points and possibly a beer if the pic is funny enough. :grin::thumbsup:

Shawn

What's the officially accepted terminology around here, "Probably In" or "Hmmmmmmmmm"? :D

Bullett and I are working on it. It's looking pretty good! Right now it's looking like a fly and ride. We have tickets we need to use, I owe my family in JAX a visit, we have friends in Tampa we'd like to drop in on, etc.

We'll probably fly in to TPA or JAX and out somewhere else closer to Maggie Valley. We'd like to rent bikes from the fly out location. Obviously we can find HD's to rent most anywhere, but we'd really prefer to get sport-tourers or enduros (GS's). We're not doing too well on Google finding those. So, anyone have any thoughts on where to rent some bikes?

Jan

Sorry Jan, I have a trademark on the "Probably Inn". I'll loan it out to ya, though.

So, you have family in Jax? And they claim you? :grin:

If you want to rent a bike, Matt has a garage full that I'm glad to offer up. Just let us know.

It would be great if ya'll (southern speak for you & Sharon) could make it. Ya'll need to see what real curves are all about. :grin:

Well then, "Probably Inn"

I'm going to call Eaglerider in Knoxville Monday. Looks like they have an ST1300.... if they have two it should work out.... although Sharon is talking about a tat and a StreetGlyde. :D

Thanks Bruce for the Action Cycle link. Been trading email with them all weekend. Looks like we could get an 1150 RT and a '93 K1100 ?. Otherwise they don't really have anything with side cases. Don't know about renting a '93, and he says it has brake issues. The nearest GS I could find is in DC, a bit long but maybe worth it..... :thumbsup:

Jan

Jan, heres one more rental option if you want to fly into Charlotte. He rents V-Stroms. http://www.bluestradatours.com/ It's not mentioned in the website but that is what I am told. Good luck! :thumbsup:

Calling all picture hounds!!!

I have a need for a couple of good quality pics from last Springs event, specifically the Friday Night Brat fest. If you have any of Matt in that apron, you get extra points and possibly a beer if the pic is funny enough. :grin::thumbsup:

Shawn

T-shirt?

DSC01004.jpg

I love that shirt....

If you can't quite read it, it says "Rub Me, Smoke Me Pull Me"

DSC01004.jpg

I think you just like the reaction you got from Danny ... looks like he's moving in for a big ol' SMOOCH!! :grin:

I think you just like the reaction you got from Danny ... looks like he's moving in for a big ol' SMOOCH!! :grin:

He loves the sausage... :eek:

on the grill :/

Archived