IGNORED

Anybody go for ride today? Got Pictures?

Redman

WOW ... what a neat show !!  Lots of interesting bikes and a very diversified group for sure! 

Thanks for sharing 

BerettaRacer
24 minutes ago, RTinNC said:

WOW ... what a neat show !!  Lots of interesting bikes and a very diversified group for sure! 

Thanks for sharing 

Thx

Show was quite a bit bigger pre-covid, then was pretty sparse for a few years but is coming back now.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, BerettaRacer said:

Thx

Show was quite a bit bigger pre-covid, then was pretty sparse for a few years but is coming back now.

Same happened in Davenport, it was dropping even pre-covid, then last year was biggest they've had ever.

• Like 1
RandyShields
14 hours ago, BerettaRacer said:

Sorry, turns out I can only get 2 pics per post before I reach the max meg limit so it stretched out a bit

Great photos.  Thanks.  Two options for less posts: (1) shrink the photos so they don't exceed the total post size limit; and/or (2) post a few teaser photos, and add a link to a hosting site like SmugMug if you have one.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, RandyShields said:

Great photos.  Thanks.  Two options for less posts: (1) shrink the photos so they don't exceed the total post size limit; and/or (2) post a few teaser photos, and add a link to a hosting site like SmugMug if you have one.

Great suggestion Randy!   I usually create a Smugmug Gallery when I have a bunch of photos to share especially when sending in email.  Great way to share photos and makes it easier to send or post as well. 

.....maybe post the link to your own gallery.  :dontknow:

Once you start posting them in the gallery, they will show up on the main page, right side bar.   :5147:

• Like 1
chrisolson
6 hours ago, Rougarou said:

I dunno, spitballing here, but here's an idea for posting pictures:classic_biggrin:

4 hours ago, wbw6cos said:

.....maybe post the link to your own gallery.  :dontknow:

Once you start posting them in the gallery, they will show up on the main page, right side bar.   :5147:

We host pictures on AWS so our storage capacity is virtually unlimited and very reasonably priced.  The single post upload limit is 15 meg and most cellphones at full res can be between 3 to 4 meg or more for each pic. The upload calculation sometimes is not exact and may stop additional pics on a single post when seemingly within the limit.  There is no individual Member total account limit for a series of posts or within a gallery.  The gallery per image limit is 8 meg (pretty high quality) and multiple 8meg pics , or smaller, can be uploaded in one session

Obviously using a smaller size to upload for normal posts is preferred, but multiple posts work.  The lower individual post limit was established due to not everyone having fast internet . The reduction in upload size generally, for most monitors or phones, does not degrade perceived image quality.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
BerettaRacer

I wish I could get my new Samsung to take smaller, lower rez pics. I can't find an adjustment setting and neither can the phone shop. 7-7.5 meg per pic is the norm, even seen a few at 8. I hate it. They're just snapshots, let me drop the size. My older Samsung was adjustable. If I want a "Photo" I'm going to have my camera anyway.

9 minutes ago, BerettaRacer said:

I wish I could get my new Samsung to take smaller, lower rez pics ...

... said no one ever.   :)

Bill, you could always email them to yourself and then on a laptop, download and re-size them prior to uploading.   I have had to do that before on another forum.

• Like 1
chrisolson
33 minutes ago, BerettaRacer said:

I wish I could get my new Samsung to take smaller, lower rez pics.

What model / year is it ?

BerettaRacer
53 minutes ago, chrisolson said:

What model / year is it ?

Forced to buy it last year or so ago when ATT was dropping the 3G and I had to go to 5G phone. Samsung A52, 'droid 14

BerettaRacer
1 hour ago, wbw6cos said:

Bill, you could always email them to yourself and then on a laptop, download and re-size them prior to uploading.   I have had to do that before on another forum.

10 yrs ago my Boss asked me to go live in Italy for a while for work. I ended up being there 3 yrs. 

Pretty much each day of work if it was a travel day, or my days off, at the end of each day I would download and back up those days pics to a dated/location folder.

At the end of the trip I backed up to a stand alone hard drive. I had over 14,000 pics.

No way in HELL I'm going to individually resize each pic, LOL.

• Haha 1
BerettaRacer

Routes des grandes Alps on rental moto's

Skiing under Matterhorn

Wood carvers shop in Dolomites

Amalfie coast Highway on rental

Palma Majorca on rental

At about 11,000' ridgeline separating Italy/Swiss

2012-02-07_11-56-57_493.jpg

Camera unload 6-23-14 454.JPG

Dolomites to Bormio 003-2.jpg

IMG_4253.JPG

IMG_1297.JPG

Zermatt%20009MA31761905-0019.JPG

• Like 5
chrisolson
26 minutes ago, BerettaRacer said:

Samsung A52, 'droid 14

You probable already figured this ....Looks like everything I see says you can only edit the size by selecting the individual photo in the phone's gallery app , click the "pencil" to enter edit mode then click "more option " ... ie the three dots and there will be resize options ...but no global option to set a unique capture size.  interestingly it seems the phone stores both the resized and the original so you always retain the larger image.

