IGNORED

El Paseo V, Blairsville, GA, April 22-24

David

Just checked with the hotel. They are no longer overbooked, so as long as your room is guaranteed with a credit card, you won't have any trouble.

David,

Thanks, they told me that yesterday when I called to see if any rooms available for Thursday night. I offered to pay for an additional night to guarantee having the weekend nights. They said it wasn't necessary as our room was confirmed.

Should've posted this info. dopeslap.gif

Something else the hotel management told me: "You are part of a really nice group. We've never had a better group of motorcyclists in terms of patience and being easy to work with."

That's pretty cool.

I take it they've never met any of us face to face?

Omigod, I just realized the Agent Orange will be their first "personal contact".

dopeslap.gif

Well I guess Woody is a better choice than me! grin.gif

Unfortunately I'm out. After spending $200 on Cortech luggage and prepping for the trip...my rocker box sprang an oil leak. Next event for sure!

Paul Mihalka

I was watching it. The forecast changes about every hour. It's April. If you don't like it, just wait ten minutes or ride ten miles smirk.gif

Unfortunately ... out. Obligations bring me back to NJ late Sunday morning, so it's just less stressful not to go than to have to rush.

It's been unseasonably warm here the last few days. Don't tell me I'll travel 700mi south and it will get colder. NOOOOO...

steve.foote

Well, it doesn't matter to me if it's cold, raining, snowing or warm and sunny, I'm going.

Last El Paseo, I let a relative minor problem at my office keep me from attending. I've regretted it ever since.

[spoken in Arnold Schwarzenegger voice] "I'll be there!"

In addition to the chance of rain, the lows are 34 for Saturday and 35 for Sunday.

Wow! Totally different forecast at http://www.wunderground.com with lows a dozen degrees higher. confused.gif

Hey, at least we won't be riding single track thru the snow, like EP I dopeslap.gif

Mr Pou

Anyone else planning to arrive on Friday morning around noon? I would like to join up with some folks for an afternoon ride. I realize that most of the Thursday arrivees will already be out on their rides by noon on Friday.

Pumped for my first El Paseo!!!! clap.gif

Just dropped in and noticed this event not too far from home.

Warning, Lance Armstrong and the "Tour de Georgia" will be in the Georgia mountains this weekend and the traffic, if like last year, will be a mess.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but it can ruin a nice motorcycle ride in the mountains if not taken into consideration. If you appreciate what these bike riders do, then you are in for a real treat!

For info, www.tourdegeorgia.com

Anyone else planning to arrive on Friday morning around noon? I would like to join up with some folks for an afternoon ride. I realize that most of the Thursday arrivees will already be out on their rides by noon on Friday.

Hi Ken.... I'll be arriving a little before noon with 4 other bikes... you're welcome to join us for an afternoon ride. Keep an eye out for us..we'll be hard to miss as we'll have a 1150R, 1150RT, 1150GS, 1200GT and probably a 1200GS in the group. I'll be the guy on the grey/green GT.

[quote

Hi Ken.... I'll be arriving a little before noon with 4 other bikes... you're welcome to join us for an afternoon ride. Keep an eye out for us..we'll be hard to miss as we'll have a 1150R, 1150RT, 1150GS, 1200GT and probably a 1200GS in the group. I'll be the guy on the grey/green GT.

Thanks Ed. I should arrive around 11am. I'll look for you guys.

The weather forecasts coming from the different sources in metro Atlanta are starting to look pretty much alike. Expect rain on Friday, and it could start as early as Thursday evening. The temperatures Saturday and Sunday mornings are forecast for the mid 30s. Saturday's daytime temperature is expected to reach only slightly over 60, and Sunday's isn't supposed to get much higher. However, the rain is supposed to end Saturday morning. Expect about five degrees cooler weather in the mountains, so freezing at night is possible.

Now if only the forecast for this weekend will run like last weekend's -- expected highs in the low 70s gave us temperatures of 80 and higher.

