IGNORED

El Paseo V, Blairsville, GA, April 22-24

David

call back on Friday and speak with Shelly because she is the only one who can take reservations for this event.
Well she seems to be the only one there who knows whats going on, that much is clear. I missed her, "At lunch" on attempt #1, but on attempt #2 got her and she knew exactly what I was asking about. Go figure...
In. Bringing along a SCUM riding buddy -- Gilbert Terry. Buell driver who used to race SV650's. He and Hebert can tell lies about who is a better helicopter pilot.

Randy,

Is he a SCUM for riding Buels, or flying helicopters? I dare not say the quote from one of the worst movies ever made, but here it it goes anyway..."I am the greatest", just ask me. grin.gif

Steve

INx2

FWIW, they told me I got the last non-smoking room.

Steve,I regestered after you and got a non-smoking. That is what they told me anyway. eek.gif

Whew... crazy.gif

Saw all of you were making reservations and it's filling up fast so I called back again today. Strange how hotel rooms are booked because I was given the choice of one king-size non-smoking room or six king-size smoking rooms. I snatched the non-smoking king. It's filling up fast.

I have missed the Unrallys in Eureka and Cody. I have missed the last few Paseos... I will be there in April if I have to ride through wind and rain! I'll also deliver everybody's mail too. But I won't do windows. tongue.gif

>> Is he a SCUM for riding Buels, or flying helicopters? I dare not say the quote from one of the worst movies ever made, but here it it goes anyway..."I am the greatest", just ask me.

Steve, SCUM is the acronym for "South Carolina Unorganized Motorcyclists." Even though he is from Savannah, and I'm now in Charlotte, we've been riding with that group for about 10 years. The motto -- Ride to Eat Eat to Ride.

Gilbert is 50ish, but looks 30. Piloted Huey's in Nam. Shot down a couple of times when he wouldn't bug out while covering the ground troops. Has a Buell sport tourer that he uses to outrace the pros on sportbikes at some race classes -- they fly by him on the straights, then he outbrakes them into the corners and passes them while dragging metal and throwing sparks.

He finally started racing SV 650s, but had to stop when, after a minor get off and sprained wrist, the examining doctor asked him "when did you break your neck?" Huh??

As he thought back, seems as if one of his hard landings in the Huey left him with a compression fracture that he's been living with for 30 years. Had to stop racing, but won't give up riding. The guy is a gentleman, but the toughest 140 pound rider I've ever met. Woudn't want to race him, but would want him and his miniguns over my position if I was in the infantry. He'll be a great addition to the group, and I encourage you two guys to talk shop.

Randy,

He sounds like a great guy and one I definetely have to meet. Introduce us if you will.

Sorry about the hi-jack David,

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

ChrisK, Hoontang and I completed another scouting run this weekend. The routes are coming together nicely thumbsup.gif

11924367-M.jpg

Note: Any comments about body position, lean angle, lines should be taken over to "Ride Well" grin.gif

Note: Any comments about body position, lean angle, lines should be taken over to "Ride Well" grin.gif

So sorry to hear that the black GS models don't appear to hold a good line. tongue.gif

David, the photography wasn't clear enough to see which line he had taken...

...on the white line. tongue.gif

Yep. Hey, Mark, are you planning on leading some rides? Or just scouting them? Because I'm not sure if this is a road ride or a dual-sport ride. Looks like it could easily be the latter. grin.gif

Geeze! Tough crowd grin.gif

I did go off the road...to pick up the photographer, thus the white line touch...any other smart a$$ comments? (boy was that a dumb question grin.gif)

Mark,

You could have gone so much faster if you exited to the outside. But maybe you didn't want to go fast?

Let me tell you a bit about cornering ... it's all in the doloborem zzrit duis aut adigna feuguer sit, conullan ut vel dolore voluptat la adit prat, sumsandit, coreet luptat, sum nostrud et in erat lum elessis molorem vullaore dolore ex esse feuguero commodolore etuerci duipis nons nis aliqui et prat ... sorry, nevermind.

Member search turned up no listing for a member called

"Ride Well". smirk.gif

Therefore, I'd like to know where to send my comments about Mr. Davis's riding technique? tongue.gif

Member search turned up no listing for a member called

"Ride Well". smirk.gif

Therefore, I'd like to know where to send my comments about Mr. Davis's riding technique? tongue.gif

Send them to Christine. She's with him the most, so she's been asked to keep the log. I think there are a few blank pages in her third notebook. tongue.gif

• 5 weeks later...

Just made a reservation. Evidently rooms still available, although I plan to check back as they were having problems with their "new" reservation system.

This will be my first BMW SportTouring rally, so I will be looking to you guys for proper guidance smile.gif

I just purchased my 04 R1150RT (my first BMW) in August, so I am still fairly new at all of this. Looking forward to meeting some like minded riders, seeing some fine BMW's, and riding some great rodes.

Ken Martin

04 R1150RT Titan Grey

Kingsport, TN

Just made a reservation. Evidently rooms still available, although I plan to check back as they were having problems with their "new" reservation system.

This will be my first BMW SportTouring rally, so I will be looking to you guys for proper guidance smile.gif

I just purchased my 04 R1150RT (my first BMW) in August, so I am still fairly new at all of this. Looking forward to meeting some like minded riders, seeing some fine BMW's, and riding some great rodes.

Ken Martin

04 R1150RT Titan Grey

Kingsport, TN

Ohh no... not another new guy. smile.gif

Welcome Ken. You are going to have agreat time. grin.gif

clap.gifclap.gif

Ken Martin

04 R1150RT Titan Grey

Kingsport, TN

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ohh no... not another new guy.

Ohh no... not another Ken guy.

