IGNORED

START 2014 - Slayin' The Dragon

Kinsley

Joe Frickin' Friday

Ken/everyone,

I edited your opening post to provide a link to the specific post containing the GPS files. Anyone asks where the files are, send 'em to the top of this thread. :grin:

Sorry, but I won't be there on the 25th. I had a major accident on the other bike. My wife canceled the reservation yesterday. Have fun and ride safe.

Hope you are OK! Sorry to hear about the accident. Heal quickly. :thumbsup:

Sorry to say, me and Mrs A will be missing this one. We'll be in Jamaica. :cry: We'll attempt to keep our spirits up though . . . perhaps with rum. :wave:

And don't feel to bad, I will not be able to make the event either, OUT due to family obligations. Hopefully I can make the FALL Event.

See you guys later. :wave:

I disapprove of this development... was looking forward to seeing you! :wave:

Does that mean you're IN for sure? For Real?

Yessir!!! In fact, just had new shoes and fresh oil put on/in the Roadrunner this past weekend! :clap:

(Only dodgy thing, is I've got a thin crack in my exhaust pipe. I'm told it's safe to make this trip; but will be getting it welded when I get home. :eek:

Does this mean I have to hide my Maker's Mark from you? :dopeslap:

Jim

No Jim, she's willing to share bourbon...

Your Reuben though... that's another story.

Getting back to a subject I raised a while back, and that's somewhere to pick up a few beer on the way in. I'll be on I-40 west from Asheville, then heading SW on US 19, 74, 28 etc. Anyone know of a spot to pick up beer along that route?

It WAS horrible.... major starvation was involved. It was a brutal scene. I'm surprised anyone survived to tell the story.....

Getting back to a subject I raised a while back, and that's somewhere to pick up a few beer on the way in. I'll be on I-40 west from Asheville, then heading SW on US 19, 74, 28 etc. Anyone know of a spot to pick up beer along that route?

Any Ingles grocery will have a decent beer assortment.

Spirits must be bought in State Stores, otherwise, it's not that bad to find stuff.

Something in Bryson City may be your last opportunity on that route...

Or, just bring your own from home. :D

Boomer: I'll tell ya another thing: their beer sucks!

Canadian Bacon... The candy striper quote is my favorite, especially since this movie came out in 1995

there is a microbrewery in Andrews, www.andrewsbrewing.com, if you by that way during the outing. We'll be coming up through that area and I'm planning on making a stop for supplies but will be too late for the group.

Something in Bryson City may be your last opportunity on that route...

Or, just bring your own from home. :D

Boomer: I'll tell ya another thing: their beer sucks!

Canadian Bacon... The candy striper quote is my favorite, especially since this movie came out in 1995

Ah yes, but I'm not living in Canada now (or for the next few years). Like in the movie, I have infiltrated the U.S. :grin:

Lone_RT_rider
there is a microbrewery in Andrews, www.andrewsbrewing.com, if you by that way during the outing. We'll be coming up through that area and I'm planning on making a stop for supplies but will be too late for the group.

It's 19.5 miles to Andrews from the hotel. At the speeds we have been known to travel in that area, that's about 10 minutes. :dopeslap::rofl:

It's supposed to be nice in TN this weekend. I'm actually thinking about washing the bike before the START. I don't want to over-commit, but now that I've posted it, maybe it'll get done. :grin:

Friday Sat in. Got the last room...

Woo HOo!! Clampett Family Reunion is ON!!!!! :clap: :clap:

Unfortunately, I am out...

Multiple conflicts with work and family.

Probably karma for Canada bashing, eh!

You kids have fun, send me pictures

Unfortunately, I am out...

Multiple conflicts with work and family.

Probably karma for Canada bashing, eh!

You kids have fun, send me pictures

Sorry to hear that, will hoist a cold one to you anyway! (As if I needed an excuse...:rofl:)

Sorry to hear that Danny, oops, I mean Matt...

:grin:

we will miss you.

Hope things sort out for you and see ya soonish.

we will miss you.

Guy makes it to two events in 5 years, thinks he can talk smack... :dopeslap: Oy..

It's ok, there's a super secret invitation only mountain weekend in the mix already!

Gotta bid for vacation time in the second half. If anyone cares to share a bit about another venture later in the year, bwpsg42@comcast.net.

we will miss you.

Guy makes it to two events in 5 years, thinks he can talk smack... :dopeslap: Oy..

It's ok, there's a super secret invitation only mountain weekend in the mix already!

Well, 12, but who's counting?

(Over 40+ overall).

Probably would made a couple more w/out the chemo crap.

:)

Do we have to let you cook the brats to show up?

:P

:wave:

Nah, even cooking brats won't get me to this one.

I'll be up there in a few weeks though just the same.

Well, 12, but who's counting?

(Over 40+ overall).

Probably would made a couple more w/out the chemo crap. :)

You must be a great school administrator - collecting and remembering data, data, data! :grin:

Well, the 18K is complete and I just changed my own tires for the first time in my life yesterday (which took what seemed like the entire day yesterday ... and when I woke up this morning I felt like I'd gotten into a fight and had gotten my ass kicked).

