IGNORED

Mondays S---

Dennis Andress

AHHH! That stuff gives me nightmares!

When I was younger we called it "jumping cholla" for it's tendency to lean into you if you step too close and put a foot on it's roots.

I think Whip's photo on the longhorn makes for much scarier dreams.

Dennis Andress

Nah, you can see a Longhorn coming....

Cholla spines can penetrate heavy gloves. They swell after they entering the skin making pliers necessary to remove them.

Edited by Dennis Andress

Cholla spines can penetrate heavy gloves. They swell after they entering the skin making pliers necessary to remove them.

I thought he was talkin about Richard.......which would have been very unfair since Richard is a wonderful kind fella with nothin but goodness in his heart.

;)

I thought he was talkin about Richard.......which would have been very unfair since Richard is a wonderful kind fella with nothin but goodness in his heart.

;)

It sure was nice to see Richard this year already!

150696903_Gwh6j-L.jpg

Some people are not afraid of anything.

Dennis Andress

Cholla spines can penetrate heavy gloves. They swell after they enter the skin making pliers necessary to remove them.

;)

Whip, he's from Long Island -- where Richard would fit right in but a Longhorn would be extraordinary...

Arizona_oldguy

Great pictures John, and I really loved the ones of the Chollas in your post just above. The contrast is wonderful, just like the daily contrast we experience here in the dessert; waking to freezing temps and frozen stock waterers and hoses, and riding around in summer vented jackets on our bikes in the afternoon at near 70 or even 80 temps. Life is good!

Did you take the GSA up to the Ski Hill?

Glenn

Hey John

You didn't make your doctor's appointment this week did ya?????

Ya prolly quit takin your meds??????

You can't wait till Monday, can ya???????

We really need to talk.....an intervention may be in order.

:wave:

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

Keith-Gorgeous! :thumbsup:

Edited by Silver Surfer/AKAButters
Silver Surfer/AKAButters
Hey Rich

That workin Road Runner shot is Bada$$.

I wish I could ge a snap like that.

:thumbsup:

Thanks Whip!

I actually saw the whole thing coming down. Happend in an instant. Too late to warn the little feller.

Remember when you wanted the "ideal" Christmas shot?

Neil_Leslie_Mike_web.jpg

But you had to go through a dozen of these first?

Neil_Leslie_web.jpg

Somethings never change, even though they see each other only once or twice a year now.

Gotta love 'em

Mike Cassidy

Hey Mike

Very nice. I like the second one better.

Remind me to send ya some ornaments for your tree next year.

That is a real tree???????

:grin:

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

Remember when you wanted the "ideal" Christmas shot?

But you had to go through a dozen of these first?

Neil_Leslie_web.jpg

Somethings never change, even though they see each other only once or twice a year now.

Gotta love 'em

Mike Cassidy

Great shots Mike, but I have no idea what you are talking about.

JohnRichy080320052298C.jpg

AdventurePoser

I think the bartender was pretty gracious to let me take pictures while sitting there....very nice place-Whip can tell you the name!

Cheers,

STeve

Silver Surfer/AKAButters

More so for some than others.

SpiderFlyPSE.jpg

Starburst_09_02_01_1366.jpg

Edited by Silver Surfer/AKAButters
Dennis Andress

I have today off but I'm spending it working for my last job, which hasn't been able to attract anyone to take my place. There's a lesson there....

457785931_Sp67i-L.jpg

"Still Life" from Frank Ghery "Disney Concert Hall" in Los Angeles.

Had a great time yesterday, just tuning my sense of composition.

457809367_rieSL-L.jpg

The shots on this thread just keep getting better and better!!!!!!!

Pretty cool stuff!

This is a shot from Spray Lake which is just above Canmore Alberta and on the edge of Banff National Park.

In the last two weeks I have submited my landscape photos to pro photographers for critiquing. They tore them apart with what was done wrong. I spent 2 days (ran out of light the first day) at this location to get it right. I submited this one and got some pretty good reviews. Sorry for the long intro but I put alot of effort into this one.

3211550200_c862e3d367_b.jpg

Keith

This is Dolan Springs AZ, on US 93 about 20 miles south of Boulder Dam. I actually inheirited some property here but the first time I got a chance to look at it, I sold it!! Where else could you find the "high end" of the housing market a two story doublewide!!

458335452_tEnQs-L.jpg

Hey John

Do you own a calender????

Do ya know what day of the week this is??????

:rofl:

Maybe your just early for next week???????

;)

Well I was tired after riding home on Monday so waited until Tuesday morning to post. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!

If you'd sleep till 6am, you wouldn't be so tired.

:P

skinny_tom (aka boney)
Well I was tired after riding home on Monday so waited until Tuesday morning to post. That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!!

If you'd sleep till 6am, you wouldn't be so tired.

:P

I'll vouch for both of you. I think it was what, 3:30 when I heard John leave?

AdventurePoser

41299186_ER8ZR-M-1.jpg

I didn't have to work on Monday, so today is my Monday.... :dopeslap:

Steve in So Cal

Edited by Steves1150plus50

This is a work in progress. The re-shoot will probably be done with a Grad Neutral Density filter.

Castle Mountain at sunset.

3224765304_ec67923970_b.jpg

The next two were taken at and around Emerald Lake, Yoho National Park, British Columbia.

I was waist deep in snow taking this one

3224440628_809bf9edb9_b.jpg

3223568365_09862c54ec_b.jpg

Keith

Francois_Dumas

Alright Jan, since you asked........ :grin:

Here are some photos I still need to publish.... my ride tale backlog now dates back to September 2008 I'm afraid :(

These photos are not so special in terms of artistic rendition, but they are special in another way..... they take away the Monday Blues for me because they are a memory of an incredible 3-day ride !!!

This is going up, up, and up... to reach the end of the world..... at least on THIS continent.

We're on the southern slope of the Col de Bonnette, Europe's highest mountain pass, very near the summit.

462095949_A9THN-L.jpg

Once you're over it and look back, it still looks pretty eerie. The road loops around that 'cone' in the center, basically going nowhere. It is just made to get you up even higher!. There is absolutely NOTHING there. No plants, no trees, no cars (!), no houses, no roadside protection, no fence...... only a few mad motorcyclists !

462096051_4wQMr-L.jpg

The Col de Bonnette's REAL mountain pass is a hundred yards lower than the highest possible road (the loop) and situated just at the bottom of the 'cone' shown in the previous picture.

Imagine you have ridden all day, climbed the narrow pass roads for many many miles, getting colder all the time (this is HIGH !), getting into the remains of last winter's snow (and this is SEPTEMBER!)..... only to find ONE single road sign, showing you to the Mediterranean 'dream town' of Nice on the southern Cote d'Azur.

It is unreal in a way, but also the one and only sign up there that somewhere along the road you'll find 'civilization' again.

462096007_VhrEz-L.jpg

If I'm 'down' on Monday Mornings (like today after having spent all morning in hospital with my dad again, who needs operating on), it is these kind of pictures, KNOWING the presence of these kind of places, that pick me up again !

Wishing you all a great week!

Francois

Quick ride up Kitt Peak about 50 miles southwest of Tucson. Largest collection of observatories in the world. At just under 7K feet, there are 21 observatories (19 optical and 2 radio) operated by a consortium of universities. Really cool ride up 12 miles of tight twisties with much exposure.

461617229_khhPA-L.jpg

461617059_9ozjX-L.jpg