IGNORED

Mondays S---

Dennis Andress

Silver Surfer/AKAButters
DSC_1303.jpg

New camera is working out for you I see! A-SDM?

Thanks! Yes, I'm loving the new camera, but still much to learn. The bird pics were taken at The Reid Park Zoo. Need to hit the A-SDM and the west side soon though.

This is the latest version of the Castle Mountain, Banff Alberta work in progress.

3240474518_42d6be8e04_b.jpg

Creek just south of Castle Mountain

3242315743_2cd44c0ae5_b.jpg

3239581787_47a044c47e_b.jpg

3240422042_4442bccd8b_b.jpg

Keith

Keith, you are doing way better than me. I like the foreground in this version of Castle Mountain, but the sky and lit up peaks in the prior version make it a better overall version, in my entirely untrained opinion. If you try just lightening the snowy foreground in the prior version, I'd think you'd have it.

Here's my entry for the week, next to yours it shows pretty poorly.

466152660_7Sz2k-O.jpg

Here is what happens when you fall while climbing a rather steep incline carring 30 pounds of camera gear!

The tripod leg on the right is fully extended, just to give you an idea of the depth of the snow.

Taken at the Natural Bridge, Yoho National Park.

3246038153_79b20c6656_o.jpg

Keith

Joe Frickin' Friday
I took a walk the other days and saw these guys.

Paul, is that in Arlington Heights? I remember seeing elk there last year in the forest preserve just NW of O'Hare.

Marble Canyon, Kootenay National Park, British Columbia.

This is looking straight down into the deepest section.

3249664910_76142e27a8_b.jpg

3248843347_3c3d6b2565_b.jpg

3248917405_f66f3bd6d4_b.jpg

Keith

I find it easier to post Sunday night, no real way to do it until late Monday night.

Besides, I'm playing the time zone card. :)

Okay, I can forgive you.

Jan? Not so much. :grin:

My husband had these brought to his attention on a photo group he belongs to. Since they aren't mine/his, I am just posting links. They were taken with a consumer level DLSR that was set up to take photos while up in an experimental balloon. Wow!

This set is the first experiment:

This set is from a follow up experiment:

http://astro.okstate.edu/ASTRO_12/ASTRO-12%20Post%20Flight.htm

I hope they haven't already been posted (can't recall seeing them before).

The Sonoita Valley is about 50 miles SE of Tucson and is ~20 miles by 50 miles at an elevation of the valley floor of 5K feet. It is rolling grassland and is pretty much horse and cattle country with a couple dozen vinyards. Very beautiful and unusual place:

470527603_GFbGM-L.jpg

I caught these guys heading back to the ranch:

470527634_GuLjK-L.jpg

Francois, you made me hungry! and it's almost lunch time.

Rognons de veau sauce moutarde s'il vous plait! and yes, I love kidneys :thumbsup:

These were taken at the top of Marble Canyon, Kootenay National Park, British Columbia, the snow up here is waist deep. Two forest fires went through this area in the past 10 years. The last fire (2004?) lasted 40 days.

Fire Storm, winter perspective

From conception to execution, this is the most satisfying shot I have taken.

3251271319_afe53da8c0_b.jpg

These were taken on a re-shoot the following weekend.

3271430904_a12494fa02_b.jpg

3265900924_7eb4c9ab75_b.jpg

Keith

Dennis Andress

I've got to bend the guidelines this week....

I don't know whose bike this is but I really liked the picture when I came across it today. Taken at the Chuckwagon last Spring.

474421406_YnoyM-L.jpg

There is a VERY narrow trail going up. It's the packed snow from the people walking on it that makes it work, kind of like walking on a fallen tree. Once up you have to put on snow shoes. These are a pain when it come to taking shots so the trick is to take them off and use them like a platform. Other trick is to not step off!!

Francois_Dumas

Alright, guess its my turn again...... it's 10 am already and I'm in a melancholic mood... must be the constant drizzle outside.

This photo doesn't look like much. Some old tracks and an equally old and run-down railway station.

Or so it seems.

Actually, this is one of the busier places in the Romanian railroad network, believe it or not.

It is also a very famous track.... this is where the Orient Express rolled over!! We're looking west here, towards Budapest some 500 kilometers, and Vienna, another 300 further.

And behind our back and to the south is Bucharest, and from there the tracks lead to Istanbul !!!

These tracks have a lot of history and have seen a lot of amazing and a lot of horrible things through times.

Part of their history is mine, too.

This is where I got off the train to find my Nina, after I'd seen he once on a Summer holiday there, back in 1973.

And it is the same station where I got off a year later at Christmas to discover we HAD to get married (we finally got a license and had 10 days to get things organized..... but that's another story).

Maybe the photo doesn't really make you sit up on this dull Monday morning, but the story behind it is one of hope, of history, of energy, of winning and of long lasting things.

Maybe something we can all use these days .... right ?? :)

474685725_dbKMg-XL.jpg

Lake earling.jpg

Trip to Mena Ark for Valentine's weekend! Climbed my first Mountain on my own bike! Whoooo Hooooo

Edited by JustJean

It only happens from time to time. But, when it does, it is beautiful!

Of course, this is really putting a damper in getting some miles on the new GT but I really don't mind as we need the water very badly.

474412397_GAAyf-M.jpg

474412213_RY9wa-M.jpg

474411814_EeWUt-M.jpg

474412550_jDc2C-M.jpg

Any Stone Barrington fans?????

474776510_X6kam-L.jpg

Elain's profile.

474776536_sPNBs-L.jpg

Duhhh.........I don't think I shoulda had that last Knob Creek.(Scotch dudes should never drink bourbon even if Stone does) 474776607_5JdES-L.jpg

Back to our digs...

474776396_JLih2-L.jpg

Today......the CABS!!!!!!

Edited by Whip