So, a quick test ride today and then I'll be good to start packing up. Not washing the bike. Going dirty.

I sooooooo need this trip.

Sorry to see so many have to cancel for a variety of reason ... health, family obligations, etc. You all will be missed, but we'll toast our friends return on later ride events.

Cheers!

Nice n Easy Rider
Well, the 18K is complete and I just changed my own tires for the first time in my life yesterday (which took what seemed like the entire day yesterday ... and when I woke up this morning I felt like I'd gotten into a fight and had gotten my ass kicked).

So, a quick test ride today and then I'll be good to start packing up. Not washing the bike. Going dirty.

Sorry to see so many have to cancel for a variety of reason ... health, family obligations, etc. You all will be missed, but we'll toast our friends return on later ride events.

Cheers!

Yes Craig, definitely sorry to be missing this one and seeing everyone again. Happy to report though, that 6 days after my first back injection I can walk with now minimal pain (and no sciatica) and can climb stairs again. I'm starting to work on rebuilding strength in my core and hopefully I'll be in great shape for the BB & B in late July.

Have fun and ride safely everyone. :)

Well.....I hate to add to the "can't make it" list, but it looks like I'm out as well. Traveling for business and wont be back til Friday PM, boo. :mad:

Hope all have a great time. Enjoy, I hope to see you all at FART.

Nice n Easy Rider
George -

I'll save a seat for you at Snowshoe for B5Q....

Jim

Thanks Jim. Looking forward to it.

I too sooooo need this trip! This weekend put a new rear tire on the bike and went for a very short test ride (first time on the bike since last October). Combination of winter weather and to many other must do things in my life since my wife broke her femur last October.

Fortunately my daughter is here helping out and, assuming all goes well at work Monday and Tuesday, I have my wife and daughters blessing to head out early and plan to arrive Wednesday night. :clap:

A new tire before the trip.

Uh oh...

Beth and I are looking forward to seeing you Bob.

And all the other folks too, :grin: .

There's an epidemic around here - out. Elder care issues - didn't see that one coming.

Had a beautiful route planned to blow past Tim's house and blare my horn on my way up to my first visit to Barber. Also had one of the unslept-in bunk cabins at Two Wheels of Suches reserved. Will have to shelve that plan for a bit later.

I must say Ken, a closer inspection of those routes you put together was very impressive - fantastic work.

I spent last week loading Basecamp, blowing the dust off the Zumo and figuring it all out. Basecamp was a bit frustrating routing my way up using the Macbook Air (connected to the Zumo using it's old mapset) until I switched from Motorcycle to Car - lightbulb on moment for me. The damn thing had me tooling around inthe Ocala National Forest looking for enduro roads until I switched it off. Such a luddite.

Enjoy.

There's an epidemic around here - out. Elder care issues - didn't see that one coming.

Had a beautiful route planned to blow past Tim's house and blare my horn on my way up to my first visit to Barber. Also had one of the unslept-in bunk cabins at Two Wheels of Suches reserved. Will have to shelve that plan for a bit later.

I must say Ken, a closer inspection of those routes you put together was very impressive - fantastic work.

I spent last week loading Basecamp, blowing the dust off the Zumo and figuring it all out. Basecamp was a bit frustrating routing my way up using the Macbook Air (connected to the Zumo using it's old mapset) until I switched from Motorcycle to Car - lightbulb on moment for me. The damn thing had me tooling around inthe Ocala National Forest looking for enduro roads until I switched it off. Such a luddite.

Enjoy.

Yes, it's a terrible epidemic...this Out disease.

Well, you can save the routes for later, so it's not wasted effort on your part..you'll just have to drool until you actually ride them.

BaseCamp is the way to go..after you learn the changes.

Preferences can make a huge difference, so I leave my Preferences on Driving (car) and on Fastest Time. Everything is un-checked, even Unpaved Roads (because some are actually paved). The secret to great routes is adding Waypoints on strategic roads so that the mapping software has no choice but to send you on the roads you want to be on. If you ever ride one of my routes and you arrive at one of my Waypoints and the GPS tells you to make a U-turn, ignore it and ride on because you are meant to be on that road, the GPS will recalculate and send you towards the next Waypoint if you have Auto Recalculate turned On.

Lone_RT_rider
Yes, it's a terrible epidemic...this Out disease.

I'm just hoping I don't catch it. Mom's stable at this point and so far so good. *crosses fingers*

I'll know on Wed morning when I hit the go button on the handlebar.

Shawn

I am about to be claimed by the OUT decease also. Deb's dad is hospitalized and it doesn't look like he is coming home soon. If he gets home before the weekend I will try to shoot over.

Alan

At the rate everyone's bowing out, does this mean I'll be alone at my first of these illustrious gatherings? :grin:

My bike's washed, fuelled and ready to go first thing Wednesday morning.

At the rate everyone's bowing out, does this mean I'll be alone at my first of these illustrious gatherings? :grin:

My bike's washed, fuelled and ready to go first thing Wednesday morning.

No, but you may hear the same lies more than once :P

Archived