IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

Had a chance to buy one just like this a few years back for eight thousand, asking price. I thought it was way overpriced then! :dopeslap:

Doubt he'll get fifteen but then again, you never know.

https://nh.craigslist.org/mcy/5043616692.html

00s0s_f5atkLoxXSK_600x450.jpg

Pat

Those highway pegs are hideous and the owner should be drawn and quartered for having them on such a beautiful machine.

Those highway pegs are hideous and the owner should be drawn and quartered for having them on such a beautiful machine.

Oh, thought they were shrubbery clearing implements. :grin:

00R0R_glvyesyrHRl_600x450.jpg

Agree, they are gross!

Pat

Oh, thought they were shrubbery clearing implements. :grin:

00R0R_glvyesyrHRl_600x450.jpg

Agree, they are gross!

Pat

Implements? You know, Tewks, you may have a point there as the GS always has reminded me of a farm implement. :P

Glenn Reed

The first two are already flagged for removal, I did the same for the one in San Antonio also.

I've seen this before, where they advertise the same item in lots of different locales, at really low prices. This is the first one I've seen where they only accept text messages. I'm assuming they are trying to get valid cell numbers for some nefarious purpose.

Interesting, he specifically mentions plastic sleeves on the tires. I assume you use those because they are hard and slick, so you can drift better, and then when those are worn out, you just replace the sleeves, not the whole tire. Learn something new every day! :dopeslap:

John Ranalletta

Just saw a video where a guy uses large, PVC pipe with plywood inserts glued in for sidewalls. Really don't need rubber tires, per se.

szurszewski
How did I ever get along without this thing????

Link

00I0I_73xBc3yRaKD_600x450.jpg

What I'm gathering, both from the things you've been posting in this thread AND the fact that you are finding and posting them, is that folks in Hawaii really do lead the tropical lives of leisure the rest of expect them too. :)

^^^

Um, yeah; :P

"The bike is in pretty good condition for a 37 year old bike."

The only way that makes sense, is if he meant that it's in pretty good shape for a bike that's been in a junkyard for 37 years. But then again, there's only one category for that: Junk.

Bud, it's not Boston Green but the mileage may make up for that! :thumbsup:

https://nh.craigslist.org/mcy/5093521601.html

00A0A_HXHfwktbG4_600x450.jpg

Pat

Pat,

Nice ride. But I'm picking up Foot's 09 GS on Monday so I doubt that Nancy would smile with 4 motorcycles in the garage. :grin:

Many say the 04 was the best year. Sure looks factory new.

Edited by Bud

Bill, it was a 2005 GS for $2500. The mileage wasn't outrageous but he did say it sat for four years.

http://plattsburgh.craigslist.org/mcy/5101586827.html

00y0y_3co40frwFtW_600x450.jpg

This is probably not the deal of the century but I swear that is the seat off of my 94 RSL. :Cool: Same color leather with the yellow welts. No rumble seat, either. I sold it to a guy that had a silver RS after trading my bike.

Carry on. ;):grin:

Pat

Nothing to do with motorcycles, but it's an intriguing ad, nonetheless. I'm tempted to go buy a couple parts and send them to him, just to see what in tarnation he's building:

http://honolulu.craigslist.org/big/bop/5057194958.html

"Need an old bicycle seat to make a makeshift prosthetic leg. Any old bike seat and the pipe that goes into the bike frame will do. Thank you..."