IGNORED

2014 R1200RT

AndyS

Pretty poor Photochopped pic.. using current RT and mixing in new elements... Video here is more accurate:

Interesting.

I would really consider one with that colour code.

I guess we'll have to keep our ear to the ground for more spyshots.

The inner fairing looks very unfinished and bitty in the video.

I wonder if BMW read these forums and pay any heed to the problems and comments that crop up?

It's funny how they use that weird camouflage paint job to try to hide the contours of the bike... while drawing about 10x the attention it might normally receive. :grin:

Guest Kakugo
It's funny how they use that weird camouflage paint job to try to hide the contours of the bike... while drawing about 10x the attention it might normally receive. :grin:

Disruptive "zebra" painting... let's wait until our military members chime in. ;)

Being a history buff they look very much like a WWI destroyer.

Mercedes seems to have caught on this, however, as two prototype cars I have spotted in recent years were both matte black and with large vinyl strips masking some features.

The video shows a GPS unit that appears to be somewhat larger than the Nav IV (and has labeling on the left side rather than below the screen). Perhaps this is a preview of the Nav V, and perhaps the Nav IV won't physically fit the 2014 RT's dashboard.

• 3 weeks later...
I wonder if BMW read these forums and pay any heed to the problems and comments that crop up?

They've changed

rear drives

fuel pump

fuel gauge

headlight adjustment

instrument cluster for glare

Most feedback is probably via dealers and I wouldn't think there's more on forums.

• 4 weeks later...

It's not... the options for the new Wethead GS is either the current NAV IV or the new cheaper Adventure BMW GPS unit... the one on the new RT is a newer generation of BMW Navigator (in some pics it is labeled Navigator V) that has not been released yet.

• 2 weeks later...

Another photo of the the pre-production new RT.

Maybe the rider in this photo is the size of a Sasquatch, but the knee angle looks tight. Or maybe it's just the camera angle...

Erlk%C3%B6nig%20BMW%20R%201200%20RT.jpg.2335960.jpg

If that's a Sasquatch I am the jolly green giant. If you look, that seat looks mighty low and flat. Not good for taller folk or even normal, whatever that is. If the ergos are that tight, then I would pass on it in a hurry. It's bad enough the bars look like they can't be raised, but it doesn't surprise me either.

That. From what has been shown so far, I really like the new RT. The motor is brilliant, we know that from the GS, and I like the "1600 style" front end.

But the ergos do look tight.

If you look at the original spyshots in the first post, the bikes do not look at all cramped. I think there is an issue with picture angle that makes everything look tight.

We'll keep an open mind till a few more shots are leaked...It all seems a bit quiet now doesn't it.

Looks like Sasquatch to me. See how far back he's sitting on the seat?

I hope the front fender is longer in production. Looks like that one is mainly good for keeping stuff off the Telelever arm, the engine not so much.

Based on BMW's history of releasing new/updated models, anyone have an idea when the new RT will OFFICIALLY be announced? There's no doubt it's coming for '14 or they wouldn't be offering $1500 rebates (the most on any current model BMW) on the current model.

This paper dude is 6 feet and has a 32" inseam. I believe I read or heard it somewhere that BMW will obviously change the motorcycle but the ergonomics will stay very close to where they've always been.

04wi0522IaRtJUyUyUyUyUy0n.png04wi0268IaRtJUyUyUyUyUy0n.png

04wi0287IaRtJUyUyUyUyUy0n.png04wi1024IaRtJUyUyUyUyUy0n.png

04wi0027IaRtJUyUyUyUyUy0n.png

Not it, just for fun. :lurk:

413816_3971_big_BMW%20R1200%202014%20con%20logo%20Dueruote%20JPG.jpg

Pat

Based on previous pictures I'd say the bike is more or less the same size as the Hexhead and Camhead, perhaps with a tad lower seat height. Nothing to worry about. ;)

Unless one is big and tall.

If the new RT looks anything like this, then BMW will get my money, that's for sure :thumbsup:

+1. That would actually be the best looking RT since the 1150.

But I'm afraid the new model doesn't look quite this hot. Those B&W camo bikes are likely to be VERY close to the production bikes. And sadly they don't look like this blue one.

Oh well, there's always the GS for us who care more about the looks than the function. :dopeslap:

Mikko

Funny, is it a work computer? I can't see any pictures hosted on Photobucket at work. Some security block I guess. Anyhow, it's a pic of my K16GT and that rendering of the RT mentioned, borrows heavily from the GT's styling. ;)

Pat

And why wouldn't they? The K1600 has some handsome lines when compared to the likes of the 1200RT's which don't seem to have one common styling que anywhere, well apart from the common thread of having SO MANY different non blending pointy bits.

And why wouldn't they? The K1600 has some handsome lines when compared to the likes of the 1200RT's which don't seem to have one common styling que anywhere, well apart from the common thread of having SO MANY different non blending pointy bits.

Obviously, you and I have very different ideas of what constitutes :handsome lines" and a common styling que because IMO, the "bits" of the 1200RT blend much better than the K1600.

I think the picture posted by TEWKS is the best looking of the bunch.

Surely not? Wow that is amazing. I really would have thought that the "LA RT PASSE A L'EAU" would be the one everyone would have gone for! It just goes to show (that like most people have thought), I know nothing!😊

The GT is a better looking bike, but I don't know if it'll have better reputation.

I happen to have (and yourself) what is arguably one of the best motorcycles in the world but for some reason, this new RT is just dang exciting! :thumbsup: Hope they put some color on it.

Pat

I am with you on that Pat. Except of course I KNOW my 1150RT IS the best bike. :clap:

If it looks anything like the picture 20 posts up from here, I really feel BMW will be getting money off me after all these years.

Archived