IGNORED

2024 START (Spring Tune-up Appalachian Riding Tour) April 24-28, 2024 Newport, TN

Indy Dave

39 minutes ago, Krid said:

I am in and looking forward to seeing y'all in the spring !  Hoping to get there Tuesday

Great, I hope you bring your better half along also.

• Like 1

I don't know if anyone is interested but the BMW training center in Greer, SC is offering their Two-Day Adventure Off-Road training April 29th-30th. Which is the Monday and Tuesday after START 2024. I know a few folks who have gone through the training and said it was excellent.  The YouTube videos I've watched all favorably praise the training. The price of the training is $1,800 which includes the training, lunch, and the bike rental.  You'll get 10% discount if you're a member of BMW MOA and MOA offers grants for $250 (pre-approval is necessary).  If my understanding you'll be reimbursed by BMW MOA once you attend the training.  

The training center is about 121 miles or 2.5 hours of riding away from Newport, TN.  

I just took a look and there are two slots still available.  I signed up about a month ago and I believe at the time, there were eight slots available so folks are signing up quickly.  

Dave...

• Like 1

Bernie I am not sure Christine can make this one yet but your post made her day!( we are both battling the remains of covid and feel like crap!) Thanks ... and by the way, belated congrats on your new black beauty! Enjoy  it!

• Like 2

Reservation made.  Wed - Saturday and then off to Torrey 3 weeks later. 

Looking forward to my first START.

Cheers!

• Like 5
Lone_RT_rider
26 minutes ago, Limecreek said:

Reservation made.  Wed - Saturday and then off to Torrey 3 weeks later. 

Looking forward to my first START.

Cheers!

Here's hoping this one sticks for you my friend.  :)  It will be good to see you again.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

Here's hoping this one sticks for you my friend.  :)  It will be good to see you again.

Retirement removes almost all the barriers.

• Like 6
On 10/26/2023 at 5:50 AM, Redline said:

I just joined this forum and will update my profile shortly. I'm new to the BMW sport touring world. Count me in.

Hey RedLine, this past FART was my first event as well and new to bmw. Everyone was super dooper cool and welcoming to the few of us "new folks." Lots of fun every day even if you choose to take a rest day, and the bonus was how fast all those gray headed / bald old guys were.  Hahaha! Its exactly the kinda group you want to be apart of if given the chance and can swing the time off from normal, boring things like life. Personally, I cant wait for the next ride. Safe travels in your journey and we'll see ya soon. 

• Like 4
  • Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, BruinsFan said:

Hey RedLine, this past FART was my first event as well and new to bmw. Everyone was super dooper cool and welcoming to the few of us "new folks." Lots of fun every day even if you choose to take a rest day, and the bonus was how fast all those gray headed / bald old guys were.  Hahaha! Its exactly the kinda group you want to be apart of if given the chance and can swing the time off from normal, boring things like life. Personally, I cant wait for the next ride. Safe travels in your journey and we'll see ya soon. 

Wow that is going to cost us a bundle. Thanks for the nice remarks and we try to be friendly to newcomers, at least the first time. 

• Haha 5
  • Confused 1

I know the Route Mapping is its own thing, put out closer to the event, but, what about a page where we can share our “must sees” “worthy eats” while in the area? Just a thought. 🤔

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, taylor1 said:

I know your thinking  Q  

I was actually thinking about maybe a classical art museum or…. Dang too easy, he got me! :rofl:

• Smile 1
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, TEWKS said:

I know the Route Mapping is its own thing, put out closer to the event, but, what about a page where we can share our “must sees” “worthy eats” while in the area? Just a thought. 🤔

We actually did do that for FART and we can certainly continue.

Apprentice BBR™ @RTinNC even created, printed, bound and distributed a resource. Autographed versions of these were in very high demand!

20231105_093223.thumb.jpg.41b4b99948a4ca051818ab96eca65c6c.jpg

• Like 2
  • Smile 1
7 minutes ago, RTinNC said:

As an “apprentice” I’d be happy to lead this if folks think it valuable.  Autographs are extra however 😂

I was referring to the demand for MY autograph :whistle:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
Lone_RT_rider
1 hour ago, Id's_OK said:

And just like that, it looks like I'm out.  I just found out about a family wedding the same weekend.  BOO!

