IGNORED

Craigslist find of the day

TEWKS

I rode my 07 ST3s 7900 mile across country and had a blast. Photo below is Going to the Sun, 2009. Gave it to my brother for money... Had to get another one because of sellers remorse.

East%20Coast%20amp%20Motorcycle%20Trip%202009%20140_zps9w3h2vsm.jpg[/url][/img]

Hey, at least you kept her in the family! :thumbsup: I really doubt i'll ever have sellers remorse with my 900SS. I've had it for twenty two years now, she's a keeper.

100_7391.jpg

Pat

That's cool Pat. Was that photo taken last year? lOvE the glasses, go great with the bike! Really.

Have you ever gone to Thompson or Loudon with the bike? Probably too much bike for either... unless ya like tire walls! :rofl:

You really selling?

:wave:

Hey Pat, is she an SP?

Hey, at least you kept her in the family! :thumbsup: I really doubt i'll ever have sellers remorse with my 900SS. I've had it for twenty two years now, she's a keeper.

100_7391.jpg

Pat

That's cool Pat. Was that photo taken last year? lOvE the glasses, go great with the bike! Really.

Have you ever gone to Thompson or Loudon with the bike? Probably too much bike for either... unless ya like tire walls! :rofl:

You really selling?

:wave:

No, not selling the SS, I absolutely love that bike! :thumbsup: I rode the 900SS at a track day, Loudon. So much fun!

The pic with the Desmosedici (not mine) was a few years ago at Loudon also. An incredibly evil sounding motorcycle! :thumbsup:

Pat

Thanks my friend. Picked her up this weekend, actually. Tommy pointed me in the right direction as he always does. The man has an eye for fine Eye-talian steel.

That said, Pat gets the :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: for that beautiful 900SS. It would make Peter Egan drool.

Hey Pat, is she an SP?

Yes it is, SP numbered 161. Me thinking it's something special, they probably have them numbered up to ten thousand. :grin:

Pat

Great bike!

What a wonderful machine. Are you the first owner?

Next summer I think I will hunt down a nicely sorted out 916 (the Vincent of our day IMO). Great value these days. I think it will go nicely with my heavily moded ST4. I've also owned a 00 900 Monster Dark and a 01 600 Monster, all wonderful bikes.

Hey Pat, is she an SP?

Yes it is, SP numbered 161. Me thinking it's something special, they probably have them numbered up to ten thousand. :grin:

Pat

Edited by T.M. Roe
Great bike!

What a wonderful machine. Are you the first owner?

Thanks, yes bought it new in 94 from Eastern Cycle Salvage in Beverly Ma which soon after became Eastern Cycle Ducati. The name Salvage confused a lot of people I think.

Great little shop ( had that old seventies motorcycle shop feel IYKWIM ) but, he sold-out to Cycles 128 which is a multi brand store.

Pat

Don't short yourself, only 1875 SPs built from 93 (125 re-badged as 94s) to 96. It looks like your bike is an early 94 with total SP production for the whole year only 390. Pretty cool.

Hey Pat, is she an SP?

Pat

Don't short yourself, only 1875 SPs built from 93 (125 re-badged as 94s) to 96. It looks like your bike is an early 94 with total SP production for the whole year only 390. Pretty cool.

Great info, thanks! :thumbsup:

Pat

Dennis Andress

Tallman, I loved my K12RS, until I bought the K13. The hundred pounds difference in weight makes a huge difference. The K13s are for sale though. I bought an F800 GS a few months ago. Most giggles per mile of any bike I've owned.

Next summer I think I will hunt down a nicely sorted out 916 (the Vincent of our day IMO). Great value these days. I think it will go nicely with my heavily moded ST4. I've also owned a 00 900 Monster Dark and a 01 600 Monster, all wonderful bikes.

Couldn't resist...

link

00a0a_572yYlFPW39_600x450.jpg

I can't resist either. Jake and I found several well maintained, cherry 916s,in the 5 to 7k range.(And can still make your eyes bleed).

These things are great buys right now.

In 20 years I will be kicking myself for not picking one up if I don't get one in the next year or so.

I can't resist either. Jake and I found several well maintained, cherry 916s,in the 5 to 7k range.(And can still make your eyes bleed).

In 20 years I will be kicking myself for not picking one up if I don't get one in the next year or so.

You know you are gonna buy one! :wave:

You know you are gonna buy one! :wave:

If there is a Moto God........

I wish it was as easy to find that big box of money I have no plans for as it was to find all these great bikes

Dennis Andress

I wish it was as easy to find that big box of money I have no plans for as it was to find all these great bikes

Honestly sir, times of little money and great motorcycling are more fun than times of lots of money and little motorcycling.

(My dream of owning a R1200 RS is about 4 years away...)

Thanks my friend. Picked her up this weekend, actually. Tommy pointed me in the right direction as he always does. The man has an eye for fine Eye-talian steel.

The pic with the Desmosedici (not mine) was a few years ago at Loudon also. An incredibly evil sounding motorcycle!

Look & listen, I do suggest breaking out the depends! :rofl:

Pat

LINK

Hard to find in this condition.

"Tallman, I loved my K12RS, until I bought the K13. The hundred pounds difference in weight makes a huge difference. The K13s are for sale though. I bought an F800 GS a few months ago. Most giggles per mile of any bike I've owned"

Yes.

I took our shop's first wedge K12 S out for gas up and first ride.

Came back, did a U turn in the parking lot, and contemplated doing something I really, really shouldn't.

:grin:

Those models fit and performed.

Then the K 13 S came out, oh my.

We set up a ton of those K12's and 13's S models w/bags etc and had people ride them all over the country, some 2 up.

The 800's work. Would love a ride report/review.

Dennis Andress

Moving to the Olympic peninsula changed everything. It's hard to get the K13 out of 2nd gear around here. And when you do, there are no sight lines through the curves. If you screw up you will hit a tree, or a rock.

The GS is the right bike for the time, the time of big annual home improvement projects. I figure those will take another 3 years. Until then I'll be content with short Sunday morning rides.

I bought an F800 GS a few months ago. Most giggles per mile of any bike I've owned.

The 800's work. Would love a ride report/review.

+ 1

Edited by workin' them angels
Moving to the Olympic peninsula changed everything. It's hard to get the K13 out of 2nd gear around here. And when you do, there are no sight lines through the curves. If you screw up you will hit a tree, or a rock.

The GS is the right bike for the time, the time of big annual home improvement projects. I figure those will take another 3 years. Until then I'll be content with short Sunday morning rides.

Now you understand why, when I was up in Olympia for 5 years, I sold the FJR I had and bought a 650 V-strom. Much more suited to the topography, the road structure, and the enforcement.

Re the ST4, I had one of those. Definitely serious fun. It comes with a little devil who rides on your shoulder and says "You can take that corner faster than that."

Dennis Andress

I'm almost embarrassed to mention that my bike has 20,000 less miles than that one. :facepalm: Looks like it was well cared for! :thumbsup:

Pat

Don't feel bad about it. We have a neighbor with a 2012 Camaro SS Pace Car, with all of 1200 miles.

Cheap, disposable, transportation!

Exactly - I'm sure you could make the money in parts if the "good" one quit and you didn't want to put any funds into it. If we were in Portland still (instead of Oklahoma) I would have posted the ad after I'd made arrangements to get them into my garage :)