Calvin  (no socks)

Steve, my wife just told me to take an extra day and get some pictures of Lance for her. Im there....

Thurs evening....Wooo Hooo!

steve.foote
Steve, my wife just told me to take an extra day and get some pictures of Lance for her. Im there....

Thurs evening....Wooo Hooo!

All right! The founding members of the NoCrew Crew ride again. thumbsup.gif

Lone_RT_rider

You know, there is one positive note to the impending rainy weather. It might send some of the spectators of the Tour deGeorgia running for cover and leave our roads a little more bare? Just a thought. I know, keep dreaming! crazy.gif

Shawn

Ken,

I typically arrive around 11 to get a quick bite and go on the Friday ride. I would like to join your group if I may.

-Andy

steve.foote

Hey Andy. I should be in about the same time, maybe a little closer to noon. I'd enjoy riding with you again.

Ken,

I typically arrive around 11 to get a quick bite and go on the Friday ride. I would like to join your group if I may.

-Andy

Hi Andy.

Sounds good. I will be looking forward to meeting you. Sounds like there will be several of us arriving around noon on Friday.

Beth and I will be rolling in Friday too. Depends on whether we linger in Dahlonega Friday morning as to when we get to Blairsville.

May see you, thumbsup.gif

or pass you. grin.gif

John Ranalletta

There's construction on a southbound overpass on I-65 south of Louisville. At rush hour this evening, the traffic was backed up for miles.

If you're using this route to El Paseo, choose an alternate if traveling in high traffic times.

Shawn I like the way you think! thumbsup.gif

Mike Howard (draftermike) and I are in Nashville from Kansas City today, so we're almost there, relatively speaking!

Well as much as I want to make this El Paseo it just ain't going to happen.

I had knee surgery 2 weeks ago today and it isn't mended enough to make that far of a trip. I tried riding some over the last two days and the pain just says no. frown.giffrown.gif

If I had to make a fast stop, foot down to balance I'd most likely crash. As the old saying goes "a man has got to know his limitations" Two rooms will be cancelled in the morning.

See you at the Un, Maybe Torrey.

Hey,hey, let's be careful out there!!!

First leg for me (Thur 4/20)was from Pensacola to Montgomery Al, spend the night and take off in the morning with Fiance on back, she had to work today.

Just made it to her house, got the bike under cover and the ceiling dropped out, I did not get wet. I hope this is a sign of good luck on this trip. We are leaving in the morning from Montgomery up Hwy 9 then thru Rome on our way over, if time permits we might check out Delonaga.

Keep your fingers crossed.

thumbsup.gif

Anybody interested in sharing a room to save $$$? PM me if you are interested. Will be arriving Friday around 1PM. I currently have a reservation for a room with two double beds smoking, even though I don't smoke.

First leg for me (Thur 4/20)was from Pensacola to Montgomery Al, spend the night and take off in the morning with Fiance on back, she had to work today.

Just made it to her house, got the bike under cover and the ceiling dropped out, I did not get wet. I hope this is a sign of good luck on this trip. We are leaving in the morning from Montgomery up Hwy 9 then thru Rome on our way over, if time permits we might check out Delonaga.

Keep your fingers crossed.

thumbsup.gif

typinfg w. crosswed fingers ios prewtty toughj.......hey, I'm not seein' any pictures here guys!!!!

It's almost 8:00pm on the west coast....still at the office and VERY envious, rain or no rain.

StretchMark

The maps went pretty fast tonight. I only have about 8 more sets at the front desk. If someone could print a few extra route sheets, it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark

Ben Peeples

I know you guys will have a great time. Kudzu and I are enroute to Santa Fe for a loop out there. Bad scheduling on my part. dopeslap.gif Wishing all of you a great ride and safe return home. Ben.

motorman587

Who wiped out. I am at a LT rally, doing the "Slow school" and hear someone attending this, crash. Hope they are OK.

Archived