IGNORED

College football 2012...let's get ready to ruuuummmble!

Huzband

Don't get me started.

:grin:

West Virginia bails on a season opener with us so we have to scramble and get a lightweight.

Hmmm, didn't some mighty SEC teams play Wofford/Towson State/etc?

UF will be best D we've played (as is true of all their opponents)

but we're best O they've faced and our D still is stat leader or close in many cats.

Hoping for a blowout by us.

Not likely...

Am I the only one that has a problem cheering for a coach that got you put on NCAA probation for lying to the investigators?

Maybe it is the Wolverine in me?

:Cool:

Michigan's broken system has yet to be fixed. As great a QB Denard Robinson is, he's not a great QB. Michigan has relied too much on him over the years, "snap the ball and hope Robinson can make something happen", seems to have been their offensive plan since the Rodriguez days.

I'd like to see them get a real QB; a pocket passer who can make things happen. And a real ground game where the tail backs gain the most yards (as opposed to the QB), and most of all, an air tight stingy defense.

Until then...

Congrats to the Gators...surprised by the score. Irish, Bama and Dawgs control their own destiny. Funny how not having a conference championship game is a plus for ND. This year would be pefect for a 4 team playoff.

Congrats to the Gators...surprised by the score. Irish, Bama and Dawgs control their own destiny. Funny how not having a conference championship game is a plus for ND. This year would be pefect for a 4 team playoff.

Lane Kiffen threw the game to hose the gators... I'm sure of it ;-)

I hate to say it, but RTR!!!

SEC proves it again.... 6 out of 10 of top BCS teams are.... SEC !!!

Texas A&M we are proud to call you SEC..

Too bad A & M didn't get a couple warm up games before the SEC started.

A & M could be playing for the title.

:rofl:

Heard Maryland and Rutgers are joining the Big 10 next year. The big 14? Rutgers? Really? And they're rated! I'm soooooo confused.

Wolverines played about as expected, OSU too. A close game, well played and no bench-clearing brawls. I'll call it a season.

Denard as RB did well but it was obvious with his injury what was going to happen when he lined up at QB. Announcers nailed it, too. Garner played very well, next year looks promising.

Edit: Go Alabama!!!

You can breathe now Danny!

Time for that 7th consecutive Championship in the SEC

Too bad the team playing the best won't be there to represent.

:wave:

Michigan?

No, that's OK. They're not really interested in being there anyhow. Alabama and ND can play, that's alright :grin:

You can breathe now Danny!

Time for that 7th consecutive Championship in the SEC

Blind squirrels and acorns Whip... A&M might get their turn, but they sure didn't show much the first half of the year

Whip... This is your first year in the SEC...Learn what all of us have known for years...Our favorite SEC team may not win ALL the marbles...but we still OWN ALL OF THEM... Congrats ALABAMA...Congrats to a very fine Georgia football team...Congrats to the SEC...Noter Dumb do you really think you can HANG? Good Luck trying...

2013 Pre-season Top 5... Alabama, Georgia, Florida, Texas A&M, and whatever team you want to put there.....

But Nutter Dumb is gracious enough to fill in for them. :rofl:

Whip... This is your first year in the SEC...Learn what all of us have known for years...Our favorite SEC team may not win ALL the marbles...but we still OWN ALL OF THEM...

Noter Dumb do you really think you can HANG? Good Luck trying...

While I'm not beholden to any conference, just specific teams, now that it has been listed out for me, it does seem the SEC is on a big old roll lately. I think I'll actually watch this year's "title" game. Go 'Bama! Spank those drunken little leprechauns.

Give Whip a break. It's been a long time since the Aggies were not under the foot of their Big Brother at UT. They look good and they might get better. Time will tell now they are in the SEC.

The funny thing is, from 1981 until 2002, No SEC champs.

2003-05 USC?OK?LSU?Texas in the mix (LSU's a split)

Then the current SEC streak began.

Hasn't a;ways been the SEC and in due course, the pendulum will swing another direction.

