IGNORED

Anybody go for ride today? Got Pictures?

Redman

Francois_Dumas

Yup, got a few miles in at last..... Unfortunately I am now limited to local rides along endless vineyards and olive orchards...... 

604558F6-ABEB-4CCC-A990-C1F1FAD23734.jpeg

• Like 11
  • Smile 1

I went for a "ride" last week. Does that count? I rode to the Texas Hill Country to visit my Sis to help her and her ailing husband with some household repair stuff.

I was more focused on getting there to help them and then get back so my photos were taken when convenient, not scenic.

Who the f*ck lives in Floydada, TX?

68755447242__24E66AFC-D409-40DA-85E2-953

I'd checked the weather forecast coming and going and all it said was "your riding weather will be perfect!!" Yea, that worked just fine until my return leg where the forecast called for rain and low temps. 

Departing Amarillo, TX, in low 50s temps and headed back to CO, I stopped in Texline, TX to fuel up and get something warm to drink.

IMG_6986-XL.jpg

As my return leg progressed so did the drop in temps. I entered New Mexico and low 40s temps and ended up having to stop about every 40 miles +/- to warm up. Mind you, the weatherman told me all would be well going and coming back so I left my trusty old school Gerbing's jacket liner home. Boy, did I miss that liner! 

A nice lady who owns a gift shop in Capulin, NM, let me hang out in her store for a while to warm up and eventually make my way to Raton, NM, and its famous pass. About the time I crested Raton Pass I was greeted with temps in the low 50s and no moisture.

IMG_6987-X2.jpg

This was my first long trip on the GSA and it performed quite well. 

• Like 6

Randy...of course it counts especially on a new bike.  I've been caught is a similar instance one time riding from Houston to New Orleans.  After that trip I always keep my raingear on board.  It folds to nearly nothing and weighs almost nothing.  It's not so much for the rain, but for the cold.  I put it on over my clothes and it's instant wind proof which helps a lot.

The old Raton Pass...lots of wind and a place I have been way on the otherside of the speed limit.  Kind of lonely out there.  Floydada...never heard of it.  Should have stopped in Amarillo and had the 72 oz steak at the Big Texan.  You would have been so miserable you wouldn't know you were cold or wet.  Nice report.

The 72oz Steak - The Big Texan Steak Ranch

1 minute ago, Skywagon said:

Randy...of course it counts especially on a new bike.  I've been caught is a similar instance one time riding from Houston to New Orleans.  After that trip I always keep my raingear on board.  It folds to nearly nothing and weighs almost nothing.  It's not so much for the rain, but for the cold.  I put it on over my clothes and it's instant wind proof which helps a lot.

The old Raton Pass...lots of wind and a place I have been way on the otherside of the speed limit.  Kind of lonely out there.  Floydada...never heard of it.  Should have stopped in Amarillo and had the 72 oz steak at the Big Texun.  You would have been so miserable you wouldn't know you were cold or wet.  Nice report.

The 72oz Steak - The Big Texan Steak Ranch

In 2004 I rode from CO (on the heels of an April blizzard) to visit relatives in MS and LA. Along the way, I stayed with a friend in Ft. Worth then departed in a light drizzle that turned into rain as I headed to Shreveport then south to Breaux Bridge, LA, the crawfish capital of the world. 9.5 hours of riding using my rain gear. For the ride mentioned above, I wore a Klim setup that was wonderful. Still, it didn't help me retain core body heat so from now on the Gerbings will be on board when travelling from September on. 

I've been to the Big Texan and got to watch some young bucks tackle their 72 oz challenge. I also got to watch one of them throw up the contents of his stomach in his failed attempt at gastronomic fame. Trust me, you don't want to witness something like that whilst trying to eat an overpriced and overcooked ribeye steak. Thank God someone else paid for the dinner tab.....this was a business trip. 

A few days late but I rode along the Hudson River up to West Point and stopped by the GWB.  Headed down the BRP this Saturday for a few days.  Hoping to see some beautiful fall colors and then ride a couple of the FART-22 Natural Bridge Routes.  

