IGNORED

Mondays S---

Dennis Andress

Big-t

What you may not realize is that photographers drool over what is in the background of your shot.

I am totally amazed at the quality of the captures here.....you folks consistently post fantastic shots...way cool. Man it’s getting hard to keep up.

Whip

The first bird looks like a Stellars Jay…..not sure about the second. If it was taken in the Canadian Rockies it would be a Clarks Nut Cracker also known as the Whiskey Jack but it looks too small for that.

MikeRC

The sun gods finally gave you some light to work with….great shot!

Lynn

I think we all can visualize sitting on our bikes with that view in front of us…..way cool!

Keith

Ok this is my shot for Monday.

Here is the challenge.....find two old barns add in neglected bails of hay and in all of this get a Canada Goose standing on one leg!

Not the best of shots, even a Polarizer couldn't add colour to the sky but I couldn't resist the goose.

2400438710_4d446a5f9f_b.jpg

Next week something totaly different!

Keith

White Water Surfing in water that is just above freezing!

This shot was taken last weekend on the Kananaskis River just west of Calgary. This river is controlled by a dam and the run (full flow) times are posted so the white-water enthusiasts know when to go there. This is a manmade slalom course and the rapids you see are designed so they can do tricks in the rapid then pop out. After they pop out they go to the slow water by the shore and then go back up stream so they can re-enter the rapid. I did my swift water rescue training here....trust me that water is flippen COLD!

2414185311_21b4f8af3b_b.jpg

Here is a shot that shows this guys determination in getting up on the board.

2415013298_ca3df389f4_b.jpg

If I have done the shot right you should see that his eyes are focused on that big blue/green void just in front of him.

Keith

281931611_bEDMJ-L.jpg

Participating in the Opening Ceremonies down "where the turf meets the surf down in old Del Mar" for The 2008 Del Mar National Horse Show's "Night of the Horse" honoring the San Diego County Firefighters who saved many of the County's homes and helped evacuate their horses and livestock from the rural areas.

281932579_7ibdo-L.jpg

My flash went off on this one throwing off the exposure but they were too far away and they were hauling!

281932299_y5G4X-L.jpg

This one had a no flash, but it's still impossible to see how fast these guys were flying off the field! The Chief up front in the white hat was hanging on for dear life in the turns when they came in and almost lost his hat! grin.gif

These guys are CRAZY!

These were also taken at Canoe Meadows

2451065574_a7e4462043_b.jpg

2412630954_80da73b1c5_b.jpg

2412378050_877135a9e8_b.jpg

2450185505_66f3945b63_b.jpg

Keith

Dennis Andress

Don't worry about it too much, this thread doesn't have rules, only guidelines. Putting pictures up on Monday does make the day better though.

Dennis

I thought it high time to include something from the great state of Idaho. Since you guys ignore us so much. ;)

Stanley.jpg

A nice pic of the Sawtooth Mountains overlooking Stanley, Idaho.

russell_bynum
Ok, how about this from the Mojave Preserve area a few weeks ago. Love the wide open feel:

image13w.jpg

Fantastic...that sort of thing is why I bought a dualsport.

"Now if I can get her to fire-up, I'm sure I can ride a wheelie out of this God forsaken wilderness."

SespeWilderness039.jpg

My buddy Doug on our March 08 Sespe Wilderness backpacking trip.

How to turn your bike into a low-rider in one easy step.....

2529640202_56edd19d3b_b.jpg

2528815633_bffaf017b0_b.jpg

I know it's not Monday but I wanted to keep the thread up top.

Keith