As for ND, they have more football national titles from all sources than Alabama does.

Enjoy the view while it lasts...

Give Whip a break. It's been a long time since the Aggies were not under the foot of their Big Brother at UT. They look good and they might get better. Time will tell now they are in the SEC.

What he said... :clap:

Michigan?

No, that's OK. They're not really interested in being there anyhow. Alabama and ND can play, that's alright :grin:

We've started an official "Michigan Football Separated at Birth" thread on gamecockcentral.com. Here's the first entry:

mattison-hoke-p1.jpg

peter_griffin_by_Lone_soul4.jpg

In the last two days two different people have taunted me with Outback Bowl tickets that they fell into, one has press passes! Despite my pleading and begging, neither felt sorry enough to offer me one. Need to work on my groveling, I guess.

At least I can watch it on the telly.

Lol! Someone is full of pride for his team QB!

Congrats, Whip. The committee made the right call. That young man went into Alabama and did what no one thought possible, beat the 'Tide and beat them at their stadium. That alone was worth a Heisman right there :thumbsup:

• 4 weeks later...

What happened to USC football this season?

I know they're a better team than this. Clearly, they caved in from the inside out. What's up with them?

What happened to USC football this season?

The original USC is up 21-13 at the half.

They came out of the locker room looking much worse in the second half so far. Michigan is staying in this game and SC, as of the 3rd quarter, hasn't figured out a way to close the deal yet. 21-16 and Michigan's half time adjustments seem to be working.

Having said that, Michigan clearly doesn't have an answer for the wide open Gamecocks receiver picking up big yards in the middle of the field. Sheesh! Gotta love Denard Robinson, though :thumbsup:

And look at the Nebraska/Georgia game! Woah, those Cornhuskers are giving the Dawgs all they can handle! Big 10, baby! SEC who? :grin:

Nice win SC. Can't take anything away from that win. Michigan played an outstanding game, but SC got the job done. Nicely done.

SC won the same way they've been hurting Michigan all day, pass to a receiver right down the middle, splitting the Michigan defense.

As someone who holds two SC degrees with four more in my immediately family, let me say that Michigan is BY FAR the best five loss team in the country. Maybe the best three loss.

Go Noles!!

ACC champs, 12 wins and a BCS victory.

An improvement for sure.

Not when we hoped to be in Miami, :P but

will celebrate the win.

Michigan played well, needed one more big play on either side

to beat SC.

Clemson win over LSU showed some talent and grit, go Tigers.

That put me in first in bowl pool and the only game I lost this week was the Michigan game.

James,

USC was felled from within by the hubris and a couple injuries.

Coach w/out a soul didn't help either.

:lurk:

Have to root for Gators (seems I was first on their bandwagon around here in this thread :rofl: from first games of the season) to stay in first in bowl pool, oh well.

ClowneyHit_zps7e5d8075.gif

Yeah, this was one hell of a defensive stop. That was Clowney who hit him, wasn't it? Nailed him cold.

Wait, come to think of it, Michigan lost the fumble to Clowney on this same play, right? Dang, major hit, that's for sure.

Currently halftime in the Sugar Bowl, and Louisville is up on Florida 24-10.

Can somebody check on Matt, I just sent him a text and he hasn't responded, I'm concerned...:rofl:

ClowneyHit_zps7e5d8075.gif

Yeah, this was one hell of a defensive stop. That was Clowney who hit him, wasn't it? Nailed him cold.

Wait, come to think of it, Michigan lost the fumble to Clowney on this same play, right? Dang, major hit, that's for sure.

I think it was Mike Tirico who said even before that play was over, that SC should have had the ball (officials screwed up a measurement giving Michigan a first down) and Clowney rectified that error with the huge hit and fumble recovery.

I will say that I didn't see the fireworks on any of the other replays though, so I might have to go back and watch again. :)

Yes, to be honest, I felt that was a terribly poor call by the officials. That was not a first down no way no how. I don't know how they came to that conclusion.

Archived