IGNORED

2023 Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) - Sparta, NC Sept 20-24th

Indy Dave

...........we pay Bumbling Back Road Riders better, cause they're better people.......

:read:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Thinking 1

I would like to also mention, that if you haven’t ridden in a while, or are new to riding in the Appalachians, you may want to sharpen and refresh your riding skills a little. 

Here is a video that explains a very useful technique when riding on tiny country roads with lots of blind corners and the ever presence of the Un-expected.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I'm booked in to arrive Wednesday depart Sunday.  First timer riding two-up with wife Susan.  Very much looking forward to the rides, meeting everyone and the overall experience.  Planning to join the first timer intro on Wednesday evening.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, Bluenoser said:

I'm booked in to arrive Wednesday depart Sunday.  First timer riding two-up with wife Susan.  Very much looking forward to the rides, meeting everyone and the overall experience.  Planning to join the first timer intro on Wednesday evening.

Welcome, I am glad to see you and Susan will join us. I will add you two to the list for Thursday’s ride.

• Like 2
On 8/13/2023 at 8:57 AM, Indy Dave said:

One thing I did change this year, is trying to list people alphabetically by their board name, as opposed to the order in which they signed up.

just for the record, I have requested this for YEARS.  THANKS   :5147:  :clap:  :beer:  :18:

19 minutes ago, randy said:

just for the record, I have requested this for YEARS.  THANKS   :5147:  :clap:  :beer:  :18:

Yes you have, and it's understandable for your side of the screen.

In the "Back Office", however, it creates a lot more work - the names have to be re-sorted and re-pasted each time. Once re-pasted, there are always formatting issues which need to be corrected. When spouses are involved, that creates another issue - trying to keep couples/ family together, so they are shown as being together in the board name listing. While that may not seem critical, I think it's always good to have partners/ family listed together, so that when others are considering coming, it's fairly simple to look at the list and see how many other partners/familywill be there. In your specific case, Randy, I've tried to keep you and your uncle posted together.

And then from a practical standpoint, organizers really prefer to have alphabetized by last name, so there's another list to maintain.

My head hurts. :16:

Edited by Indy Dave
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Smile 2
  • Thinking 1
John Ranalletta
1 hour ago, Indy Dave said:

In the "Back Office", however, it creates a lot more work - the names have to be re-sorted and re-pasted each time. Once re-pasted, there are always formatting issues which need to be corrected. When spouses are involved, that creates another issue - trying to keep couples/ family together, so they are shown as being together in the board name listing. While that may not seem critical, I think it's always good to have partners/ family listed together, so that when others are considering coming, it's fairly simple to look at the list and see how many other partners/familywill be there. In your specific case, Randy, I've tried to keep you and your uncle posted together.

And then from a practical standpoint, organizers really prefer to have alphabetized by last name, so there's another list to maintain.

Maybe, if we all had a # instead...We could issue a cross-indexed listed of members with their numbers.

Attending this year are:

etc.

oops

etc.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Indy Dave said:

I was so excited that I was the first to post in and I would be at the top of the list, :27:

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
14 minutes ago, John Ranalletta said:

Maybe, if we all had a # instead...We could issue a cross-indexed listed of members with their numbers.

Attending this year are:

etc.

oops

etc.

Only if I can listen to the radio from 9 to 11.....

Edited by Indy Dave
  • Haha 2

Well Dave as you know it is all about me😀

And of course you are 100% correct 

I was doing the UnRally list by building location and by board name

it was a pain in the xxxxx 😀

• Thanks 1

So ya... Going Forward... I think we will probably revert to the original method, listing by sign up order.  BUT (I got the memo 😉 ) and at times, I'll also provide an alphabetical listing by board name. Especially as we get closer to the event.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
23 hours ago, Indy Dave said:

So ya... Going Forward... I think we will probably revert to the original method, listing by sign up order.  BUT (I got the memo 😉 ) and at times, I'll also provide an alphabetical listing by board name. Especially as we get closer to the event.

I will take that

👍

• Like 1

I live at the blue arrow, but will be 3000 miles away that week for work:classic_wacko:  Timing sucks for me sometimes

image.thumb.png.f7489b248ebf8204a5e31cd2007a7e3b.png

• Sad 3

I'll be there, staying in the RV again at a campground about 10 miles away. Arriving 20th and leaving 24th. Where do I pay for a meal or whatever. :)

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, David said:

I'll be there, staying in the RV again at a campground about 10 miles away. Arriving 20th and leaving 24th. Where do I pay for a meal or whatever. :)

I am glad you be able to join us again.

Please watch this thread for future posts about the Friday's meal and the charges.

Sign up for the Endobobs Famous Pizza night (Thursday Eve) is Wednesday eve by 8pm.

