IGNORED

Mondays S---

Dennis Andress

Wow, that's spectacular Tom. What are the red sabre looking things?

If I am not mistaken, I believe that Tom's picture is from the Nature of Glass show featuring glass art by Dale Chihuly, a well-known glass artist.

I had another friend who went to the show and sent me some photos since she knew I would be interested in the glass art (not as good as Tom's pic, though).

I really love that night shot and may have to put it on my screensaver for a while!

Edited by Lynn
Dennis Andress

I've wanted to ask a question on this thread for awhile but until now haven't put it into words. Speaking for myself, I find it way easier to post a couple of pictures here rather then writing a righteous Ride Tale. I don't think that's a good thing. Ride Tales should be an inspiring place full of fun and adventure. So, what do ya'll say to giving this thread a rest and pick it back up next winter? We could use some wintry event like the "first heavy snowfall at Independence Pass" as the time to resume. Until then let's go riding, and tell others how much fun we had.

Dennis

432403475_nWYcH-XL.jpg

Hey Dennis

Some times I'm just too busy for a Ride Tale.....and besides I keep a camera with me just for this thread.

If for some reason you don't want your name on it??????

In my world this thread has done just what you wanted it too.......give me a reason to look forward to Mondays.

Hi Laney

Whip

Firefight911

I agree with Whip. Sometimes this is a nice repository for photos prior to getting to the time consuming part of a ride tale.

I look forward to Monday and this thread! More than ever right now.

Paul_Burkett

I look forward to seeing the pictures that people take when they are out and about and not just on an adventure.

... and the thread is also a nice place to put the odd shot that maybe is not ride-related.

I look forward to seeing the pictures that people take when they are out and about and not just on an adventure.

I had an interesting Monday morning . . . .

522668441_zFXT5-XL-1.jpg

Clean your damn boots, Jamie!

Some of us are too busy protecting our communities from the ravages of fires and any other emergencies which may befall our fellow man to worry about cleaning our boots. :thumbsup:

Others, on the other hand, have plenty of time to clean their boots when they return from playing in the desert. :wave:

I'm just saying...

but...

If the boot fits, wear it! :lurk:

Clean your damn boots, Jamie!

Some of us are too busy protecting our communities from the ravages of fires and any other emergencies which may befall our fellow man to worry about cleaning our boots. :thumbsup:

Others, on the other hand, have plenty of time to clean their boots when they return from playing in the desert. :wave:

I'm just saying...

but...

If the boot fits, wear it! :lurk:

Ed, what year is this? 2009, perhaps?

Hey Dennis,

I agree with the others on this.

Besides, a picture is worth a thousand words.

Don't fight it man, just keep taking those awesome pictures! Some folks are extremely visual. I know I barely read the things people write. I go straight for the pictures. Reading the caption, if any, is about my limit. Not that I CAN'T read or write. :eek:

Sometimes a picture just tells the story in a way that writing can't.

Writing takes too much time anyway.

And nice to have a spot for pictures not directly related to a ride.

Rich

Dennis Andress

Hi Rich!!

No fighting. It just seems to me that there are fewer Ride Tales these days but a lot pictures in this thread hinting at a good story. This thread is terrific and the last thing I want to see go away. It would be really cool though to see some of these pictures in their own Ride Tale.

Lone_RT_rider
Hi Rich!!

No fighting. It just seems to me that there are fewer Ride Tales these days but a lot pictures in this thread hinting at a good story. This thread is terrific and the last thing I want to see go away. It would be really cool though to see some of these pictures in their own Ride Tale.

Dennis,

Please take this with the utmost respect, but some of us are ADD and prefer pictures. When Fernando and others used to be a bit more verbose, I could hardly get through two paragraphs without drifting off in thought. 99% of the time I actually prefer and look for the picture heavy posts.

YMMV

Shawn

My favorite style of ride tale (or 4wd trip) is a series of pictures in chronological order with just a bit of writing to string things together. That's what works for me, but everybody's different.

Rich

524200825_ZUAkv-XL.jpg

It is just a phase.

And for the record, he only gets dry food from me. Only the women of the house give him canned food. My Mother brings a case with her every month.

524200825_ZUAkv-XL.jpg

It is just a phase.

And for the record, he only gets dry food from me. Only the women of the house give him canned food. My Mother brings a case with her every month.

Ah.

He does look awfully cute there contemplating the flowers.

"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."

— Robert A. Heinlein

• 2 weeks later...
Firefight911

After a weekend like this, yeah, they do!!

538095345_AW868-M.jpg

538093593_osd8J-M.jpg

538091118_s3Pxp-M.jpg

538089709_6rwpZ-M.jpg

538083667_mXpPb-M.jpg

538971177_fNQvr-M.jpg

538968658_U8Znb-M.jpg

538961277_KtdbV-M.jpg

538959737_gAGtk-M.jpg

538955993_aa74W-M.jpg

Ride/Flight tales to follow!!!

Jets! What The Heck! How are we mere mortals supposed to compete with that? ;) Cool ride Phil. :thumbsup:

I'm Running a YZ450f in the 40+ class this year & i'm pretty much having my @$$ handed to me. :mad: Ya ever crack a rib? :cry:

PatMXPic.jpg

PatMXPic2jpg.jpg

Pat

Some shots from southern Utah

3506027359_77d039879c_b.jpg

3506825082_2f0bf62e43_b.jpg

3506006081_bd582f709b_b.jpg

N2700Q was located, the families now have closure.

Keith

One from Natural Bridges NM:

545948588_xYij6-O.jpg

In the rock are small patches of cryptogamic soil. Here plants may take root, waiting for moisture, and then they bloom.

And a few more from the Gateway Colorado Auto Museum:

545942573_kGebS-O.jpg

545942609_Adhf2-O.jpg

545942593_jHrcv-O.jpg

They weren't all red. My dad had one of these blue ones, new off the showroom floor. What a piece of crap. Always broken. Good thing we kids were pretty small still, cause the back seat didn't amount to much.

545944718_tiaJH-O.jpg

545944778_Umfxn-O.jpg

545944786_SkeZw-O.jpg

These shots were taken today just up stream of the falls at Marble Canyon, Kootenay National Park, British Columbia.

3583350539_1b187d0ba5_b.jpg

3584200508_fe10b7c6aa_b.jpg

3584210816_c041d9f669_b.jpg

3584240116_e0b4805032_b.jpg

Went for a bit of an abstract with this shot.

3584276970_3348b376b3_b.jpg

And for your added entertainment here is a portrait version. Some people will love this shot and others will say that it just doesn't work.

3584311372_748bcf59f1_b.jpg

Just wanted to add a comment about safety when getting these shots. To get them you have to be close to the water and in this case the falls were about 75 feet off to my left. If I fell in there would be no doubt about the outcome. So here is my rule of thumb, stay back one body length from the edge of the water so if you do fall you will not go right in the river. IF you have to get closer (which I do at times) use a harness c/w climbing rope and know your knots!

Keith

Wild Turkey on the lawn at the Zion Lodge, Zion NP

551115573_BoDDo-L.jpg

The red roads in the canyon at Zion:

551115086_tq9zc-L.jpg

Ride tale to follow

AdventurePoser

One of my favorite shots, taken at "Wild Cattle" paraglider launch site in Big Sur CA...This is Rocky, the whippet.

49400048_DeawV-M.jpg

Steve in So Cal