IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

Well- There you go!

Welcome to the fold Patrick! You are in good company. Resistance is not in the forum's vocabulary when it comes to wanting More bikes. We support your cause. Our spouses just may not. For that, you are on your own! :(

Now for something truly different.

01111_cGKmpscdaO4_600x450.jpg

Link

It's awesome, but why is it people on CL don't know the difference between definitely & defiantly? I see it all the time.

szurszewski

It's awesome, but why is it people on CL don't know the difference between definitely & defiantly? I see it all the time.

That would require two things: knowing that those are two different words AND rereading your ad before publishing it. The one I see all the time that gets me is when some has a car or whatever "for sell."

To be fair, that's probably someone for whom English is not a first language, and if I tried to write a cl ad in, say, French, it would probably be far less understandable.

Dennis Andress
I know a rebuilt title kills the value, but, depending on the quality and extent of the rebuild, this is quite a lot of bike for $5K

http://reno.craigslist.org/mcy/4378024906.html

Depending on what was involved in the rebuilding, and if you planned to keep it for a long time, it is a very good deal.

Except in regards to collision insurance.

I know a rebuilt title kills the value, but, depending on the quality and extent of the rebuild, this is quite a lot of bike for $5K

http://reno.craigslist.org/mcy/4378024906.html

Depending on what was involved in the rebuilding, and if you planned to keep it for a long time, it is a very good deal.

I'm clueless on that subject.

I did talk to the seller, and the story is that it was stolen from a dealer when new, stripped of various parts, recovered, and sold at auction by the insurance company. The cost of the stripped parts is said to be the sole reason for the rebuilt title. The first buyer only put a couple thousand miles on it, the current owner the rest.

Dennis Andress

I'm clueless on that subject.

For a bike with a salvage title, an insurance company will typically pay less than 50% of full value.

I had a couple of friends back about 40 or so years ago who had Suzuki 380s. Nice little bike for it's time.

I agree, it was a great bike at the time. It made me lust for the 73 750.5 BMW i bought new. I got $800 for the 1972 Suzy.

Agreed. I fricken LOVE those old school high powered standards.

I would set fire to my RT if I could get my hands on one of these:

CB_1300.gif

• 2 weeks later...
szurszewski

posted just a few hours ago here in Portland; for that price, it probably only needs one of everything...still, if you wanted a project, it's not a lot of $$ upfront.

1974 75/6

"Posting deleted by author"

Oh and Pat... Can ya pick up the Honda for me, I'll be there as soon as the weather clears... ;)

Edited by mbelectric
szurszewski
"Posting deleted by author"

Oh and Pat... Can ya pick up the Honda for me, I'll be there as soon as the weather clears... ;)

not surprised - even i could have afforded $750. of course i don't really have the time space or money to do anything with it after that... i'm pretty sure it was w/in a mile of my house, so it was pretty tempting. hopefully it's found a good home.

(oh - since you didn't see the ad, it was a complete bike and supposedly the story was: purchased in 2012 from a guy who said it ran until he parked it in 2010; current owner planned to restore, yada yada, but had done nothing to it in two years; pics looked like it was solid but would need to replace most fasteners etc due to the lovely moisture we have in this area. tires looked new but were obviously at least four years old, seat needed to be recovered, odo showed 11k, but who knows....)

That's a nice one for sure, Mark! :thumbsup:

Pat

Gee, I wonder if this is a scam?

That's not a scam eddd, and I think you should buy it!

Also, if you find a clap board house like that with storm windows and those trees in Las Vegas let me know...

:wave: