IGNORED

2014 R1200RT

AndyS

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone spot something wrong with the rear brake caliper?!

Rather than create new drawings when moving the FD and brake from the right to the left side, the engineers just used the "mirror" function of their software.

To add insult to injury, even if you register, the link doesn't work as there are subscription fees to see all content. Thanks.

No there aren't, I don't pay anything. but you do need to subscribe (get a log-in).

To add insult to injury, even if you register, the link doesn't work as there are subscription fees to see all content. Thanks.

No there aren't, I don't pay anything. but you do need to subscribe (get a log-in).

I did register and I still couldn't see it and now when I try to login, it says my account doesn't exist. Why can't you just download the picture and post it here?

• 3 weeks later...
Nov. 5 is the first day of the EICMA show - likely day for a big BMW Motorrad announcement.

R nine-T

R1200GS-A-LC

R1200RT-LC

These will be there for sure.

They also have an unfaired version of the S1000RR sportsbike in the works which has 50% chance of being there.

Found the following on the BMWDean site

"The actual 2014 R1200RT was shown to BMW dealers on Oct. 21, 2013. Unfortunately, it was "embargoed," so no photos could be taken. The public release of photos and info is supposed to be Dec. 5, 2013. Waiting is hard for me. As soon as I have some, I will post them here."

"The actual 2014 R1200RT was shown to BMW dealers on Oct. 21, 2013. Unfortunately, it was "embargoed," so no photos could be taken. The public release of photos and info is supposed to be Dec. 5, 2013. Waiting is hard for me. As soon as I have some, I will post them here."

I think he meant Nov. 5, 2013, as that's the opening day of the EICMA show in Milan (press and professionals only).

You're probably right. And that would be a welcome event.

I think he meant Nov. 5, 2013, as that's the opening day of the EICMA show in Milan (press and professionals only).

I plan to go to Milan fair: it's horribly crowded but it's also the most important yearly event and I have a few things to check out. If the RT is there and there isn't a mile long queue in front of it, expect a first look report.

This paper dude is 6 feet and has a 32" inseam.

Not it, just for fun. :lurk:

413816_3971_big_BMW%20R1200%202014%20con%20logo%20Dueruote%20JPG.jpg

Pat

Could anyone download the images? I got one photo at the end?

Love that color, meaning it won't be available. Almost matches the Toffee color of my Beetle Convertible

I plan to go to Milan fair: it's horribly crowded but it's also the most important yearly event and I have a few things to check out. If the RT is there and there isn't a mile long queue in front of it, expect a first look report.

If work allows I'm going to run up there also for the day.

Wow you're good! :) The lines look right comparing it to the camo pics.

Pat

not enough chrome accessories yet!

Would not mind crash bars in black however... if it remotely looks like that it will be many times better than the K16

if it remotely looks like that it will be many times better than the K16

I know of at least one GT that didn't sleep so well last night. :grin:

Pat

Pat

all I have to do is, blindfold my K1300GT and sneak her to the dealer for an oil change, yeah, an oil change. Maybe if I promise her a new set of tires.

Pat

all I have to do is, blindfold my K1300GT and sneak her to the dealer for an oil change, yeah, an oil change. Maybe if I promise her a new set of tires.

My RT slept very well.

My RT slept very well.

Aw c'mon, she's not that confident! You know there had to be a little late night powder puffing going on after the garage lights went out. :grin:

Pat

My RT slept very well.

Aw c'mon, she's not that confident! You know there had to be a little late night powder puffing going on after the garage lights went out. :grin:

Pat

If there was, it wasn't over the new RT.

Pat

My RT slept very well.

Mine did too, in someone else's garage.

The new RT should be a fine bike, I look forward to finding out.

On Jeff Dean's page he said the RT that was shown at the dealer's meeting was a dark red. Or in other words, kryptonite to you and me. :grin:

Pat

Me likey..... Can't wait to see the latest shade of grey BMW will offer....

you didn't have to wait long, think that is gray of a short in that stream of shots

Wow! Much nicer looking than I was expecting. Even that shade of grey looks pretty nice... I think it's gonna be hard to wait a few more years till the '11 is paid off.

Nice bike. It still looks like an RT/ST. The motor should be great, but I'm just not into radiators and Prestone yet.

Not liking the front face, all the black on the side cases, the dash with the HDTV and solid mono-handlebar, or the logo-in-plastic-dart on the faring (but it's good they dropped the cheesy decal).

Still, a very nice bike and I'm glad they kept the RT name. I hope they'll offer some actual colors for paint.

I'm happy I didn't wait.

embedded-32.jpg

I like it. A lot. Sweet! Looks lightweight, which is the hallmark of this bike. Looks powerful and fast, too. I like it :thumbsup:

+ a bunch. Sign me up.

Looks a lot like the Triumph Trophy in the nose.

Wrong way round.

Triumph took their inspiration from other bikes and openly admit it.

The lights are K16 style.

Ok, I can get on board with that. I still think they look similar. I like the RT a lot. It's gonna be a long, tough wait before I can upgrade.

Looks a lot like the Triumph Trophy in the nose.

Wrong way round.

Triumph took their inspiration from other bikes and openly admit it.

The lights are K16 style.

Archived