IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

Don't remind me of what I jonsed for in high school! It's hard enough dealing with the GS bug.

GSA on ADVrider

Can't seem to see it without logging in. After looking in the Sandbox a bit, I guess I now know where I ripped off this Craigslist thread idea from. Sorry guys! :P

Pat

• 2 weeks later...

Portland, OR craigslist:

Brand new, never used seat-asking $425.

"Two piece, heated seat, will fit '05 to '13 BMW R1200RTs"

One I really want but....Why does there always have to be a but ? :/ A lot of miles and he tossed it down the road. :(

1980 GS1000S

http://nh.craigslist.org/mcy/3859362072.html

Pat

Looks like the one Chris K has in his garage,

Believe me I know. There's a fine line between "friend" and stalker in that situation! :rofl:

Pat

Lone_RT_rider
Believe me I know. There's a fine line between "friend" and stalker in that situation! :rofl:

Pat

:rofl:

what's really sad is that at one point all it needed to be a running bike again was a point conversion kit. Now the cables are bound up and it's been sitting forever. I think we need to have an intervention ......

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Chriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis!

Someone liked it, gone! Neat lines on those, could of made a cool little round towner. :thumbsup:

Pat

And then there's this. I see high pipes on each side, high fenders, coil over rear shocks, & dirt bike pegs. And ya gotta love the slash five style headlight nacelle.

'67 Kaw A1 250

And then there's this. I see high pipes on each side, high fenders, coil over rear shocks, & dirt bike pegs. And ya gotta love the slash five style headlight nacelle.

'67 Kaw A1 250

Looks like a project for Knifemaker!

Yeah, but Shawn's isn't quite IMMACULANT yet. It's still only showing the potential.

But you have to admit, that's a sweet trailer. :grin:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

K75S in Eugene, OR

Not a super awesome deal I suppose, but if I had time to ride the bike I already have more than once a month at best, I'd be all over it (I almost bought a "lightly wrecked" K75S as my first "real" bike/first BMW for my 21st birthday but ended up with a not wrecked r60/7 instead; I loved the /7 but I've wanted to try a K75 ever since). I tried to convince my wife she needed it, but that didn't work :(

how much could tires a starter and a battery be....?

E0118C.JPG

K75S in Eugene, OR

Not a super awesome deal I suppose, but if I had time to ride the bike I already have more than once a month at best, I'd be all over it (I almost bought a "lightly wrecked" K75S as my first "real" bike/first BMW for my 21st birthday but ended up with a not wrecked r60/7 instead; I loved the /7 but I've wanted to try a K75 ever since). I tried to convince my wife she needed it, but that didn't work :(

E0118C.JPG

If I were a collector, I would get this one. The price seems right.

It would be nice to have a permanent category on bmwsporttouring.com just for craigslist finds.

Johnny J

Dennis Andress
K75S in Eugene, OR

E0118C.JPG

The starter is also the ground path for the headlight relay. Works to shed load, when the starter is in use the headlight turns off. But, worn starter brushes could make a dark night much darker...

It's for sale by a dealer who probably "had" to take it in trade in order to make a deal on a new bike. The fact that the dealer is telling you it needs fluids and a spline lube, tells me that they don't think they can recoup those costs if they performed the service and upped the price for a ready-to-go motorcycle. Therefore, the value of the machine is about $500 IMO.

It's for sale by a dealer who probably "had" to take it in trade in order to make a deal on a new bike. The fact that the dealer is telling you it needs fluids and a spline lube, tells me that they don't think they can recoup those costs if they performed the service and upped the price for a ready-to-go motorcycle. Therefore, the value of the machine is about $500 IMO.

I'd go even further - when any dealer is selling a 'project bike' that someone in-house didn't already scoop up for themselves, the repair cost undoubtedly FAR exceed the value.