IGNORED

START 2014 - Slayin' The Dragon

Kinsley

The Spring gathering gets a new name starting in 2014 as we move from Helen for the next one and it becomes START (Spring Tune-up Appalachian Riding Tour).

Craig Titus (TyTass) will be joining me in organizing and we look forward to seeing everyone in the Spring.

So, join us for START 2014 - Robbinsville, NC - Slayin' The Dragon

The Date: April 24th-27th

The Location: Robbinsville, NC

Microtel by Wyndham

111 Rodney Orr Bypass, Robbinsville, NC   28771

Phone numbers 1-877-361-2512 Local (828-479-6772)

Group name "BMW Group" - Confirmation # 97561870

Microtel Hotel Website

GPS coordinates 35.323048,-83.802906

Room Descriptions and Rates: Rates good until 4/10/14

1 Queen/non smoking (1-2 adults) 4/24 = $55.21 4/25 & 26 = $63.71

2 Queens/non smoking

(1-2 adults) 4/24 = $63.71 4/25 & 26 = $72.21

(3 adults) 4/24 = $72.21 4/25 & 26 = $80.71

(4 adults) 4/24 = $80.71 4/25 & 26 = $89.21

1 Queen/non smoking suite (1-2 adults) 4/24 = $72.21 4/25 & 26 = $80.41

24 hr cancelation policy

Routes and Meal details to come later

***MODERATOR EDIT****

The downloadable GPS route files for this event can be found here.

Reservation made. :thumbsup: They will extend the same rate if you want to stay onther night or two. It takes a full day down and back to slab to NC from DC so I usually tray to arrive Wednesday night and get 3 full days of riding in the area before heading home. :thumbsup:

Great choice - thank you Ken and Craig! :clap:

Checking with the wife.

I dare you to say that at the firehouse! :rofl:

Pat

My wife comes and cooks for us right often. So the crew don't dare cross her! We be smart!

Oh, and sadly, I'm only a maybe... had a judge set a friggin' jury trial on me for Monday morning April 28th. :mad:

We will help you prepare for the trial - just bring along a bottle of Maker's Mark. :grin:

Oh, and sadly, I'm only a maybe... had a judge set a friggin' jury trial on me for Monday morning April 28th. :mad:

We will help you prepare for the trial - just bring along a bottle of Maker's Mark. :grin:

I'll help too. I'm an excellent firehouse lawyer. Many of the worlds problems have been solved with a cup of coffee in the day room.

I can't commit either, yet.

We're about due for a Clampett reunion... R'ville sounds like just the place. I've got a room at the probably inn myself.

Lone_RT_rider

I'm not going without you (or Mitch of course). What judge do I need to send the...... uhhhh.... "donation" to? ;)

Shawn

Reservation made. :thumbsup: They will extend the same rate if you want to stay onther night or two. It takes a full day down and back to slab to NC from DC so I usually tray to arrive Wednesday night and get 3 full days of riding in the area before heading home. :thumbsup:

Great choice - thank you Ken and Craig! :clap:

Bob ... I may do the same for START 2014 the same reason.

Terri and I regretted not taking 3 days off last weekend, but we just didn't have the ability to because of work. Despite that FART 2013 moved up to the top of my Alltime Favorite Ride Events List (sharing the top notch with UN X). Admittedly, that's pretty silly to say as they're all pretty much f-ing fantastic anyway. But I have to admit that sometimes the stars align just so, the weather gods cooperate, and some events are even more special to me than others in my memory.

However, what's perfect for me isn't necessarily perfect for everyone else. That's why Ken and I plan to continuously change START/FART event venues. Not only will that keep each one fresh, but we feel it's a better way to accomodate a larger number of people ... though perhaps over time. It also helps with finding hotels with availability during the desired period.

All that said ... Worry not. We'll cycle back to your favorite after a few events. :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

IN (I hope). I haven't had much luck making it down there the past few years. I made a reservation for the 24th-27th. I tried to get the room starting on the 23rd, but they said they could give me one for those four nights. I'll ride down to Corbin, KY on the 23rd, and ride the rest of the way on the 24th, and get in some riding in that area.

IN (I hope). I haven't had much luck making it down there the past few years. I made a reservation for the 24th-27th. I tried to get the room starting on the 23rd, but they said they could give me one for those four nights. I'll ride down to Corbin, KY on the 23rd, and ride the rest of the way on the 24th, and get in some riding in that area.

Burt - did you call the hotel directly or the 877 reservation number? I had no problem extending my room to Wednesday night the 23rd at the same BMWST rate by calling the hotel directly.

Look forward to seeing you there.

Microtel by Wyndham

111 Rodney Orr Bypass, Robbinsville, NC 28771

Phone numbers 1-877-361-2512 Local (828-479-6772)

Group name "BMW Group" - Confirmation # 97561870

Lone_RT_rider

I'm not going without you (or Mitch of course). What judge do I need to send the...... uhhhh.... "donation" to? ;)

Shawn

Mitch is somewhere over the Pacific Ocean right about now, so I am going to take a leap of faith and say IN! Reservations made. I'm looking forward to it!

Mitch is somewhere over the Pacific Ocean right about now, so I am going to take a leap of faith and say IN! Reservations made. I'm looking forward to it!

I'll take that other half if he's not in. We can make it a going away party.

Where you going too? :S

Where you going too? :S

You know where...

Lone_RT_rider

You'll be next in line sir. :) And with my new nose strips, you won't even need ear plugs. :D

Joe Frickin' Friday

You chose...wisely.

last-crusade.jpg

Yep, I'll be dere. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go sleep for a couple of days.

Can't think of a better group to spend my birthday with. :wave:

So, I think it will look like we're Slayin' a Chinese Dragon with all those candles :wave:

And a Permit from the Fire Department.

You know We love ya Marty, see ya next Saturday.

Terry

One candle will do/don't want to create a shortage. :dopeslap::wave:

• 1 month later...

Grrr... I'm still mad that I probably can't make this one.

I'm going to keep checking the Defendant's record to see if she's picked up new charges... That way I can offer a deal and free up that weekend!!

If I ever get a side car rig I will never get away from the house without him!

What does he look like without glasses? Could this be his brother...

rhho.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I can't wait 'til April...hopefully some great weather by then.

I'll be working on some routes other than the obvious ones out the back door :)

Today was a fairly rare warm day (for this year anyway) and I'm really jonesin' for a ride in the NC mountains. Can't come soon enough. Tomorrow we're looking at another snow storm ... not a lot of accumulation ... but definitely some more bitter cold.

I liked the winter of 2011/2012 when we first moved down here better. Rode all winter long ... rarely with Gerbings, too.

Come on APRIL!

Archived