IGNORED

2024 START (Spring Tune-up Appalachian Riding Tour) April 24-28, 2024 Newport, TN

Indy Dave

2 hours ago, Bluenoser said:

Guaranteed fun.  The 2023 Sparta FART was my first one, it exceeded my expectations by a long shot.   It's a great group of people that go out of their way to welcome first timers.

What he said for sure!

Welcome!

• Like 2

Haven't made reservations at the Inn yet, but we're IN ... the two of us.  Now that I'm retired, when I say I'm IN, it's now more certain than I could ever have been the past 15-16 years. Yay!  

Gotta get Big Bird back on the road again after my failed attempt to control it on a diesel spill on 209 a few weeks back.  Note: All good. I was 1up, no injuries to speak of, and I rode a "somewhat" different Big Bird home ... story and video to come, eventually. 

• Like 9
  • Thinking 2

I'm feeling so much better now that we've regained our original position. .... You da best Dave  :18::3:

Edited by MachineJoe
  • Like 2
  • Smile 1

Ok, another new guy here. Sounds like a blast and I’ve had this rattling around in my head for a bit now. My wife said “you should go” so count me IN! Wed-Sun. Haven’t made hotel reservations yet but will on Friday.

Now I have to figure out why she was so encouraging and what party/event will be gong on while I’m gone. :5146:

Scott

• Like 9

I'll let Scott tell the story in his words, but he's already been to my house for a COMPLETE Boxflyer Service...he's a GREAT guy and will fit into this group just fine!

Look forward to seeing you again Scott,

Brad

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, Boxflyer said:

I'll let Scott tell the story in his words, but he's already been to my house for a COMPLETE Boxflyer Service...he's a GREAT guy and will fit into this group just fine!

Look forward to seeing you again Scott,

Brad

Well dang he’s already ‘in” :18:

• Like 2
Dennis Andress
10 hours ago, Stresspuppy said:

Ok, another new guy here. Sounds like a blast and I’ve had this rattling around in my head for a bit now. My wife said “you should go” so count me IN! Wed-Sun. Haven’t made hotel reservations yet but will on Friday.

Now I have to figure out why she was so encouraging and what party/event will be gong on while I’m gone. :5146:

Scott

Hmmmm....   Would she come along driving the Z car?

• Like 1
50 minutes ago, RTinNC said:

Awesome and welcome Scott !! 

Love to have new folks join the fun!   Where are you riding from and what do you ride? 

Thanks! I'm in Richmond VA and ride a 2018 RT that I bought Oct 19 in NH. First BMW for me and I love it so far.

I flew up to NH, bought it, and then rode to see BoxFlyer at his place. One of the most generous guys I have ever met. And yes, a COMPLETE service. The bike had an unknown history (until later when I found the service history) so we (ok, he) went through it thoroughly. Then I rode the rest of the way back to Richmond over the next couple of days. Longest trip I have ever done. 850 miles, 9 states, spread across 3 days of riding. (I'm not looking to be in the Iron Butt club anytime soon). Sneaking in rides around here when I can but looking forward to stretching my wings a little. 

I'm sure the real details are still being worked out, but generally speaking, what kind of activities and events can one expect during this time? For me, doesn't really matter because I won't be at work, won't have house chores to do, and I'll be on the bike and with good people so the rest is all bonus! :)

• Like 3
1 minute ago, Dennis Andress said:

Hmmmm....   Would she come along driving the Z car?

That's a thought, but then she wouldn't get her likely coveted time without me!

Spring is going to be tough deciding which to ride. Like two kids vying for your attention with different enticing things. You love them both, but...

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, Stresspuppy said:

Thanks! I'm in Richmond VA and ride a 2018 RT that I bought Oct 19 in NH. First BMW for me and I love it so far.

I flew up to NH, bought it, and then rode to see BoxFlyer at his place. One of the most generous guys I have ever met. And yes, a COMPLETE service. The bike had an unknown history (until later when I found the service history) so we (ok, he) went through it thoroughly. Then I rode the rest of the way back to Richmond over the next couple of days. Longest trip I have ever done. 850 miles, 9 states, spread across 3 days of riding. (I'm not looking to be in the Iron Butt club anytime soon). Sneaking in rides around here when I can but looking forward to stretching my wings a little. 

I'm sure the real details are still being worked out, but generally speaking, what kind of activities and events can one expect during this time? For me, doesn't really matter because I won't be at work, won't have house chores to do, and I'll be on the bike and with good people so the rest is all bonus! :)

Lots of riding either by yourself or in groups.  Whichever you prefer.

Brad working on bikes every day

Thursday night is endobob pizza night

Friday is a group sit down dinner and various awards and giveaways

Bourbon and cigars most every night in the parking lot

• Like 3
Dennis Andress
5 minutes ago, Stresspuppy said:

Spring is going to be tough deciding which to ride. Like two kids vying for your attention with different enticing things. You love them both, but...

Yeah, I get that too.

carrera-sunset-1.thumb.jpg.d70bcec5eff75f64921b24c0ec145941.jpg

• Like 2
  • Smile 2
19 minutes ago, TSConver said:

Yes…. Lots of riding options…. You can map out your own rides ,  use the routes the Amazing Bernie puts together and ride solo or with others.  There are riders of various styles so you can ride your own ride.  Then end of day tire kicking “cussin’ and discussin “ in the parking lot.

