IGNORED

2023 Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) - Sparta, NC Sept 20-24th

Indy Dave

SHIRT LINK:

Aug 19 Update: ROUTE THREAD LINK:

2023 FART Route Thread (Sparta, NC)

Aug 11 room availability update:

These rooms were still available as of Aug 11:
* 1 room on conference hall with two queen beds.   *1 room upstairs with 2 queen beds.   *3 rooms upstairs with 1 queen bed.

2023FARTSpartaannouncement.thumb.jpg.545c7104e18576440c681e521460d649.jpg

Hotel LINK (Select "Reservations and Availability"). Be sure to enter the rate code [BMWST4] (ALL CAPS) to show available rooms in our block):

https://alleghanyinn.com/

2023FARTSpartascheduleofevents.thumb.jpg.1ff8830b1c0f629b9a50a4094c91c481.jpg

As of Aug 11:

2023FARTSpartaWhosgoingP1Aug11R1.thumb.jpg.0e7852f971d8d8064bf139e4d9805a53.jpg

• Like 3
  • Indy Dave pinned and featured this topic
3 hours ago, Matts_12GS said:

Reservation made.  Bringing a friend and the second bike...

Welcome back! We've missed you!

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
2 minutes ago, Indy Dave said:

Welcome back! We've missed you!

It's been a long couple of years....   I'm glad to be back in the fold

• Like 2
  • Indy Dave changed the title to 2023 Fall Appalachian Riding Tour (FART) - Sparta, NC Sept 20-24th

Uncle Tom and I are in, arriving Thursday 7/20

and just an update, for those that may not know, Uncle Tom has decided his Harley was just too much.  He purchased it new from the dealer in 1999.  He has ridden that Harley for 24 years from California to Illinois to Tennesse, to Georgia, SC, NC etc.  He and that bike were a team.

But again, he really likes our group and wants to keep riding even if it is just 3 or 4 times a year when he attends a BMWST event.  So, we purchased a used 2013 R1200GS for Uncle Tom.  

So, at Sparta he will be on the GS.  If a FEW people could make a nice comment about how good he looks on the GS, I would appreciate it.  :-) 

R1200GSTom1.jpg

• Like 11
On 6/23/2023 at 11:45 AM, randy said:

and just an update, for those that may not know, Uncle Tom has decided his Harley was just too much.  He purchased it new from the dealer in 1999.  He has ridden that Harley for 24 years from California to Illinois to Tennesse, to Georgia, SC, NC etc.  He and that bike were a team.

But again, he really likes our group and wants to keep riding even if it is just 3 or 4 times a year when he attends a BMWST event.  So, we purchased a used 2013 R1200GS for Uncle Tom.  

So, at Sparta he will be on the GS.  If a FEW people could make a nice comment about how good he looks on the GS, I would appreciate it.  :-) 

R1200GSTom1.jpg

Great to have you both returning! And btw - you BOTH look great! :thumbsup:

On 6/23/2023 at 8:46 AM, Ron-M said:

In. Wednesday through Sunday

Looking forward to seeing you, Ron!

• Like 1

Hey great looking bike, Randy.   I used to love chasing that bike with my Shift Cam Power, Baby!   Now I have to work at it.  :whistle:   I will tell him personally, though.   :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

R1200GSTom1.jpg

Pretty sure I've seen the tail light of that GS as well.

• Smile 1

R1200GSTom1.jpg

As long as he says something nice about my Harley 

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Matts_12GS said:

As long as he says something nice about my Harley 

he will probably ask you to let him ride it 😀

1 minute ago, randy said:

he will probably ask you to let him ride it 😀

I'm OK with that.  I have 13 GS too.  We can compare notes 

IMG_7346.jpeg

• Like 1

It's an 08, 105th anniversary.

I would bring the GS, but since I am taking it to the UN, I want to play in the mountains with this one.  I promise not to start it before 0645 or run it after 2000.  I know that we gray beards need our rest 🤣🤣🤣🥃🥃🥃🥃

On 6/30/2023 at 5:58 PM, narcosis said:

In.  Wed - Sun

On 7/1/2023 at 5:11 PM, Folkdancer48 said:

I am also in, Dave.  In-Wednesday, Out-Sunday. Dick Williams ("Folkdancer 48") :bike:

On 7/2/2023 at 3:23 AM, ERdok said:

In!  Wed - Sun

21 hours ago, 9Mary7 said:

In Wed and leaving Sunday:18:

Ken, Dick, Rick and Alan - Great to have you back! :clap: 

As of July 3:

2023FARTSpartaWhosgoingP1July3R.thumb.jpg.919384adfe2553bda2b911a9fec9febb.jpg

10 minutes ago, VaR1200RT said:

In Wed-Sun.