'course everybody knows "Ken" ridden bikes are the fastest, regardless of color. grin.gif

Welcome, see you in Blairsville!

IN! Reservation made. All they had was smoking doubles or suites, but rate was correct. I don't have a motorcycle at the moment, but will borrow a K75 or K100 from my brother (or other) for El Paseo. Will be in the market for a BMW (GT perhaps) when my business starts to pick up. Looking forward to seeing everyone again! clap.gif

It's looking like this El Paseo could be the largest yet!

ChrisK and I continued the scouting runs today..well, not exactly...we just rode our favorite roads once again..yes, they are that good!! thumbsup.gif

We will publish the routes, but in case anyone is interested in planning out their own, we are using the North Georgia maps from Joan Moody which can be purchased from www.info-map.com .

Joan lives in Suches, GA (Home of T.W.O Motorcycle resort). The map highlights all the great motorcycling roads as well as all the other nearby attractions (waterfalls, overlooks, rec areas, hiking trail crossings, campgrounds, lodging, restaurants, antique shops, country stores, flea markets, crafts, etc)

And as always, some pics:

Here are shots of ChrisK tearing up GA129. Sorry about the blank frames on the one. I had it on zoom and I couldn't keep up with Chris when he passed by.

13596998-M.jpg

13597013-M.jpg

13597020-M.jpg

And an overlook on GA 2/52 between Chatsworth and Ellijay:

13597006-M.jpg

Since I'm not the rider in the shot, comments on Chris' body position, lean angle, lines are welcome here smirk.gif

You can get the larger photos here , so dissect away!

Lone_RT_rider
Since I'm not the rider in the shot, comments on Chris' body position, lean angle, lines are welcome here smirk.gif

......so dissect away!

I think Chris has is all his ducks in a row here! He is spot on with every detail. I don't think there is anything he needs to improve on! grin.gif Oh, Chris...thanks again for letting me tune my bike up at your place!

*note* Chris's favors to me for my maintenence on my R1100RT in no way swayed my judgement on his riding style. grin.gifthumbsup.gifdopeslap.gifclap.gif

Believe it....or not!

Shawn

Since I'm not the rider in the shot, comments on Chris' body position, lean angle, lines are welcome here

Mark, I don't see anything wrong with Chris' riding skills. But, as for the photography.... tongue.gif

Just made reservation. IN!! Can't miss another one of these gatherings. Lady at the desk asked if I would be with the BMWs when I gave her the dates, so maybe they got

the reservation block fixed up. clap.gif Plan to arrive Thurs. & leave on Sun. Looking forward to meeting some of ya'll from the North & East parts of this great country! cool.gif

North & East
Snubbing those of us from the south, west, and central? bncry.gif

Just kidding, glad you are joining us, see you there! thumbsup.gif

AdventurePoser
(When we move this again, it'll not go further south, but probably some place like Sweetwater, TN.)

Good. Someplace further west. Closer to Glendora CA.

Steve in Glendora CA

(When we move this again, it'll not go further south, but probably some place like Sweetwater, TN.)

Good. Someplace further west. Closer to Glendora CA.

What a whiner you are. smile.gif If you can ride to Torrey for dinner, you can ride to the Smokies for a weekend.

Sorry to leave ya'll out Ken, blush.gif but I have met a few from the West & the South so thought it would be cool to meet some of the further away members. thumbsup.gif Actually

I think it would be cool to meet as many of the members on here as possible- great bunch of people from what I have met so far. grin.gif

Wouldn't you know it, senior prom is that weekend and I have two queens! Suz'anne and I will not be attending and have a room, non-smoking for Thur, Fri, Sat. If you need a room, PM me. I will cancel the room by 1 Feb.

Steve

Thanks Randy. I can't believe that I am going to miss two in a row. I am very close with my kids and enjoy as much with them as I can, while they are still here.

The room has been spoken for.

Steve

I am very close with my kids and enjoy as much with them as I can, while they are still here.

Steve,

Bingo! You are doing EXACTLY what you should. thumbsup.gif

We will miss you and Suz'anne though.

Steve,

I telled yu too incurij dem ta drip oota skool and findum sum feller wid a motasikle and mosta his teeth.

Den you wouldna had dis dielemon.

smirk.gifgrin.gif

BTDT, hope we see both of y'all soon.

Enjoy them whilst you can, it's over too quickly. bncry.gif

David,

Hi! Another newbie from the south coming in April. I'm very much looking forward to meeting everyone and more importantly the RIDE! I think I got one of the last rooms!!!

Linda

1150 RT clap.gif

Will be joining the group, splitting a room with buddy that has already made reservations. Probably leave from Montgomery Al on Thursday morning if anyone from the area want to ride up together.

Survived Ivan

I'm really looking forward to meeting everyone. Due to family stuff going on that weekend, I can only be there for daytime rides and fun, gotta be back in Metro Atlanta in the evenings, but I'm sure I'll get to meet a lot of you and go on some of the rides. Hope you don't mind that I'll be riding a non-Beemer.

David, the site looks great. Thanks MattS for the redesign. I haven't looked over the new maps, but I can't wait.

If you're reading this and haven't been to one of these events, GET THERE! You will have more fun than you can imagine. thumbsup.gif

David,

Just discovered a list is actually kept of people responding that they will be attending. Please add me to that list. Have reservations and am really excited clap.gif.

Mike

In, unless the DR. wants to cut my leg. bncry.gif.. then how fast can I heal? Might have to cage it with the Mrs. Naw!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Put me down as a definate maybe grin.gif

Andy AKA The Wanderer is also attending. grin.gif

Very Nice Update! Hey Dave.... If someone is maintaining the list of attendees I know that the following folks can be added:

Ed Gray (EdCG)

Brian Young

Chris Irving

Archived