TEWKS

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

Don't remind me of what I jonsed for in high school! It's hard enough dealing with the GS bug.

GSA on ADVrider

Can't seem to see it without logging in. After looking in the Sandbox a bit, I guess I now know where I ripped off this Craigslist thread idea from. Sorry guys! :P

Pat

AnotherLee

Portland, OR craigslist:

Brand new, never used seat-asking $425.

"Two piece, heated seat, will fit '05 to '13 BMW R1200RTs"

TEWKS

One I really want but....Why does there always have to be a but ? :/ A lot of miles and he tossed it down the road. :(

1980 GS1000S

http://nh.craigslist.org/mcy/3859362072.html

Pat

Matts_12GS
One I really want but....Why does there always have to be a but ? :/ A lot of miles and he tossed it down the road. :(

1980 GS1000S

Pat

Looks like the one Chris K has in his garage,

TEWKS

1980 GS1000S

Pat

Looks like the one Chris K has in his garage,

Believe me I know. There's a fine line between "friend" and stalker in that situation! :rofl:

Pat

Matts_12GS
Believe me I know. There's a fine line between "friend" and stalker in that situation! :rofl:

Pat

:rofl:

Lone_RT_rider

Pat

:rofl:

what's really sad is that at one point all it needed to be a running bike again was a point conversion kit. Now the cables are bound up and it's been sitting forever. I think we need to have an intervention ......

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh Chriiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiis!

TEWKS

Someone liked it, gone! Neat lines on those, could of made a cool little round towner. :thumbsup:

Pat

Huzband

Ohh, the possibilities. :Cool:

Ruckus

Huzband

And then there's this. I see high pipes on each side, high fenders, coil over rear shocks, & dirt bike pegs. And ya gotta love the slash five style headlight nacelle.

'67 Kaw A1 250

Glenn Reed
And then there's this. I see high pipes on each side, high fenders, coil over rear shocks, & dirt bike pegs. And ya gotta love the slash five style headlight nacelle.

'67 Kaw A1 250

Looks like a project for Knifemaker!

Ponch

I'm a little far away.

TEWKS

I know, it was just another failed attempt at humor. :)

Pat

Ponch

I emailed it.

AnotherLee

Here's one that needs a little work:

q4oq.jpg

Lone_RT_rider
How about a Goldwing in "IMMACULANT CONDITION"

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/mcy/3891757557.html

That's in Shaun's neck of the woods, maybe he'll take the 'vette out and give it a once over!

Sorry,

I have one of my own I am trying to get rid of.

DSC00522-XL.jpg

TN_R11_Girl

What are you trying to unload??

Glenn Reed
How about a Goldwing in "IMMACULANT CONDITION"

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/mcy/3891757557.html

That's in Shaun's neck of the woods, maybe he'll take the 'vette out and give it a once over!

Sorry,

I have one of my own I am trying to get rid of.

That means you know better then others the issues that need to be looked after! Help Chris out here! :rofl:

Matts_12GS

Yeah, but Shawn's isn't quite IMMACULANT yet. It's still only showing the potential.

Huzband
Yeah, but Shawn's isn't quite IMMACULANT yet. It's still only showing the potential.

But you have to admit, that's a sweet trailer. :grin:

AnotherLee

BMW handlebar risers for K1200GT, K1300GT - $100

Nampa, ID

TEWKS

That's about what I paid in sales tax! :dopeslap: Sure sounds like a deal! :thumbsup:

Pat

szurszewski

K75S in Eugene, OR

Not a super awesome deal I suppose, but if I had time to ride the bike I already have more than once a month at best, I'd be all over it (I almost bought a "lightly wrecked" K75S as my first "real" bike/first BMW for my 21st birthday but ended up with a not wrecked r60/7 instead; I loved the /7 but I've wanted to try a K75 ever since). I tried to convince my wife she needed it, but that didn't work :(

how much could tires a starter and a battery be....?

E0118C.JPG

JohnnyJ
K75S in Eugene, OR

Not a super awesome deal I suppose, but if I had time to ride the bike I already have more than once a month at best, I'd be all over it (I almost bought a "lightly wrecked" K75S as my first "real" bike/first BMW for my 21st birthday but ended up with a not wrecked r60/7 instead; I loved the /7 but I've wanted to try a K75 ever since). I tried to convince my wife she needed it, but that didn't work :(

E0118C.JPG

If I were a collector, I would get this one. The price seems right.

It would be nice to have a permanent category on bmwsporttouring.com just for craigslist finds.

Johnny J

Dennis Andress
K75S in Eugene, OR

E0118C.JPG

The starter is also the ground path for the headlight relay. Works to shed load, when the starter is in use the headlight turns off. But, worn starter brushes could make a dark night much darker...

lkchris

Nothing collectible about this bike, but it's for sure a step up from an R060/7.

EffBee

It's for sale by a dealer who probably "had" to take it in trade in order to make a deal on a new bike. The fact that the dealer is telling you it needs fluids and a spline lube, tells me that they don't think they can recoup those costs if they performed the service and upped the price for a ready-to-go motorcycle. Therefore, the value of the machine is about $500 IMO.

Huzband

Oh, Pat. :Cool:

YZ490

00E0E_httNvKLO90J_600x450.jpg

Gregori
It's for sale by a dealer who probably "had" to take it in trade in order to make a deal on a new bike. The fact that the dealer is telling you it needs fluids and a spline lube, tells me that they don't think they can recoup those costs if they performed the service and upped the price for a ready-to-go motorcycle. Therefore, the value of the machine is about $500 IMO.

I'd go even further - when any dealer is selling a 'project bike' that someone in-house didn't already scoop up for themselves, the repair cost undoubtedly FAR exceed the value.

Chris K
Oh, Pat. :Cool:

YZ490

00E0E_httNvKLO90J_600x450.jpg

I rode one once. Scared the hell outta me.

enfoman

Sweet! I see it is freshly washed!