IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

SOLD! To whom I have no idea. :/

Pat

Uh huh. :Cool:

Oops, I know what that sounds like but I was too slow on the draw, missed that one. :( I think that was an exceptional deal for someone! :thumbsup:

Pat

It's been a lot of years, I know you can do it. Besides, you were hindered that day.

I would love to strafe some apexes with you anytime, anywhere.

Sounds like a plan Danny! I'm sure it would be a very entertaining day trying to keep you in sight on and around the BRP! :thumbsup:

Pat

I don't know about you, but I'm older & slower. And out of practice.

And I'm not on an Italian missile anymore. :Cool:

Edited by Huzband

You're too kind.

Now, back to those craiglist treasures that seem to only exist in New England. All we get down here are "rare bobbers". You know, scrap heaps. :P

Effing STOP IT!!! I'm trying to mind my own business while mawing down a Papa John's pizza. But you keep making me grease up the keyboard with responses. :grin:

If I had Dale Walkslers money, I'd spend weeks up there buying all those treasures.

It'll help you in your m/x

Sad to say but that's a horse I haven't tried to remount since 4/27/13.

Pat

and they still make them there meaning they are still available. The main difference is fuel injection. I say put the motor in a Versys 1000, making it a Versys 1200 and bring it here.

I have seen some pictures of a new ducati scrambler that gave me palpatations. I'll try to find the photo again and post it. The chopper however is nightmarish.

Edited by bwpsg42
szurszewski

I'd buy this one if I had an extra $2k laying around - maybe if he can't sell it whole, I can convince him to part it out and sell me the pretty grey plastics for cheap....

R1100RT for $2k

00W0W_gP3vPjTWZgt_600x450.jpg

Is it me or does that seem like a ridiculously good deal?

Good deal.

He figures it's worth $3,500 but will have to spend $1,400 to fix the seal.

So if one is handy with a wrench, it would be a steal.

Is it me or does that seem like a ridiculously good deal?

Good deal.

He figures it's worth $3,500 but will have to spend $1,400 to fix the seal.

So if one is handy with a wrench, it would be a steal.

Especially since the seal does not require urgent attention. No leaks or drips, only "seeping". It could be years before it is a real problem.

Wish Paul was still around because he would with confidence call that bike a K100 rs all day long. ;) I believe it is too.

Edit...

Ok, they got me!! Upper Fairing from a K100 rs. :dopeslap:

Pat

Edited by TEWKS
  • 2 weeks later...

A nice Guzzi here:

v7 Racer

Not the best bargain, but has some nice additions. I prefer the laced tires myself, and also this year's chrome tank. But I'm tempted. Very temtped.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh, there was a red along with the silver ZRX at the Lime Rock Rally a few weeks ago. The red is stunning in person! :thumbsup:

Pat

Lime Rock? That brings back memories. One of my sisters used to live in Falls Village. It's been a long time since I've been up there.

Stopped in Falls Village for breakfast at Toymaker's Cafe on my way home after the rally. Very nice area! :thumbsup:

http://www.ride-ct.com/?page_id=3400

Pat

link doesn't work for me.

My brother in law owned Falls Village Plumbing and Heating. They had a Salt Box house across from the business on RT 7. The house should still be there. IIRC, it's north of the 126 junction, but it's been years. The house was built in 1719 and they added an addition to it. He closed or sold the business years ago and they divorced and he's since passed. I rode up there a couple times. It was nice riding back then too.

• 2 weeks later...