This will be my second event with the group.

Charles

Glad to have you, Charles!

• Like 1

I just booked my hotel, arriving Wednesday, leaving Sunday. This is my first time coming and will be solo, hoping to join  some of the groups on their day rides.

• Like 6
17 minutes ago, Toronto99 said:

I just booked my hotel, arriving Wednesday, leaving Sunday. This is my first time coming and will be solo, hoping to join  some of the groups on their day rides.

Welcome! Looking forward to meeting you, at I know everyone else is as well. We are planning on having a designated ride on Thursday with one of the bundling back road riders, that anybody who wants to can join. They'll be more information about that as the event draws near. But even apart from that, finding some riders to ride with will not be a problem at all.

• Like 1
Motorhead1977

Looking forward to meeting you. Did our first UnRally in 2022 and our first START this past April. Great group and very welcoming. Fun events.

• Like 2
greiffster

Looking forward to this since my START was cut short. Thanks to Dave and the BBRs for doing the heavy lifting, as usual. 

• Like 7
19 hours ago, Toronto99 said:

Should we assume from your Board name that you live in Toronto?

• Like 2
greiffster
13 minutes ago, Toronto99 said:

Yes, I live in Toronto, looking forward to meeting everyone, I ride a 2018 R1200RT

Mike

Looking forward to meeting you.  I hope you don't drink bourbon or smoke cigars as it is strictly verboden.  :rofl:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

two strikes, I am cancelling my hotel reservations now!!, lol

I will stop in Tennessee on my way way down.

2 hours ago, Toronto99 said:

Yes, I live in Toronto, looking forward to meeting everyone, I ride a 2018 R1200RT

Mike

Anyone from the home town of the Holy Trinity of Rock (and the Starman) is always welcome!

@wbw6cos @greiffster @TyTass @Jake

• Plus 1 1
1 hour ago, greiffster said:

Dave is a huge Triumph fan.:rofl:

Well.. I do have 4 of their Albums (ok, 3 actual albums) and those 3 also on disc, plus another-

Allied Forces

Never Surrender

Just a Game

And Stages

Don't get my started on my Neil Young collection.

Actually, I dig quite a few North of the Border Rockers:

Kathleen Edwards

BTO

The Guess Who

Gordon Lightfoot

Bryan Adams (earlier mostly)

BNL

Steppenwolf

Cowboy junkies

But I digress..

• Like 6
terryofperry
8 hours ago, Indy Dave said:

Well.. I do have 4 of their Albums (ok, 3 actual albums) and those 3 also on disc, plus another-

Allied Forces

Never Surrender

Just a Game

And Stages

Kathleen Edwards

BTO

The Guess Who

Gordon Lightfoot

BNL

Steppenwolf

Cowboy junkies

But I digress..

What? No BS&T with Toronto's David Clayton Thomas? Canadian Hall of Fame! Well, you are a bit younger, great band when I was in school.

Terry

• Like 2

BS&T.   Best band ever

First rock show I ever attended in 1966 in Providence, RI.  Opened for the WHO just as their first album came out.  

• Like 2
1 hour ago, terryofperry said:

... great band when I was in school.

Terry

I didn't know they HAD school back then, Terry? :wave:

• Haha 1
terryofperry
29 minutes ago, Indy Dave said:

I didn't know they HAD school back then, Terry? :wave:

Haha. That was when we went to fifth grade only, then worked full time for dad on the farm or ranch.

But, if you have Steppenwolf on the list, no excuse for not having BS&T, same time frame. I'm sure you dated Lucretia Mac Evil somewhere along the line. (We all have).

Terry

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
12 hours ago, Indy Dave said:

Allied Forces

Never Surrender

Just a Game

And Stages

Kathleen Edwards

BTO

The Guess Who

Gordon Lightfoot

BNL

Steppenwolf

Cowboy junkies

But I digress..

You left out the greatest of all of the northern rockers, RUSH.

• Plus 1 1
  • Confused 1
1 hour ago, TSConver said:

You left out the greatest of all of the northern rockers, RUSH.

Meh... After their first album, they changed drummers, and the new guy sucked. I quit listening after that.

• Haha 4
  • Thinking 1
1 minute ago, Indy Dave said:

Meh... After their first album, they changed drummers, and the new guy sucked. I quit listening after that.

I thought those guys where from Key West?

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

You think Rutsey was better than Peart?

• Haha 1

Their fans are almost as pretentious as BMW riders... Makes sense y'all are so into them....

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2