R1250RT GWB 10.10.22.jpg

R1250RT GWB 10.10.22-2.jpg

• Like 14
On 10/18/2022 at 8:52 PM, beemerboy said:

I went for a "ride" last week. Does that count? I rode to the Texas Hill Country to visit my Sis to help her and her ailing husband with some household repair stuff.

I was more focused on getting there to help them and then get back so my photos were taken when convenient, not scenic.

Who the f*ck lives in Floydada, TX?

68755447242__24E66AFC-D409-40DA-85E2-953

Don Williams...

• Like 1

Been rainy, cold, cloudy for days.

But clear today.

48degF by 11 am, and kinda windy for raking leaves, or at least that is a good enough excuse for doing something else

60deg by time got back home.

Was good to get out for a few hours.

IMG_9740a.JPG

• Like 10
8 hours ago, LBump said:

20221021_130716.thumb.jpg.9e14b5d513424b3179322bf53b136beb.jpg

Reveal hidden contents

Heading to Northern Idaho 

If this is current, better get on your rain and warm weather gear.   It's gonna be a pre-winter week of rain, freezing temps at night, mid 40F's in the day, and ... well, other weather nastiness, along with some really beautiful scenery, in Northern Idaho.

(Ya mean that guys actually RIDE these things, and don't just store them in the garage on a battery tender?  So THAT'S what these Beemers are used for.  Who knew?  🤔🙄🤣😔😒)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Scott9999 said:

If this is current, better get on your rain and warm weather gear.   It's gonna be a pre-winter week of rain, freezing temps at night, mid 40F's in the day, and ... well, other weather nastiness, along with some really beautiful scenery, in Northern Idaho.

(Ya mean that guys actually RIDE these things, and don't just store them in the garage on a battery tender?  So THAT'S what these Beemers are used for.  Who knew?  🤔🙄🤣😔😒)

Inclement weather in late October, close to the Canadian border?  Who knew?

• Smile 1
2 hours ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

I spent the day doing some quality time in the garage instead of riding. A bit of nesting....

IMG_20221023_155227325_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221023_155018057_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221023_155006610_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221023_154958283_HDR.jpg

I got a little Ryobi table saw just like you have.  Paid $50 at a yard sale in 2007 and that thing has been beat but it just won't die so I can justify a new one.  That Dewalt looks like a 12" saw,...got one of those from the rare time we hired a contractor,......he didn't do his job, so I kept his tools.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

I spent the day doing some quality time in the garage instead of riding. A bit of nesting....

IMG_20221023_155227325_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221023_155018057_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221023_155006610_HDR.jpg

IMG_20221023_154958283_HDR.jpg

Oh, was actually productive, huh.

Hum. Snooping a bit: I see Michigan license plates on wall. And water heater in garage, which I haven't see in Michigan, but have seen in southern California (but strapped to the wall).

• Like 1
John Ranalletta

Went for a ride in northern KY.  No pix and don't know how to edit vids.  The one I uploaded to YT was so poor in quality I deleted it.  So, there's that.

Anyway, most m/c vids are boring, at least mine.

• Like 1

Fall colors past peak here in southern Wisconsin. But still good to get out for a late season Monday ride. Might be another opportunity later this week with continuing mild temps.

20221024_144214.jpg

• Like 8
2 hours ago, narcosis said:

Riding with my brother-in-law and friends in NC...and eatingPXL_20221025_192125778_MP.thumb.jpg.f5eab341ed78efb06628d6a50942363d.jpg

Yep, sure enough, there they go again. 

I believe I've discovered a commonality explaining the nation's overweight/health crisis.   It's all 'cause of Beemer riders.  Check every picture of a gather of Beemer riders.  They're ALWAYS eating, maybe as much as they ride!    🙃😁😎

5 hours ago, Michiganr80rt said:

Mostly recovered from covid and we had an October day in the 70's yesterday so I rode M-22 up to Frankfort and back.

Glad ya got out and had some fun.   PRETTY fall riding! 

