IGNORED

Anybody go for ride today? Got Pictures?

Redman

roadscholar
5 hours ago, Rougarou said:

Being tall is nice, but I bet it sucks flying coach:18: And hafta pay extra to get the wee bit of legroom or business/1st class to be comfortable.;)

For every action there's an equal and opposite reaction, or something like that.  :classic_biggrin:

• Smile 1
Dennis Andress
3 hours ago, lawnchairboy said:

60 inches of new powder

Contemplate, if you will, deicing a C-141 in that shit…

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1
lawnchairboy
20 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

Contemplate, if you will, deicing a C-141 in that shit…

No.  I'm cold thinking about it.

Monarch was a total whiteout on top.  I found the boundary rope by feel and decended.   cleared up later.

On my way to Cedar Key, I stopped in Gainesville for a cup of coffee at 34F. A little chilly this morning. IMG_9364.thumb.jpeg.ae395fd4adfde60b98e1a70ce6b51159.jpegIMG_9366.thumb.jpeg.b350418f842d0b104a985f22a3f01bfd.jpeg

• Like 9
Scott9999
8 hours ago, Bernie said:

On my way to Cedar Key, I stopped in Gainesville for a cup of coffee at 34F. A little chilly this morning. IMG_9364.thumb.jpeg.ae395fd4adfde60b98e1a70ce6b51159.jpegIMG_9366.thumb.jpeg.b350418f842d0b104a985f22a3f01bfd.jpeg

Lol, I'll bet you were a bit tempted to extend that coffee break until at least the sun came up.  😁 

• Like 1

Nope.   Bernie is on a schedule and he is scheduled to ride.   :bike:

• Like 3
  • Plus 1 1
46 minutes ago, Scott9999 said:

Lol, I'll bet you were a bit tempted to extend that coffee break until at least the sun came up.  😁 

Yesterday it was 18* for my hour commute.  Early afternoon, one of the better looking ladies at work asked me if I rode my bike this morning,....duh, ya, do you wanna go for a ride.  She's like no way.  I said it's twice as warm now as when I left this morning.

• Like 2
  • Smile 2
  • Haha 1

I was on the R1200C this week.   13 F was the lowest for the week.   My commute is only 10 miles, so.....

That bike offers less wind protection than a GS.   Brrrr.

• Like 2
  • Smile 2
Scott9999
1 hour ago, Dennis Andress said:

Hmm, looks like the guy in the lead who had to stop to take a leak, is holdling up the rest of the riders.   🙃😁

Cool pix.  Context?

• Smile 1
8 hours ago, Scott9999 said:

Hmm, looks like the guy in the lead who had to stop to take a leak, is holdling up the rest of the riders.   🙃😁

Cool pix.  Context?

I don’t think so. I think he is sweeping the gravel of the road for the other riders.

Or taking the picture. :4322:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Smile 1

I've been riding this thing for a few days. Great fuel mileage and tire wear shouldn't be a issue. Still trying to figure out what brand of oil is best... LuLu the dog is not impressed!

20240121_125900.thumb.jpg.fbc42091bd4e9322178161aa97650db3.jpg

• Like 1
  • Smile 2

You shoulda asked him about his connected ride app issues.  :whistle:

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, MikeB60 said:

I've been riding this thing for a few days. Great fuel mileage and tire wear shouldn't be a issue. Still trying to figure out what brand of oil is best... LuLu the dog is not impressed!

Buddy at work got his up to 27mph!!!

You had to have been a mech guy, 'cause a regular grunt would just pop some grunt candy, change socks and keep moving,......would never be seen on one of those trikes;)

• Smile 1
12 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

Buddy at work got his up to 27mph!!!

You had to have been a mech guy, 'cause a regular grunt would just pop some grunt candy, change socks and keep moving,......would never be seen on one of those trikes;)

Death before dismount!

• Smile 1
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, MikeB60 said:

I believe Lulu's reaction is correct. In fact, the proper reaction for most issues in life.

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
Dennis Andress
21 hours ago, Scott9999 said:

Cool pix.  Context?

Death Valley

• Like 1
Dennis Andress
44 minutes ago, Skywagon said:

Below the surface of earth....

30 years ago we’d ride our bad-ass BMW’s up from Tucson and pitch our tents on a little grassy field at Furnace Creek. It looks like a strip mall now….

7 minutes ago, Rougarou said:

An hour of this,…..refreshing

IMG_3563.thumb.jpeg.8fc9110b21146b8b96a0ed07c0602dd8.jpeg

Hey Richard.....incurring pain on purpose is for you young whipper-snappers....it doesn't hurt as much when you're young!  :18:

• Like 3
24 minutes ago, BamaJohn said:

Hey Richard.....incurring pain on purpose is for you young whipper-snappers....it doesn't hurt as much when you're young!  :18:

The idea is to keep the tolerances up so that when I'm 104 like you, I'll at least feel 94

• Smile 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thinking 1
7 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

I love to ride, but I'll take a warm cage when temps. get like that

I won’t go anywhere without a remote start, nowadays! :old: :D

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

I love to ride, but I'll take a warm cage when temps. get like that

9 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

image.thumb.png.6df395d43edf3bd0eff407c3118a0b58.png

• Smile 3
  • Haha 2
56 minutes ago, TEWKS said:

I think the new Gold Wings have that feature.

• Smile 3
  • Haha 1
13 minutes ago, Bernie said:

I think the new Gold Wings have that feature.

Yes it comes with package that includes self parking.