Oh ….. did we mention new guys get to bring the adult beverages :3:

• Like 1
  • Plus 1 1
4 hours ago, Dennis Andress said:

Yeah, I get that too.

carrera-sunset-1.thumb.jpg.d70bcec5eff75f64921b24c0ec145941.jpg

Beautiful! (The car and the view)

4 hours ago, RTinNC said:

Yes…. Lots of riding options…. You can map out your own rides ,  use the routes the Amazing Bernie puts together and ride solo or with others.  There are riders of various styles so you can ride your own ride.  Then end of day tire kicking “cussin’ and discussin “ in the parking lot.

Fantastic! I'm really looking forward to it. Options are great. Looking forward to seeing what Bernie puts together but I'll look as well just for fun. 

4 hours ago, RTinNC said:

Oh ….. did we mention new guys get to bring the adult beverages :3:

Well, as a long time designated driver, it would be a crap shoot as to what you might get. :19:

• Like 1

Once at the hotel at the end of the day, there is no need for designated driver, hence the adult beverages.   Some beer is freely shared by others, with a quality IPA being common.  I hear that porters are a close second, though.  :whistle:

• Like 3
4 hours ago, TSConver said:

With all the feed back from the last FirstTimerRide at FART 23, there may even be a repeat of such a event.

Of course it is not restricted to FirstTime Attendees , but they do get priority.

But who knows what @Indy Daveis cooking up again. :stir: :eat::bike:

• Like 2
  • Thinking 1
4 minutes ago, wbw6cos said:

Once at the hotel at the end of the day, there is no need for designated driver, hence the adult beverages.   Some beer is freely shared by others, with a quality IPA being common.  I hear that porters are a close second, though.  :whistle:

Does root beer count? Might be the best I can muster. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, wbw6cos said:

Oh yeah!!   I do know of a root beer aficionado in our mix:  @randy   That beverage is also welcomed!

Well I’m open to that. I have been going all around places here trying to find a a good one  @randy I look forward to hearing your recommendations. 

3 hours ago, Stresspuppy said:

Well I’m open to that. I have been going all around places here trying to find a a good one  @randy I look forward to hearing your recommendations. 

I will attempt to bring a local brewery root beer called Red Hare

• Like 2
On 11/22/2023 at 11:48 PM, Stresspuppy said:

Reservations made!! Looking forward to it. It's going to be a long 4 1/2 months of waiting for this now. 

• Like 2
23 hours ago, 3Putt said:

Is anyone coming from as far west as Colorado?

my son lives in Fort Collins, CO, but alas he is not coming.  I am working very hard to get him down to the 2024 UnRally.

• Like 1
On 11/24/2023 at 6:23 AM, wbw6cos said:

Is that one of them Untucked brand of shirts?  :spittake:

Do you really want to know what was untucked?

• Haha 2
  • Thinking 1
On 11/27/2023 at 7:50 PM, 3Putt said:

If I come I'd do some sort of southern swing through Texas maybe. 

@Skywagon threatens to join us from time to time. . . . He's from Big Sky Country.

• Like 2

He might… if he had a trailer or someone to ride with chances would be quite high 

IndyDave remember how hard it was on you guys in Austin last year… I think I remember something about you sleeping in. 😁

I heard a rumor there might be something coming to Arkansas. That would be great for me. I could make that in a long day

• Like 2

Count me in!  Looks like a great time. May have a few others come with us. My wife Nicole & I will be there Thursday

Looking forward to seeing / meeting everyone

• Like 5

Awesome!!  Glad you planning to join the fun Bill!  Will be a great time.   There are a few “Charlotte guys” going and pretty sure Doug is considering it.  Maybe your attendance will push him over the top. 😁

• Like 3
15 hours ago, RTinNC said:

Awesome!!  Glad you planning to join the fun Bill!  Will be a great time.   There are a few “Charlotte guys” going and pretty sure Doug is considering it.  Maybe your attendance will push him over the top. 😁

Looking forward to it Ed! Hope Doug can make it as well. The two guys you met with me (Doug H and Wayne) on the way home from Barber will most likely be coming as well. Hopefully we can get the crew together while up there and do a nice loop.

• Like 3
55 minutes ago, brorke said:

Looking forward to it Ed! Hope Doug can make it as well. The two guys you met with me (Doug H and Wayne) on the way home from Barber will most likely be coming as well. Hopefully we can get the crew together while up there and do a nice loop.

Sounds great!  

And just so it's clear I'm adding Bill & Co. to the "Charlotte Crew" tally :3:

Hey ... it's tough competition with the dang growing Indy Crew and Atlanta Crew.

Florida has Bernie and heck he's a crew all by himself. :D

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
25 minutes ago, RTinNC said:

Sounds great!  

And just so it's clear I'm adding Bill & Co. to the "Charlotte Crew" tally :3:

Hey ... it's tough competition with the dang growing Indy Crew and Atlanta Crew.

Florida has Bernie and heck he's a crew all by himself. :D

Yes, Ed it’s Bernie and His Yellow Stitch! :4617:

• Like 1

Maybe for me, unless my activities director has other plans for me. I hang my hat in eastern TN these days, so I don't need to travel far.

• Like 2
  • Indy Dave unfeatured this topic
  • 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, G.Nolan said:

Just made reservations yesterday.

Looking forward to it!

George (Indianapolis)

K1200s 

NOW the party begins!

• Haha 1