And, 70F?!  Oh my gosh, I'm hoping that I'll still see a 50F day here in Northern Idaho, so I can get out a couple more times.  Preferably, after my new Schuberth helmet arrives next week, but I'll ride with the old Nolan, too.

I shouldn't complain.  The past 4-5 weeks have been the most beautiful weather since I arrived here in 2015.  Every day, mid 70's perfect, evenings, crisp but mild.   Now, we're into the Pacific NW, darker, and continuous rainy season, until temps drop enough to get the white stuff.   

Still absolutely pretty, though, in any type of weather.   I'll miss it when we leave next year.  I'm still waiting to see if Allan @9Mary7 survives deep-Southern Alabama, to make our final decision.  🤣🤣🤣  (Well, that and waiting out the Real Estate and coming Financial system collapse, just the small stuff.  🙈😖).   We're treating this as our last Fall and Winter in beautiful Northern Idaho, before we push off for either Tennessee, Alabama, or the Florida panhandle.  But ... I digress (as usual).

11 hours ago, Scott9999 said:

I'm still waiting to see if Allan @9Mary7 survives deep-Southern Alabama, to make our final decision.  🤣🤣🤣  (Well, that and waiting out the Real Estate and coming Financial system collapse, just the small stuff.  🙈😖).   We're treating this as our last Fall and Winter in beautiful Northern Idaho, before we push off for either Tennessee, Alabama, or the Florida panhandle.  But ... I digress (as usual).

The south has the no vacancy sign on.

'No Vacancy' Signs Are Vanishing From America's Highways - Bloomberg

• Like 2
  • Plus 1 2
Lone_RT_rider
Just now, Darbarian said:

That looks to me like an intermittent vacancy.  Make up your mind, South. 

They made up their mind long ago.  "Come, spend all your money, develop and invest in our areas.....then promptly leave and go back, you damned Yankee."

• Like 2
  • Smile 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Darbarian said:

That looks to me like an intermittent vacancy.  Make up your mind, South. 

Nah, it just tries to portray an inconsistent electrical grid to deter would be new home seekers.

• Haha 1

Out here we have near west VS left coast.

Don't Californicate Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado (they lost the battle as did Arizona)

Montana's welcome mat looks a lot like this:

image.jpeg.f9c64d4a5c070c1d86a279b37551e26b.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Smile 1
1 hour ago, Darbarian said:

Out here we have near west VS left coast.

Don't Californicate Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, Colorado (they lost the battle as did Arizona)

Montana's welcome mat looks a lot like this:

image.jpeg.f9c64d4a5c070c1d86a279b37551e26b.jpeg

That's part of the reason that we're planning on leaving Northern Idaho.  We were late arrivers from California, back in 2015, but the change in Idaho since 2015 has been, well, traumatic.  I grew up in Orange, California, in the heart of Orange County, with Orange trees behind my house, in a city that was still 50% farmland (well, maybe 35%, but it was a lot of Orange Trees in Orange, and in the surrounding communities, probably 70% farmland).  I watched Orange County grow as I grew up, and when I left for the Navy, and came back home after four years, Orange County had quadrupled in size.  Moreover, it had run from Ronald Reagan country, to a Democrat controlled, totally corrupt government (and yeah, the GOP wasn't much better).   After some work traveling, my new wife and I raised our family in Northern San Diego County (near Camp Pendleton), with horse pastures across from us.   Fast forward 15 years, and our town was the hotbed of both ethnic gang activity, and a totally, Police-Union controlled local government.  I won't go on, but basically, I've seen this "movie" twice in my life, and I'm not connected closely enough to my new home in Idaho, to remain through another encore.

Little example:  A ex-con with a long record, the latest being for arson, was let out early from the local Spokane jail.  He hopped a train down our way (we're a mile from the WA border), walked over to an elderly rancher's property, and lit fire to his barn.  The 78 year old rancher ran out to see what was going on, the con jumped him, took his side arm, and murdered him.  A couple of local neighbors were running down to help with  the fire, and he shot at them, hitting one.  The local Sheriff's deputies finally captured him, STILL holding the weapon, at a nearby business which has become a local hang out, for homeless/transient coming into Idaho near the rail lines.   The ex-con had a LONG record, and should have been put away for good after his LAST arson, but the "good hearted" Marxist prosecutors in Spokane just gave him a love tap, and sent him on towards our area, to murder Idaho citizens.   At this point, you're nuts living this close to Washington state, without carrying a fire arm.  (And, mind you, East Washington is generally a pretty conservative area of the Northwest.)

