IGNORED

START 2014 - Slayin' The Dragon

Kinsley

Yes, Joel (Slumgullian) has ben gracious enough to allow Jason who works for his business to do most of the design work for the logos. I supplied the photo and just watched Jason do his magic as he has done for me several years now, so I really don't deserve any credit there.

Just checked the hotel online, and though it appears to be sold out, if you call 'em, they still have a decent variety of rooms left, but not too many. The important thing to note here is that entering "BMW Group" online still returns a no vacancy listing, but a phone call gets it done. They're at over 90% though, so if you're on the fence, it might be a good time to commit. Now to convince the missus that this is just exactly the thing to do for our anniversary! (Wish me luck on that score....)

Called and got reservation.

Nice people on the phone. Sounded excited to have us there.

Might have to make a stop on the way for that bottle of Makers Mark. :thumbsup:

I've got a call into Ken's contact at Microtel group reservations ... will update you once I speak with her. There should be no limitation until the hotel is completely full.

In the meantime, please call the hotel direct for reservations. To be on the safe side, call sooner rather than later.

Just called the hotel directly this morning (Thursday) and booked a room for four nights, arriving Wednesday. I first called the 1-877 number, thinking it was a direct line to the hotel (it was central reservations and they would only take a reservation for three nights).

This will the first one of these I've attended, so I'm looking forward to it, though I have attended about half a dozen UnRallies, starting in 2006.

I'll be riding the Blue Ridge Pw area that week and figured I'd stop in Robbinsville for a few nights to meet some of you. I first visited back in 5/11 when I acquired a 96 RT. I caught the RT bug and now have an 07. Made reservations this morning.

Steve

Will make a reservation today...

I'm in!

Brilliant! Wouldn't be the same without you there!

I'll be riding the Blue Ridge Pw area that week and figured I'd stop in Robbinsville for a few nights to meet some of you. I first visited back in 5/11 when I acquired a 96 RT. I caught the RT bug and now have an 07. Made reservations this morning.

Steve

Fantastic, Steve. We love have new faces show up!

I've got a call into Ken's contact at Microtel group reservations ... will update you once I speak with her. There should be no limitation until the hotel is completely full.

In the meantime, please call the hotel direct for reservations. To be on the safe side, call sooner rather than later.

I spoke with Bonnie from group sales a few minutes ago. She said our block is in tact; us having only reserved about half of our block (so there should be about 20 rooms left). She's looking into any issues with reserving online.

She noted that the hotel has few rooms left outside of our block and believes that's where there may have been a disconnect in online reporting.

So, we should be good to go. However, if anyone has any difficulties ... can't reserve a room or are being told there are none left, she said to call the toll free number, ask for group sales, and then ask for her. She'll take care of any problems with our group personally if needs be!

That said, calling the hotel direct is still the quickest means of securing a reservation. Be sure to mention Group name "BMW Group" - Confirmation # 97561870 before you ask for availability.

Cheers!

The "Twins" are in. Just called and made a res. for 4/24-27. Frank and I are looking forward to another great event. Thanks to Ken, Ty and all the rest who make this possible. :thumbsup:

Well, at least it looks like my post about bailing out may have been a well-timed bump for the event thread! :grin:

That was the key for us.

:grin:

See you next time.

:wave:

I doubt I'll be able to make it, but its on my calendar. Might have to be a surgical strike.

I'll be solo if you want the other half of the room.

The next weekend in the Georgia Mountain Rally at Hiawassee, Georgia. It makes no sense for me to ride back home from START and then turn right back around for the GMR, so I'm planning on staying in the area and camping.

Anyone else going to both?

I had hoped to get their in time to meet some of you guys but I will be arriving in Tellico Plains sometime on the 27th, staying through the end of the week to ride and ride, leaving to return to Florida on May 2. If anyone is in the area, 305-394-7464.

I had hoped to get their in time to meet some of you guys but I will be arriving in Tellico Plains sometime on the 27th, staying through the end of the week to ride and ride, leaving to return to Florida on May 2. If anyone is in the area, 305-394-7464.

Ya know that it's only 50 miles from there to Robbinsville, NC on the Cherohala Skyway, a fantastic riding road, right? And you will be there before START starts and after it ends. Come on over and say HOWDY.

Besides, Bernie will be in TP, eating again, since he is now a local celebrity having been interviewed by the media on previous trips. :grin::clap::wave:

Ya know that it's only 50 miles from there to Robbinsville, NC on the Cherohala Skyway, a fantastic riding road, right? And you will be there before START starts and after it ends. Come on over and say HOWDY.

Besides, Bernie will be in TP, eating again, since he is now a local celebrity having been interviewed by the media on previous trips. :grin::clap::wave:

You got that right Bud, can't go to the mountains without stopping at my favorite bakery and coffee shop, as long as it doesn't snow.

:wave:

PS: I got some new riding gear, this should stop al these complainers about me not washing my Stich. This one should look clean for at least a ride or two. :rofl:

IMAG3859.jpg

Comparison, as a refresher.

IMAG3864.jpg

Bernie,

We don't really mind the dirt. Just don't go putting any scratches on that new Sticht! :grin:

Second that!! Here's to lots and lots of safe, "clean" miles for you and your Stitch. :clap:

In case you missed it, Bernie is a media celebrity

The event is the 24th-27th.

I wondered in the earlier posts about you

meeting up w/participants.

Have a great time but don't think many will be there on the 28th.

Next time.

In. Don't know if I will make it down Thursday night (work schedule) but will be there Friday and Saturday nights.

Really looking forward to this after last year.

Our schedule departs the Florida Keys Friday morning, April 25, when we'll travel up to our place in central FL. We will leave on the morning of the 26 and ride up to Central GA where we will spend the night and then ride into TP on the 27th so we will miss most of you. If anyone is hanging out in the area waiting for the GA Mtn Rally, perhaps we can hook up for a cold one some afternoon.

Our schedule departs the Florida Keys Friday morning, April 25, when we'll travel up to our place in central FL. We will leave on the morning of the 26 and ride up to Central GA where we will spend the night and then ride into TP on the 27th so we will miss most of you. If anyone is hanging out in the area waiting for the GA Mtn Rally, perhaps we can hook up for a cold one some afternoon.

That would be me. After START I'm headed over to the Georgia Mountain Rally site and will camp there for that week and the weekend of the Rally.

IIRC you posted your phone#. I will give you a shout out. :clap:

Archived