IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

They're both good deals. As long as you're okay with a really slow, poorly braked, anemically carbed motorcycle.

I've ridden a few, & they are only slightly less lousy than the R50. :P

• 2 weeks later...

00r0r_c8UtkAmMf3r_600x450.jpg

With the length of those handlebars it looks like you'd have to get off the bike to make any kind of sharp turn.

Yep - that's one way to (slightly) reduce the odds of tipping it over.

Where's the megaphone when you need one?

"Put the welder down, and nobody gets hurt!"

With the length of those handlebars it looks like you'd have to get off the bike to make any kind of sharp turn.

With the length of those handlebars I'd want to get off the bike before making any kind of sharp turn.

• 2 weeks later...

I've never seen a CL with pictures of other pictures - that's funny!

...but if it weren't so far away I'd sure go take a look at it with maybe $300 in my pocket - how bad could it be? :rofl:

Even tempting for me to see at only about 150 miles away. I asked for some current pics to give myself a judgement call. In any case a good candidate for a parts bike at that price although saving it and again riding would be what I like to do!

$500 is not bad risk, the seats are probably worth half of that. Tempting, but i have some antique hit&miss engines i need to get rid of before another bike gets added.

Not the best picture to use when trying to sell your R1150R. :dopeslap:

However, he does mention it needs new tires.

Moron?

Depends on to whom you are marketing. ;)

Tru dat, but it does seem to be outside of the regular demographic. :grin:

Edited by eddd

Indeed, but maybe he wanted to make sure a bunch of old geezers didn't start calling him. :Cool:

(No offense to any geezers, old or otherwise, is intended by this post.) :wave:

PS - you'd think the front tire would be just fine....

Edited by szurszewski
  • 1 month later...
Elk here are a few pics. The first set are how I bought it, but after I washed it and cleaned it up and got it rolling on some old tires but not yet running

http://s1201.photobucket.com/user/kmac530/library/#/user/kmac530/library/?sort=3&page=1&_suid=136574048196806481947845053132

I will try to find some with the bed I built out of wood and my small WWW tires

Kmac, your truck is a '49, correct? We had one like that; gray, long bed, and with those big Budd wheels. Was listed as 3/4 ton but had huge springs under the bed. Put 3,000 or 3,200 lbs of livestock feed in back to deliver to one of Dad's customers, and it would ride like a luxury car! That cab would hold four men comfortably, and Dad said it was about the first pickup which had anywhere near that sort of room.

• 2 weeks later...

That RD 350 was my 2nd MC.. after a new Honda 350/4.Traded the RD for a new 1975 Z1 at 17 years old.Lucky I'm alive after that one.

2GTBT.

Too good to be true, I'm suspicious.

If I was a bit closer, I would check it out and take a bite.

Edited by enfoman
I may need an intervention here! :/

Pat

The first step is admitting you have a problem ;)

Hello my name is Patrick and I am a bikeaholic. :wave:

Pat