So, though I love this area, between the economic issues, and sludge moving from Oregon, WA, and yes, California, it's time to move.  When I first got here, I heard all the comments about Californians overrunning the area, and my reply was "Wait, the California refugees coming here are MORE conservative than most Idahoans."  I may have been right back then, but I can tell you for certain, that's not the case now.    

And ... I just realized that I'm not on the "full throttle" thread, so I won't say any more.   Don't really want to offend anyone here - we're all friends, right?  So, yeah, I'm a coward who's lost so many "social" battles, I ain't staying to fight another one here in Idaho.

I dropped off a bike for insurance work and they gave me a loaner, soooo I took it into the mts.

97DAEDFF-8A9D-440E-B85F-7190CA774615.thumb.jpeg.662819ba0ff15049a4353217fc9bb724.jpeg

CDF36583-F37F-43CD-BD06-BAF00109A849.thumb.jpeg.9c49eee065877c492879d4b180001ee0.jpeg

1F0B9E39-5E22-4FA9-8DCC-6E2BB40DB2BB.thumb.jpeg.fcc15c2e0f9bb915d4ff2a4586e63a06.jpeg

Oh and it seems some of us may be  eligible for new drive shafts. 

• Like 10
Lone_RT_rider
8 hours ago, longjohn said:

I dropped off a bike for insurance work and they gave me a loaner, soooo I took it into the mts.

97DAEDFF-8A9D-440E-B85F-7190CA774615.thumb.jpeg.662819ba0ff15049a4353217fc9bb724.jpeg

CDF36583-F37F-43CD-BD06-BAF00109A849.thumb.jpeg.9c49eee065877c492879d4b180001ee0.jpeg

1F0B9E39-5E22-4FA9-8DCC-6E2BB40DB2BB.thumb.jpeg.fcc15c2e0f9bb915d4ff2a4586e63a06.jpeg

How many miles were on that demo RS bike. I know somebody that's looking. 

8 hours ago, longjohn said:

What determines who is eligible for new drive shafts?  All I have heard indicates it is limited to GS’s. I do admit to being a bit out of touch though!

8 hours ago, Red said:

That looks a lot like lake Abert in SE Origone.  You have a cousin Albert in CA?

No cousin. It is the same lake. 

Rock at same lake. 

20221026_123916.thumb.jpg.f6f5419ce06e10ac610aa4d24c2e49c6.jpg

• Plus 1 1
3 hours ago, Lone_RT_rider said:

How many miles were on that demo RS bike. I know somebody that's looking. 

29k-ish?  I didn’t have my contacts in and it was one of those older black on yellowish displays. I’ll look today when I ride it back. 

edit:  there may be a distinction between a loaner and a demo. 

3 hours ago, Rockosmith said:

What determines who is eligible for new drive shafts?  All I have heard indicates it is limited to GS’s. I do admit to being a bit out of touch though!

He looked around my bike (rt) for damage and then checked for the final drive hole/plug and said I may be eligible for a new drive shaft in a few miles as Bmw is taking them seriously.  I’ll ask today when I bring the rs back.  It sure was flickable on those mt roads. :clap:

• Like 1

I was fortunate to ride down to Marshall, VA and spend a few days riding in VA and WV with my cousin.  Cool in the mornings and mid-70s by the afternoon.  Incredible weather for 5 days.  Life is good.  

3B3B2D4F-DA61-43D0-A121-471E36087C03.jpeg

00B9F51B-8321-4A4D-B56E-7634C34C4FC4.jpeg

2EDB87B0-43B2-4645-A2FE-8B6ACED859C3.jpeg

• Like 12