• Smile 1

Roug would not use remote start or auto park… but he might use auto wash. Just saying

Remote start on BMW bike means auto melt plastic. 

7 minutes ago, Skywagon said:

Roug would not use remote start or auto park… but he might use auto wash. Just saying

Ya, we have that remote start on the wifes truck and the Subaru,.....it don't get used, vehicle warms up faster by driving and idling is not real good anyway, burns fuel

Wash,....meh, maybe in the Spring, Summa or something, I dunno,....more important things to do.:classic_biggrin:

Scott9999
9 hours ago, Rougarou said:

An hour of this,…..refreshing

IMG_3563.thumb.jpeg.8fc9110b21146b8b96a0ed07c0602dd8.jpeg

My first thought was, "He sat in his garage at 19F, going no where at 0 MPH for an hour?! Masochist?!"  🤔🙃😁

6 hours ago, Skywagon said:

Wait . ….. there’s an auto wash option? image.png.9db28959e74f157a60d8a964f819dda4.png

• Haha 1
Dennis Andress
On 1/21/2024 at 6:57 AM, Bernie said:

Or taking the picture. :4322:

That would be @mrduck….

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
roadscholar

This guy makes some nice videos but for those not interested in off road riding (in N Fla in the Winter) it should be good reinforcement. :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2
Stresspuppy

Colonial Parkway, Williamsburg VA. Got up to about 60F (was in the teens last week 😵‍💫) and had to get out. Looking out over the James River. Partly cloudy made for some nice views. 

20240127124208_SCENIC.jpeg

• Like 4

Saturday ride to meet some friends for coffee in the morning and a little country riding down the St Johns River. We, (Bil, @wahorn, @dduelin and I) met in Nacotee, FL and viewed a beautiful sunrise.

IMG_9421.thumb.jpeg.eb34b9adcfdcdc695870888a3ec7e91f.jpeg

IMG_9422.thumb.jpeg.7ef34de4826c9ba0f0cfb9c3c834d641.jpeg

IMG_9423.thumb.jpeg.1320e7c8a5b21900fe8ffbd89b5dbefd.jpeg

After coffee and some discussions about Ashley’s new-to-him Honda Africa twin, we got on the road. It was a very comfortable 68F. Less then 5 miles down the road, Dave who was bringing up the back told us to stop, something fell of one of the bikes and he turned around to pick it up. It turned out to be a left bar end weight for Bil’s R1200GS. So time to break out the tool roll and remove the rest of his hand guard and remount his dimmer switch for the Clear Water lights. 

Our next stop was for fuel and bathroom break in Palatka, FL.

And sure enough it was time to break out the tools a second time. Dave’s RoadCrafter suit would not un-zip. So after lots of pulling and prying, we got him out of the suit, before he had a “accident” inside the suit. Of course now he couldn’t close the zipper any longer. So I got out some zipties and we secured the suit on him. Lucky for him it had warmed a lot. He was able to ride home, with lots of extra ventilation. We did offer to buy a roll of duct tape and seal him into the suit. He declined our efforts.

IMG_9424.thumb.jpeg.ce38ecb0bf566f3f1d49b625bb21dc75.jpeg

IMG_9425.thumb.jpeg.b7b9be51176f912d569f45c32d53b249.jpeg

So don’t forget to add zipties (plenty of them) and some duct tape, for cold rides to your tool kit, as emergency zipper repair.

While poor Dave headed home, the 3 of us continued south.

We rode to Welaka, along Lake George, through George Town, Denver and Seville, FL. Due to the road side services, we were running a little late and decided it was time to find lunch.

We had a nice lunch stop at 3Bananas in Crescent City, FL before turning in a northerly directions. Well I don’t really know how to ride in a straight line, let’s just say we meandered west, south, east and zig zagged in northerly direction until we arrived back home. Total mileage for the day was around 240 miles.

And Dave made it home, after stopping at a BBQ wagon in Hastings and filling his top case with BBQ Ribs. I think he was glad it didn’t rain today. :3:

share-ride-picture.jpeg.58d48d7c818dc7245ed65758cf389d06.jpeg

PS: if someone wants a copy of todays GPX route, send me a PM with your email.

Oh in case you don’t know what a Honda looks like, here is a glamour shot.

IMG_4162.thumb.jpeg.4d83a1c301bed6f0bc8e7c1d8645ee33.jpeg

Here is a screen shot of today’s ride:

IMG_9432.thumb.jpeg.78ed9e171c69635c008cb94303bd2da3.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Road to our monthly MOA local chapter meeting, Tarheel Travelers.  Then road around some backroads in the area for a couple of hours.

jan tarheel 2.jpg

jan tarheel.jpg

• Like 6
BerettaRacer

Haven't had the bike out lately, but yesterday was perfect riding weather for the 1 hr ride south to the south side of Ft Lauderdale for the annual Dania Bch Vintage Motorcycle Show.

Thought you guys might want to see some pics.

Sorry, turns out I can only get 2 pics per post before I reach the max meg limit so it stretched out a bit

20240128_121123.jpg

• Like 1
BerettaRacer

The show out in the multiple parking lots can be just as interesting as whats inside, just mostly an assortment of modern machinery,

20240127_122423.jpg

20240127_122536.jpg

• Like 1
BerettaRacer

Inside, a lot of the bikes are grouped by style, or if one display-er has multiple bikes he'll have an area.

So in no specific order, just taking pics as I walked around.

20240127_122942.jpg

20240127_123039.jpg

• Like 2