IGNORED

El Paseo V, Blairsville, GA, April 22-24

David

Nothing worth eating will survive the ride down from ChiTown. But throwing some food on Mark's grill sounds like a nice plan. Is there a store nearby where grill-food could be purchased? Are you driving Mark?

Joe Frickin' Friday
You're right Paul...Helen will be a disaster. I'm dropping out, but I'm going to drag my Weber grill up, a bag of Kingsford, a six pack of Pilsner Urquell and some brats and go to town cool.gif. I'll keep the fire going for anyone who wants to toss some food on the grill.

THIS actually sounds pretty damn good!

How big is yer grill? crazy.gif

You're right Paul...Helen will be a disaster. I'm dropping out, but I'm going to drag my Weber grill up, a bag of Kingsford, a six pack of Pilsner Urquell and some brats and go to town cool.gif. I'll keep the fire going for anyone who wants to toss some food on the grill.

THIS actually sounds pretty damn good!

How big is yer grill? crazy.gif

I would pitch $$$ in for this option... thumbsup.gif

Kenny Haynes

So Mark is buying/cooking dinner for everyone, yeahhhh! clap.gif

(let me know if I can help with something mi amigo)

steve.foote

Woo Hoo! This just keeps getting better. Grilling sounds supermundo. I'm bringing the truck (with RT strapped to the back) and can bring other necessities such as a cooler and supplies. Let me know what would be needed.

Woo Hoo! This just keeps getting better. Grilling sounds supermundo. I'm bringing the truck (with RT strapped to the back) and can bring other necessities such as a cooler and supplies. Let me know what would be needed.

Before it becomes like a Burning Man event, you all might want to check with the hotel to see how they feel about chargoal grills in the parking lot...or the park, just behind, just in case they require permits. smile.gif

Paul Mihalka
If there's an issue we can always find the guy who got screwed with a smoking room...grill in there...

We better unplug the smoke alarm! cool.gif

StretchMark

I had actually called the hotel first to see if there were grills in the little park behind the hotel, but no luck. He said if I wanted to grill up there it would not be a problem. It's the 22" Weber, so I should have plenty of room. I'll drive it up there Thursday. There is a grocery store close by, but get your beer before Blairsville, it's a dry county.

Mark,

I was going to offer to line my GIVI w/ foil to double the grill area...

but if Steve is bringing the Rightspinmobile...

all we need to bring are the matches. grin.gif

Looks like cigars aren't gonna be the only items lit in the parking lot. clap.gif

Anybody doing a cheese and sausage run this year? tongue.gif

DavidEBSmith

eek.gifget your beer before Blairsville, it's a dry county.

As I recall Towns County to the east isn't, so the closest beer would be maybe in Young Harris or definitely in Hiawassee.

but get your beer before Blairsville, it's a dry county.

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Just thinkin about what a Ducati looks like, with a case of beer strapped on the back grin.gif

steve.foote

Before it becomes like a Burning Man event, you all might want to check with the hotel to see how they feel about chargoal grills in the parking lot...or the park, just behind, just in case they require permits. smile.gif

David, if you have had any of Marks barbque, you will know why I'm so excited. Maybe he'll bring a little tenderloin. Aaaaaaggggggghhhhhhh (Homer Simpson sound). thumbsup.gif

StretchMark

Oh man...putting pressure on me. blush.gif I was going to try to get one of the Chi-town meat experts to take over the grill.

Did someone say "Cheese and Sausage"? Dick..are you out there? Mmmmmm!

Oh man...putting pressure on me. blush.gif I was going to try to get one of the Chi-town meat experts to take over the grill.

Did someone say "Cheese and Sausage"? Dick..are you out there? Mmmmmm!

Hey, provide the food and I'm happy to cook! thumbsup.gif

Man, are any of the rest of you excited about this next weekend? I just flat can't wait to get back on the bike again. I haven't ridden since our big Mexico trip. Been so busy I haven't even started up the bike.

This is going to be fun, fun, fun. Really looking forward to seeing all you folks I know again...and getting to know some new riders, too.

For those of you who have never attended, please introduce yourself to anyone who looks like they've been there before and I think you'll find a pretty friendly, low key bunch.

We're a group of hard working people who really enjoy riding and being around other riders.

See you all in less than a week! thumbsup.gif

Paul Mihalka

Mark,

I'm afraid that with your little comment of bringing your Weber to grill something for yourself you got yourself into a heap of trouble cool.gif Looks like you have been volunteered to use your grill to feed the masses. If that's the case, let us know how we can help and if/how much monies are involved. I feel guilty that I started this avalanch rolling by saying that I will have dinner in Helen, and then it turned out to be a bad idea.

David, for excitement I now how you feel. I did not have a "sleep away from home" ride since returning from Cody. That's way too long!

David,

Just wanted to let you know that I cancelled my room this morning, that someone who dowsn't have a room might get a reservation. Still planning to come, will be with Kirbo. We are both very excited, never been to this part of the country.

Linda

1150 RT clap.gif

Man, are any of the rest of you excited about this next weekend?

OH Yeah, I am pumped. I just know I won't be able to sleep Wednesday night! thumbsup.gif

Man, are any of the rest of you excited about this next weekend?

OH Yeah, I am pumped. I just know I won't be able to sleep Wednesday night! thumbsup.gif

I've already stopped sleeping! dopeslap.gif

Paul Mihalka

Another possibility for a Friday night group dinner: I just talked to the Dillard House Inn/Restaurant in Dillard GA. From Blairsville to Dillard you take rt. 76 east to Clayton/rt. 441, Dillard is a few miles north. Nice road. Total about 50 miles from Blairsville. Family style full dinner $18.95. I mentioned to them a group of +/- 15, and they could take us. Any takers? Yes/no/maybe? I don't want to overload Mark's Weber and make work for some people.

