IGNORED

Mondays S---

Dennis Andress

Bruce, Nice shots, and Happy Birthday. BTW nice bike name!

Thank you.

Thank you.

Thank you. She's named after the wife of one of WA's most well-known entrepreneurs, who financed our winning the America's Cup, then crashed and burned spectacularly. He was Alan Bond; she was Eileen Bond, known as "Big Red" (she was a ranga ... a redhead). My bike is red ... hence Big Red ... hence Eileen (apart from the play on words "I lean")

:/ Oh well, it seemed funny at the time. :grin:

PS: My cameras are nothing out of the box ... Fuji mostly ... "semi" DSLR. I've just been lucky to be in the right place at the right time ... the Bali photo was taken with my wife's point-and-shoot :)

Monday already?? :cry:

The Pinnacles Desert, Nambung National Park, about 90 minutes north of Perth. For anyone who's interested, there's a short movie I made of riding through it:

770357119_AJZjA-L.jpg

Part of the Perth skyline and Swan River, taken from Kings Park

770470891_YSYje-L.jpg

Cable Beach, Broome, in the North-West

737846705_GueCB-L.jpg

Lake Beauvert, Jasper, Alberta

737938505_VJabb-L.jpg

:rofl:

...and did you take a picture of the other one?

I think you've just presented a reason for another topic. We go to a restaurant that uses straw dolls to designate their restrooms (isn't that what you call them?). They both looked the same to me but I finally realized that one had a small bow in it's straw hat. Glad I wasn't in a rush. :eek:

Old fort gate, Fort Canning, Singapore

738381995_RGWdD-XL.jpg

Boat Quay, Singapore

738381677_LUkgb-XL.jpg

View from the breakfast deck: River Kwai Noi: Home Phu Toey Resort, Kanchanaburi District, Thailand

738652104_4KDCu-XL.jpg

Water lilies, Home Phu Toey resort, Kanchanaburi, Thailand

738650913_ZFj3r-XL-1.jpg

It's not fair that the folks down under get a head start on "Mondays suck" Great shots

Yeah, but look at it this way -- I've been at work for the past 3 or 4 hours already ... :cry:

Mind you, I finish on Fridays before you, too :grin:

Thanks for the kind words.

Bruce

The beach at Laguna Redang Island Resort; off the coast of Terengganu State, Malaysia

738661118_RGzjo-XL.jpg

The "floating mosque" (Tengku Tengah Zaharah Mosque): Kuala Terengganu, Malaysia

738662087_jiFYZ-XL.jpg

Japanese cemetery, Broome, in the north-west of Western Australia. The Japanese were the master pearl divers during the heyday of pearling.

769032907_nRqW4-XL.jpg

Hellfire Pass on the Burma – Thai Death Railway, Kanchanaburi, Thailand. Hellfire Pass itself is a 500 metres (550 yards) long and 26 metres (85 feet) deep section of rock that was dug out using picks, hammers and bare hands. Of the 1000 Australian and British POWs who took 12 weeks to clear the stretch of mountain, 700 died.

800456995_wXrPN-XL.jpg

738649880_vC6Cg-XL.jpg

Sunset on the Kuching River (Sugai Kuching), Sarawak. Unfortunately, it was almost too dark to get the clouds "boiling" over the mountain in the background.

Sugai_Kuching.jpg

Protea

DSCF3461.jpg

Mangroves, Roebuck Bay, Broome, at low tide

Mangroves.jpg

Waterfront and skyline, Seattle, WA

Seattle.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

These were all taken one Sunday on a solo ride to the east and north of Perth.

They are all taken in New Norcia, Australia's only monastic town, about 130 km/80 miles north of Perth.

It has a fascinating history:

New Norcia

The Benedictine monastery gates:

DSCF1677.jpg

One of the schools (there were two -- a boys' and a girls') showing the (being restored) cloisters and handball courts at the rear:

DSCF1667.jpg

As a community, they were totally self-supporting (interestingly, the pump proudly still proclaims, on the little badge below the gallons counter, "Made in the USA"):

DSCF1669.jpg

The monastery chapel, showing the Spanish design influence:

DSCF1680.jpg

Paul Mihalka

To mow your lawn real fast. Seen in front of the Shady Valley Country Store:

BRR11IMG_1269.jpg

Raindrops on roses, And whiskers on kittens, Bright copper kettles

And warm woolen mittens. Brown paper packages Tied up with string,

These are a few of my favorite things.

Oh yeah almost forgot, Motorcycles & Airplanes! :grin:

IMG_2133.jpg

Pat

That was 50 miles in on a road West of Loreto in Baja past a little town called San Javier and this is the third time I went down. All of these washes have 2 ways around them and if you choose the wrong way you have a chance of ending up like this. I was packed with all of my camping gear and every time I went down I had to pull the bags off and carry them over to the correct side and then ride the bike around and reload to continue on.

This is the road:

799147728_bcoFE-M.jpg

And the San Javier mission:

799147842_zzYBs-M.jpg

Nice pics! :thumbsup: My joke (not so funny) was that you must of lost a bolt holding the sidecar rig to the GS. :)

Pat

Nice pics! :thumbsup: My joke (not so funny) was that you must of lost a bolt holding the sidecar rig to the GS. :)

Pat

Sorry, missed that one, went right over my head. I don't always run sidecars:

1024365061_kRr76-M.jpg

Edited by DirtyDR
AdventurePoser
That was 50 miles in on a road West of Loreto in Baja past a little town called San Javier and this is the third time I went down....

799147728_bcoFE-M.jpg

And the San Javier mission:

799147842_zzYBs-M.jpg

Nice pics of the mission. When in Loreto we debated heading over there, but a pina colada had my name on it...

If you get the chance the trip out to San Javier is well worth it.

The town;

799147762_s9Efa-M.jpg

799148014_6bjDX-M.jpg

More of the mission;

799147904_gS2RW-M.jpg

799147937_grqFn-M.jpg

799147965_XTBqz-M.jpg

The road;

799148027_B5W8b-M.jpg

799148046_fYBzH-M.jpg

799147696_NK3oZ-M.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

On a ride up Mount Lemmon last week I came across this rock formation. Is that not 50-yard-Phil in profile or what :grin:

398698434_NKoqQ-L.jpg

Edited by johnlt