• Like 1
On 8/14/2023 at 1:48 PM, Indy Dave said:

Heck I’m just happy there is a list and I’m on it!!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, RTinNC said:

Heck I’m just happy there is a list and I’m on it!!

Ohh - Trust me, you're on a list all right!!! :wave:

• Smile 1
  • Haha 3
BerettaRacer

Well, the mighty K bike is on the way to the shop this morning for some maintenance on the rear suspension, after that she should be good to go.

Bought a small MIG welder the other day, and want to do some tweaks to the trailer, make it more user friendly.

And just bought a new Pioneer head unit for the car, hopefully install in the next week or so, so I can have some decent tunes.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, RTinNC said:

Funny my wife tells me I’m on “the list” too.

:4317:

No, she tells you that you have a "list",......to complete around the house:18:

• Like 2

There's a puzzle in my head
I'll spend a lifetime finding pieces
It'll take forever to put together
The square and the round
Something to prove I'm not hangin' around
Hangin' around

And now a puzzle for you . . . .

On 8/14/2023 at 12:26 PM, wbw6cos said:

Yeah, it removed my post entirely.  :dontknow:

:burnout:

You're number one in our hearts always William (and Laura too)!

• Thanks 1
10 hours ago, Indy Dave said:

IMG_7996.jpg.ca27007cf9a103cbbc1b10684c31ab5c.jpg

small.IMG_1809.JPG.803cb8a9eb97d1916c9fb4b4fa57f187.jpeg.2933c3f51001c3c416f430fd4ec0162f.jpeg

More pieces coming? 

Not sure what Dunlop valve stem caps have to do with our Bernie, but am thinking some uncorked home brew might be involved.........:18:

Anywhoo, a sincere thanks again to all the BBR "Angels" who work so hard for us!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 minute ago, BamaJohn said:

Not sure what Dunlap valve stem caps have to do with our Bernie, but am thinking some uncorked home brew might be involved.........:18:

Anywhoo, a sincere thanks again to all the BBR "Angels" who work so hard for us!

Bernie likes the Roadsmart tires,........mebbee that's the link

• Smile 1
  • Thinking 2
On 8/13/2023 at 8:57 AM, Indy Dave said:

One thing I did change this year, is trying to list people alphabetically by their board name, as opposed to the order in which they signed up.

BRILLIANT! Now why didn't I think of that? (Please don't answer that. It would just be stating the obvious! :4607:)

• Haha 2

Those high dollar valve stem caps will be a prize awarded to the one rider that has more cord showing at FART than Bernie does.  :dontknow:.   

........Different Stages.......

• Haha 1
  • Thinking 2
41 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

Those high dollar valve stem caps will be a prize awarded to the one rider that has more cord showing at FART than Bernie does.  :dontknow:.   

........Different Stages.......

Well William I am in process of changing tires now, but maybe they will be worn out by FART ? I just don’t know which one?

:4323:

• Like 1
  • Smile 2

I will have approximately 2,100 miles left on my tires when I leave for Sparta. 700 +/- miles for round trip, leaving 1,400 miles left for 3 days of Sport Touring, ART-style.  I figure cords will start showing on the ride home.  :yes:

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
6 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

I will have approximately 2,100 miles left on my tires when I leave for Sparta. 700 +/- miles for round trip, leaving 1,400 miles left for 3 days of Sport Touring, ART-style.  I figure cords will start showing on the ride home.  :yes:

Hope the "badge of honor" doesn't look like road rash!  Ride on, Brother.....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
16 hours ago, Indy Dave said:

IMG_7996.jpg.ca27007cf9a103cbbc1b10684c31ab5c.jpg

More pieces coming? 

4 hours ago, BamaJohn said:

We'll see tomorrow, won't we?!  My download finger's itching.......:whistle:

batmanriddle.jpg.91b172272a0455ba38e9e0c0b46cdad6.jpg

teasercollageR1.jpg.5da64ef72a13520f065212054f0855c6.jpg

• Like 2
2 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

That will be cutting it very close @wbw6cos  I wonder how much commission I can make on a set of tires from @Boxflyer for you. You better order early!:4296:

• Haha 1

Boy, you get lost miss a turn riding to one SECFF lunch and show up as everyone is leaving, they never let you hear the end of it.   :dontknow:   Next thing you know, Terry will be showing you pictures of me trying to splain my way out of it, with a lost puzzled look on my face.   :facepalm:

Classic!

(Love ya, Terry!!)

:grin:

• Like 3
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 1
terryofperry

Well William, wasn't planning on it but since you brought it up..."well Terry, I realized we were 50 miles west when I saw the "Welcome to Alabama" sign.

20200314_121044-01.thumb.jpeg.41302cffbd0a064f37e520d42369158e.jpeg

20200314_121043-01.thumb.jpeg.661b5a36613baedd6190af416ffa1f82.jpeg

Terry

• Like 5
  • Haha 4