Lone_RT_rider

I guess I am open to whatever is easiest. Whatever works out for everyone is fine. If it gets to complicated there is always the Shoney's or the Waffel House. grin.gif

Shawn

David, work crisis came up and I'm out. BUMMER!!! I was looking forward to talking with you about Copper Canyon. This is the first one I've missed and I'm really disappointed after a long winter. Be sure to take me off the dinner count. See ya in the fall,

John

Lone_RT_rider
there is always the Waffel House.grin.gif

Shawn

I heard that the WAFFLE house is good, too! grin.gif

Thanks professor, my dyslexia must be in full swing as it's Friday.

Joe Frickin' Friday

Shawn

Oh good, I'm not the only shnitpicker... crazy.gif

Shawn

Mmmmm...grilled BarBQ wafflees tongue.gif

Beth and I are still trying to make it. Mom-in-law broke ankle and has cast bigger than she is, daughter just had emergency apendectomy, my back is "out" and sciatic pain is causing halcinashuns.

At least Beth keeps saying we'll find a way. clap.gif

Hope we don't get in the bysighklists way grin.gif.

Man, are any of the rest of you excited about this next weekend? I just flat can't wait to get back on the bike again. I haven't ridden since our big Mexico trip. Been so busy I haven't even started up the bike.

Yes. Yes I am. More than you can imagine.

I hadn't ridden since backing the bike off the truck from the last El Paeso. But last week I put over a thousand miles on the bike. Three friends have just started riding, first bikes...it's really exciting to see. I also got some riding in by myself to clear my head on some decisions. Pulled off to the side and caught a half hour nap by the Rock River. I've been feeling the need for some "alone" time and I got it. New Darien arrived, my old one needs some work and I didn't want to risk it. Also I got a new helmet which will be here Monday.

It's weird, but I'm actually looking forward to the slab ride down there.

I'm good for anything involving grilling...buying, cooking, helping, eating, whatever!

Not being a BBQ person, I'm game.

Does anyone know if the new (and final?) ride maps are up on the site yet?

SteveHebert

If you have not eatenat the Dillard House, you are missing a fabulous meal! This sounds like one of the best El Paseo's yet. I wish I could make it.

You guys and girls have fun and I will see you the next time. I head out tomorrow morning.

Steve

StretchMark

Ken,

The Garmin files and PDF maps are up. I asked Matt to put up the turn by turn directions too. I will be printing out a few copies to put in the hotel lobby, but I would encourage people to go ahead and print them out ahead of time.

Back to grill talk, John (CalabashRT) has donated 48 dogs and 16 brats to the cause. I'll be bringing some too, and as I mentioned, there is a grocery store right around the corner if anyone else wants to grab something to throw on.

I'll be doing the GS route on Friday. I'm not sure what time we get back to the hotel, but I'll leave the grill and supplies in the back of the truck for anyone who gets back before us and wants to get it going.

steve.foote
Another possibility for a Friday night group dinner: I just talked to the Dillard House Inn/Restaurant in Dillard GA. From Blairsville to Dillard you take rt. 76 east to Clayton/rt. 441, Dillard is a few miles north. Nice road. Total about 50 miles from Blairsville. Family style full dinner $18.95. I mentioned to them a group of +/- 15, and they could take us. Any takers? Yes/no/maybe? I don't want to overload Mark's Weber and make work for some people.

Paul, add me and Silvia to the maybe's. We're going to wing it on Friday night. BBQ looks good, but so does sitting down somewhere.

I guess we'll have to watch the herd. grin.gif

Joe Frickin' Friday
Garmin files here.

Has the Garmin file changed recently? I downloaded it 2-3 weeks ago; do I need to get it again?

StretchMark

Has the Garmin file changed recently? I downloaded it 2-3 weeks ago; do I need to get it again?

Yes, we found a few stray vias that force you to do U-turns, so they have been fixed.

Crap! I just remembered, I still have one bad turn on the GS route that takes you down a guys driveway. You get to see an old 'Cuda before you have to turn around so it's not all bad.

SNIP I'll be doing the GS route on Friday. I'm not sure what time we get back to the hotel, but I'll leave the grill and supplies in the back of the truck for anyone who gets back before us and wants to get it going.

Mark how many people do you have together for the ride Friday? I'm thinking of trying to make it in Thursday night. Also how rough is the route(knobbies needed)?

StretchMark

David,

Not sure how many people will be on the GS ride on Friday, but please feel free to join us. I know Mr Baker is doing it with me, but not sure who else.

Most of the offroad is nice gravel. Only 1 somewhat technical downhill section, but you should not have any problems running it with the block pattern tires.

Also how rough is the route(knobbies needed)?

He told me I could make it on an RT ... so unless his cousin is waiting to haul my broken-down ass out of there, then you should be fine on a GS without knobbies.

David,

Not sure how many people will be on the GS ride on Friday, but please feel free to join us. I know Mr Baker is doing it with me, but not sure who else.

Most of the offroad is nice gravel. Only 1 somewhat technical downhill section, but you should not have any problems running it with the block pattern tires.

What time are you planning to leave Friday? I'd like to join in but I may be getting in late Thursday and not have a chance to discus rides.

Sounds good, I'll be up before then so I'm sure I'll be able to find you or DB in the parking lot. By the way nice job on the routes thumbsup.gif See ya Friday.

Quick question all - Tell me again what the 'default" BMWST FRS channel is? I didn't have a FRS the last time and didn't pay enough attention to what we use.

"On the road again" Wednesday morning!

See you all there!

Archived