Oh ... and nice pics :thumbsup:

BerettaRacer
1 minute ago, chrisolson said:

You probable already figured this ....Looks like everything I see says you can only edit the size by selecting the individual photo in the phone's gallery app , click the "pencil" to enter edit mode then click "more option " ... ie the three dots and there will be resize options ...but no global option to set a unique capture size.  interestingly it seems the phone stores both the resized and the original so you always retain the larger image.

Yeah, there is a feature where you can have/store smaller pics, but it is in some strange file format that is pretty much NOT compatible with anything.

BerettaRacer
9 minutes ago, chrisolson said:

If you go back before the October forum re-fresh, not sure which topic heading, think maybe "Ride Planning" or something, someone had asked about touring Alps , seasons etc and I posted a bunch of bike/ride pics there you might like.

Pac NW weather break.  Cascades peaks in Oregon.  left to right—Mt Washington, Black Butte, and Mt Jefferson.

2nd pic. closer view of Mt Jefferson

3rd pic.  Not pretty,  just a familiar story of ski towns in the West.  Cottages for sale, 2 br 2 ba, 1000 sq ft, starting @ $1,185,000. 

Jeff 1.jpg

Jeff 2.jpg

Nine cottages.jpg

• Like 6
13 hours ago, bendbill said:

3rd pic.  Not pretty,  just a familiar story of ski towns in the West.  Cottages for sale, 2 br 2 ba, 1000 sq ft, starting @ $1,185,000. 

Nine cottages.jpg

And are you the reason for the sold sign?

• Smile 1
13 hours ago, bendbill said:

Pac NW weather break.  Cascades peaks in Oregon.  left to right—Mt Washington, Black Butte, and Mt Jefferson.

2nd pic. closer view of Mt Jefferson

Jeff 1.jpg

Jeff 2.jpg

Nine cottages.jpg

HA!  Yeah ,..... sounds like Charlotte too!   Just crazy housing markets everywhere. 

But nice pictures ...looking forward to Redmond in June !! 

• Smile 1
2 hours ago, EdM said:

And are you the reason for the sold sign?

Yes.  I could afford the sign.  The lot not so much :classic_rolleyes:

• Smile 1
  • Haha 2
2 hours ago, RTinNC said:

HA!  Yeah ,..... sounds like Charlotte too!   Just crazy housing markets everywhere. 

But nice pictures ...looking forward to Redmond in June !! 

I've talked with two couples who visited Charlotte.  They loved the area

Also looking forward to RDM

• Like 1

I did get out for a winter ride today, 50° F, normally should be about 2°. 

Picture isn't as scenic as Dennis' posts, but as it's a Harley, it's in its element: a bar parking lot waiting for me to come out...

IMG_20240131_170109665_HDR.thumb.jpg.9e9def79d9a47f6361ae563aac7a4047.jpg

• Like 3
  • Smile 2
  • Haha 1
10 hours ago, Hosstage said:

Picture isn't as scenic as Dennis' posts, but as it's a Harley, it's in its element: a bar parking lot waiting for me to come out...

With oil stains below.......:rofl:

• Haha 1
  • Thinking 1
10 hours ago, Hosstage said:

Ewww:classic_biggrin:

• Smile 1
Lone_RT_rider

You can tell you ride other bikes besides a Harley.  You did the same thing I did when I had my FLHTP (I miss it. by the way).  You removed the rear rocker shifter. :)  Nice bike!  I don't prefer the ape hangers though.  :)  Each to their own.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

You can tell you ride other bikes besides a Harley.  You did the same thing I did when I had my FLHTP (I miss it. by the way).  You removed the rear rocker shifter. :)  Nice bike!  I don't prefer the ape hangers though.  :)  Each to their own.

I've ridden other bikes, including an RT for 10 days in The Alps, that's how I ended up here, but own two Harleys. RT is on the list for new bikes.

Heel shifter was in the way, not needed on this transmission since new, shifts pretty smoothly.

I'm starting to get used to the hangers after 23 years and 130,000 miles. I look good behind them! Were I to do it again, I'd go with 14" instead of 16".

I found the cheapest way to "customize" was to remove stuff, rather than buy extra stuff to put on. I'm kinda cheap that way. (Hello Kitty sticker 'cuz I don't take it too seriously.) Then stuck $5k in the motor to beat my friends. No regrets spending that money, it still pulls hard on them. No match for a stock RT though, especially once the road gets twisty.

• Like 1

Well, the nice weather finally synced up with my schedule and was able to get out for a nice 150 mile ride with a stop for coffee and then lunch.  Gotta love the Charlotte weather😁

IMG_1050.thumb.jpeg.a20af361cb542fdef4057014ae5222a1.jpegIMG_1051.thumb.jpeg.0c5246a548d7774915dc1c023b113f33.jpeg

• Like 4

Hey Ken, nice photo of your great looking bike, but are you not at the wrong coffee shop?   :whistle:

• Smile 2