IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

szurszewski

If they didn't sell well because they were odd looking, I can see why going to the CL design with the spider eyes didn't help things...

tom collins

that bike is stock. the exhaust is stock as are the bars, screen and seats. bmw did not really understand cruisers and it showed in the engineering of the bike. it was actually too good as a cruiser motorcycle but not really good enough for the average bmw rider. neither fish nor fowl as they say.

I imagine this will get flagged quickly, but it gave me a chuckle this morning

http://reading.craigslist.org/bar/5560051042.html

Soul for Trade (Pennsylvania)

I am a morally flexible individual looking to get ahead financially. Male, athletic, reasonably attractive, non-smoker, social drinker, drug free, with a diverse amount of interests and abilities. Looking to make $100k ASAP. Let me know what odd jobs you need done. Text me (484) 5seven7-99three8. NO EMAILS

szurszewski
BMW r100t, Faired,carries Yakima bike rack, Plus Spare Fairing, Extras - $3200 (napa county)

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/nby/mpo/5549696702.html

"Need money to pay lawyer."

Good grief. Wife prolly got sick of him putting stickers all over everything....

I clicked the "more ads by this user" and found 151 more ads! I looked at a few, and he does seem to like stickers. They also listed some other reasons for needing money, ie. medical issues forcing sale, and need money for crooked lawyer, etc. One ad was for "250 VHS tapes of a mature nature" - I bet that would be an interesting lot to go through...

• 5 weeks later...
Sam Rowland

I can't say these are super good deals or not, but Craigslist here in the Phoenix area has 2 2013 1200RT's listed, they are private sales (not dealer)

1st....2013 R1200RT 90th anniversary edition, color = black, 49,000 miles and a 2 year extended warranty w/ $50 deductible owner says it's loaded with extras but doesn't list anything other that what I consider standard or maybe premium equipment. Owner also states it was "professionally" serviced every 3000 miles. $10,000

2nd....2013 R1200RT "tri color" 3107 miles (almost unbelievable)

owner says it's "factory lowered" and it has the low seat option too. It also has a top case and Wunderlich bag and engine guards, and Nav IV.. asking $12,999

Sam Rowland

I can't say these are super good deals or not, but Craigslist here in the Phoenix area has 2 2013 1200RT's listed, they are private sales (not dealer)

1st....2013 R1200RT 90th anniversary edition, color = black, 49,000 miles and a 2 year extended warranty w/ $50 deductible owner says it's loaded with extras but doesn't list anything other that what I consider standard or maybe premium equipment. Owner also states it was "professionally" serviced every 3000 miles. $10,000

owner says it's "factory lowered" and it has the low seat option too. It also has a top case and Wunderlich bag and engine guards, and Nav IV.. asking $12,999

Probably bought it from GOAZ. Bob Parsons likes to sell the privilege of having them service your bike every 3000 miles whether it needs it or not. Probably paid at least a couple grand extra for the privilege.

roadscholar

00m0m_3LZqX4dAqcA_600x450.jpg

There were a decent number of those conversions floating around 20 or so years ago. I really wanted one because I had a Porsche Super-90 motor (1600/107 hp) sitting around that would bolt right up to that adapter plate. Of course the final drive wouldn't have lasted too long. :grin:

Sam Rowland

Probably bought it from GOAZ. Bob Parsons likes to sell the privilege of having them service your bike every 3000 miles whether it needs it or not. Probably paid at least a couple grand extra for the privilege.

I have heard some really negative things about the BMW dealers here in the Phoenix area, but that GoAZ was better than the Chandler dealer. Any truth to that?

I've bought 3 BMWs from GO AZ. And very happy until they changed service managers. New one was no where to be found if you wanted if you wanted to talk to him about a service charge. Lost faith in them and bought my new BMW elsewhere.

GT

"Street legal. No insurance or registration needed."

WTF????

Well, it is in Vegas... :rofl:

Pretty sure this seller is mistaken or just plain lying. Here are the rules for Nevada:

Mopeds in the state of Nevada have very specific requirements. To be classified as a moped, this vehicle:

Must not produce more than 2 gross brake horsepower.

Must not have an engine bigger than 50 cubic centimeters.

Must not reach speeds greater than 30 mph on a flat surface.

A moped which meets all of these criteria does not require insurance or vehicle registration, but it must have all the proper safety equipment and you must carry a regular Class C or higher driver's license to operate in order to drive it on public streets.

Anything that doesn't meet these requirements must be registered, licensed, and insured.

I guess you could argue that prior to the modifications it met the standards, but I'm betting there is a better than average chance that you'd be pulled over riding that thing on public roads.

Edited by eddd

Pat, Sweet Duc. If you do track days that would ok... though a pretty large displacement for Laudon, NH.

Check out Tony's Track Days if you're interested.

Your wife might not approve... :/

I did a track day years ago up there on my 94 900ss and it was just about perfect. A little slow down the straight (a girl kept passing me on a 600cc Kaw) :grin: but what a fun time! :thumbsup:

Pat

Why didn't ya do more? It sounds like a great group of people hooked up with Tony and Fishtail. That's according to the brothers that do this track type stuff.

Two reasons I guess, at the time it was $200 bucks for the day which was a lot of $$ for me then and, I didn't want to toss the bike down the track. :eek:

Pat

I think I'd buy the one in the BMWST forum's classifieds section. It's a little cheaper! :thumbsup::grin:

Pat

• 4 weeks later...
Lone_RT_rider

4K is about right, but they usually have about 20K more miles on them. For that reason, it's a decent deal. Not that I keep drooling over these.... :)

I'm not up on what these are going for, but it seems like a decent deal.

01515_buZIzzxGPJh_600x450.jpg

Link

The K1200rs are a mixed bag out here. Some in the bay are expensive, some closer to me are cheaper.

These all have potentially the same issues, unfortunately.

ABS brakes and a dreaded rear main seal (16 hour job for main seal).

I have a 99 K12RS.

Edited by NickInSac
00i0i_85i9aU9afti_600x450.jpg

This looks like a good deal on an interesting short-lived model.

link

For a 43 year old bike, it looks great. Carb rebuild kits are kind of pricey in you need 4 of them.

Hmmm, that is a neat bike...and I'm going to be Whip's next week with one bike on a 2 bike trailer. Tempting!

The bike is in the next town over. If you'd like I could take a look at it and give you a heads up before you commit to a long side trip.

Let me make sure this isn't grounds for a divorce and also talk to the owner first. I'll pm you if it's a go. It would be great to know I didn't drive 500 miles only to find a fatal flaw in a good looking bike.

Thanks, might do that. The first bike I rode in 1963 was a Honda 50 so brings back memories. An old airhead would be fun too.