No Bueno!!!!

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Id's_OK said:

And just like that, it looks like I'm out.  I just found out about a family wedding the same weekend.  BOO!

If you are not getting married, there is no reason for you to be there. I think Amazon will deliver.

• Like 2
  • Plus 1 1
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 3

Funny …. Years back when I attended Americade every June without fail I told my niece I’d attend her wedding any time of the year except the first week in June as I’d be in Lake George NY.   She happily scheduled around Americade.  

Just need to set expectations 😁

• Like 2
  • Smile 2
19 hours ago, Id's_OK said:

I'd just point out that we do have at least a couple of ARTers that officiate weddings.

Tell your niece the good news, we'll have her wedding in Newport, and then they can go spend their honeymoon with us first, then in blissful Dollywood (to show them how good they had it in our midst).

Problem Solved!

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
John Ranalletta
13 minutes ago, arr2 said:

Just made my reservations for April. This will be my first time with the group.

Looking forward to it.

You'll be getting novice instructions for the initiation ceremony with a list of cigars and whiskeys to bring.  Welcome aboard.

• Haha 4
44 minutes ago, arr2 said:

Just made my reservations for April. This will be my first time with the group.

Looking forward to it.

Welcome, and thanks for getting involved!

We look forward to meeting you!

• Like 1
bluenoserswife
On 11/7/2023 at 10:06 AM, Indy Dave said:

I'd just point out that we do have at least a couple of ARTers that officiate weddings.

Tell your niece the good news, we'll have her wedding in Newport, and then they can go spend their honeymoon with us first, then in blissful Dollywood (to show them how good they had it in our midst).

Problem Solved!

If you can find a way for Derrick to safely fit my bagpipes onto the bike for the drive from Canada (like that's going to happen LOL), I can provide the piping for the nuptials. 

• Like 3
1 minute ago, bluenoserswife said:

If you can find a way for Derrick to safely fit my bagpipes onto the bike for the drive from Canada (like that's going to happen LOL), I can provide the piping for the nuptials. 

How could anyone pass that up?? Plus, it'd make it an International Event!

@Id's_OK

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, CowboyJim said:

I just made reservations and will be there Wed - Sat...

Awesome !!   The Charlotte contingent  lives !!    

Jim you are beginning to be a regular :18:

• Like 2
22 hours ago, Indy Dave said:

How could anyone pass that up?? Plus, it'd make it an International Event!

@Id's_OK

Speaking of International Weddings - We are well versed in All Things International Wedding-Wise:

Here, for instance, is a recent wedding performed in Florin  (located between Sweden and Germany) by Yours Truly:

IMG_2505.thumb.JPG.9e604cdb7bcc8f21ebe456089e49605c.JPG

IMG_2495.thumb.JPG.4106d478f9bcea6d56b3b58407e14faa.JPG

And one closer to home in VA:

ddzoeandmatt.thumb.jpg.a1f50ef2ba4366666d369fac1478b4e9.jpg

• Like 8

INSTANT REPLAY UPDATE!:5200: (FASTER THAN A VEGAS FORMULA 1 CANCELED PRACTICE!) 

Our exclusive SLO-MO multi-angle analysis reveals a data conversion table error! MachineJoe and Melodi regain their original (and adjusted for Id's_OK canx) 49th position and the coveted half century mark (that's 50 for those of you counting) positions. That puts us to fiddy-six pre-holiday!

whosgoing2024newportNov1pg1sm.thumb.jpg.e0d313d6103f6f69934c00f61642b047.jpg

whosgoing2024newportMar19pg2.thumb.jpg.5ac4bdb317127d7341edf711857c3676.jpg

• Like 3
  • Plus 1 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
6 hours ago, Oldrider51 said:

Reservation made, in 24th - 28th. First time so should be interesting! Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Guaranteed fun.  The 2023 Sparta FART was my first one, it exceeded my expectations by a long shot.   It's a great group of people that go out of their way to welcome first timers.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1