IGNORED

Mondays S---

Dennis Andress

• 2 weeks later...

1 hour, 1 minute, 10 seconds = 10k

Folsom Turkey Trot

I'm baaaaccckkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!

Jamie did her first ever 5k in 36 minutes, 44 seconds.

725533462_z2om7-M.jpg

725534116_g2UzP-M.jpg

725525589_5gqPz-M.jpg

1 hour, 1 minute, 10 seconds = 10k

Folsom Turkey Trot

I'm baaaaccckkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!

Jamie did her first ever 5k in 36 minutes, 44 seconds.

725533462_z2om7-M.jpg

725534116_g2UzP-M.jpg

725525589_5gqPz-M.jpg

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

For Jan(Twisties).....in honor of his mishap at Torrey XVIII.

672321513_ZDttQ-L.jpg

Available on t-shirts at www.bmwstshop.com

Edited by Whip
Dennis Andress

Whip, that is cool (cruel?). How is Jan doing?

Laney and I are wanting to buy new bikes at a time when no one wants to buy used ones. Both bikes need new tires. And, it's a rainy Monday. Torrey can't come soon enough...

155437133_6z6QC-L-1.jpg

Well, they shut down the roads, there's about a foot of snow on the ground, and Jamie stayed home from work. Hmmm, not really a Monday S*&%* day but, . . .

734371460_fbjrj-M.jpg

734370536_85DmZ-M.jpg

734362952_82MFf-M.jpg

734375284_XjSMk-M.jpg

. . . and it's still snowing. Those really big, catch 'em on your tongue type. Hmmm, I may need to try out the new Heidenau K60 tires on the GS's today!! ;)

and on the East side of the Sierras....

734482722_3yyA2-L.jpg

734482564_YJjse-L.jpg

Plowed an honest 9-10" of snow this morning and already have a couple of more inches fallen. Expecting another 3-5" before today is through.

Glad I'm not higher up in the Sierra where it really snows!

Hey Paul

The boat ride on that lake is very relaxing. We came back and spent the next day around the lodge and up the Road to the Sun. Time to do it again.

TomSSRT

Shepherdstown

Sunrise in AZ. My wife says she sees the profile of a man in the ridge of the first shot.

738690344_mTnuc-L.jpg

738690314_tKnyv-L.jpg

oops, I lost track of the days of the week. Sorry

Edited by johnlt

A Veiw from a warmer (and less snow) time

Sunset at Castle Mountain, Banff National Park.

4028926078_a4bdc09780_b.jpg

Sometimes the best point of view is "in" the river.

Keith

Bikes are long ago put away for the winter. Time to relive some summer moments.

Parking at the UnRally:

Bikes_at_UnRally.jpg

Stops on the way north. Bar Harbor from Cadillac Mountain:

Cadillac_Mountain1.jpg

Linda happy to get about her gazillionth lighthouse stamp. West Quoddy lighthouse (Easternmost point in the continental United States according to the sign):

WestQuoddy_1.jpg

Some things happen in the most unlikely places (rural Nova Scotia):

100K_km_Road_marker.jpg

100K_km.jpg

Probably only be up to 110,000 (but that is km) by the 2010 UnRally.

Best wishes of the season to everyone.

Mike Cassidy

The Denver City & County Building from last weekend when they turn off the street lights in front of the building for photographers. They still let cars through, but at least the street lamps were not in the way.

citycountybuilding.jpg

Just west of Calgary, Alberta.

Croped version

4221025526_67366ba255_b.jpg

Keith

I'm in the process of doing a submition to a magazine so I will be posting from old stock for a bit.

I left the 2009 UN Rally needing to be at work in only two days. I was 2300 miles from home. That meant two very long days. Around 5pm I was stuck in heavy stop and go traffic somewhere along I 85 in Virginia. I decided to take a little nap. The far side of the rest stop looked quiet..........I didn't see the sign before I fell asleep. I did think it smelled funny.

751470830_RGBY4-L.jpg

Lately, all my saddle time is on this horizontal twin (Deere 318)

443085196_tXEmm-M.jpg

Out my back door on Christmas Eve (Mummy Range)

748755505_z9Gng-L.jpg

Out the front door, earlier

430723146_jW5sU-M.jpg

I was able to get out on the weekend. Here is a shot of Vermillion Lakes (Banff NAtional Park) Mount Rundle is in the background. Used a ND + CP and a grad.

4239820936_62ed058f2b_b.jpg

Keith

Forgot to mention that a Muskrat kept swimming through the open water in between shots...

Edited by Keith S

From back in the spring, caught this young lady hangin' out close to the Waterton-Glacier road.

Mama_griz.jpg

And how do I know it was a lady? Let's just say you wouldn't want to mess with this mama.

Mama_and_cubs1.jpg

Mike Cassidy

Mike

To get those shots you have bigger kabonzos then me!!

Keith

No, I was using a 10X zoom lens, on the road in the cage and ready at any time to make a quick retreat. This was about 100 meters on the Montana side of the Chief Mountain Customs, just getting settled in and I noticed some brown along the edge of the trees ahead. By the time I realized what it was, it was time to get out the camera. No more vehicles came by for about 5 minutes so we just parked and watched her and her cubs.

Now somewhere in my archives I have a Kodachrome slide of two adolescent grizzlies digging up some poor marmot 10 meters off a trail I was hiking in 1977. I have never felt so completely vulnerable as that moment. 20-40 lb rocks being tossed out of that dig like baseballs. Above tree line and no where to hide. But it didn't stop us from taking pictures. Mind you the pictures ended up being pretty blurry..........

Mike Cassidy

PA170778.jpg

Soweto SA Oct/09 _ we spent a rainy day touring Soweto township in Johannesburg SA. This is a picture of the barracks style buildings used to house mine workers. During the apartheid regime the mine workers lived here months at a time before being "allowed" to travel home to their families. When Nelson Mandela became president he had these buildings renovated to accommodate families of the mine workers.

The buildings are distorted by the blur of the motion of the car and further by rain running down the window. The abstract quality of the picture appropriately reflects the aberrant lives these men and families lived in servitude to the mine companies during the apartheid period.

I ran over to Ruidosa NM this weekend to see friends and got this shot of Sierra Blanka from the fairway of their golf course. The golf course is at 7500 ft and the mountain is ~12K

760406715_VFchT-L.jpg

I guess the right caption for this one is "caught ya". This was across the street from their cabin at noon time. Nice mule deer buck.

760406788_Vuz56-L.jpg

My weekend ride, the Lost Coast of California. Janurary 9th, 2010 It stopped raining just after breakfast.

01_09_100351.jpg

Returned thru Avenue of The Giants, wet roads, none from the sky

01_09_100712.jpg